Updated: May 25, 2018:
JD Supra is a legal publishing service that connects experts and their content with broader audiences of professionals, journalists and associations.
Please note that if you subscribe to one of our Services, you can make choices about how we collect, use and share your information through our Privacy Center under the "My Account" dashboard (available if you are logged into your JD Supra account).
Registration Information. When you register with JD Supra for our Website and Services, either as an author or as a subscriber, you will be asked to provide identifying information to create your JD Supra account ("Registration Data"), such as your:
Other Information: We also collect other information you may voluntarily provide. This may include content you provide for publication. We may also receive your communications with others through our Website and Services (such as contacting an author through our Website) or communications directly with us (such as through email, feedback or other forms or social media). If you are a subscribed user, we will also collect your user preferences, such as the types of articles you would like to read.
Information from third parties (such as, from your employer or LinkedIn): We may also receive information about you from third party sources. For example, your employer may provide your information to us, such as in connection with an article submitted by your employer for publication. If you choose to use LinkedIn to subscribe to our Website and Services, we also collect information related to your LinkedIn account and profile.
We use the information and data we collect principally in order to provide our Website and Services. More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
JD Supra takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to insure that user information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We restrict access to user information to those individuals who reasonably need access to perform their job functions, such as our third party email service, customer service personnel and technical staff. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. Where you use log-in credentials (usernames, passwords) on our Website, please remember that it is your responsibility to safeguard them. If you believe that your log-in credentials have been compromised, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website and Services are not directed at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our Website and/or Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Our Website and Services may contain links to other websites. The operators of such other websites may collect information about you, including through cookies or other technologies. If you are using our Website or Services and click a link to another site, you will leave our Website and this Policy will not apply to your use of and activity on those other sites. We encourage you to read the legal notices posted on those sites, including their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of such other sites. This Policy applies solely to the information collected in connection with your use of our Website and Services and does not apply to any practices conducted offline or in connection with any other websites.
JD Supra's principal place of business is in the United States. By subscribing to our website, you expressly consent to your information being processed in the United States.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
You can also manage your profile and subscriptions through our Privacy Center under the "My Account" dashboard.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. There may be times, however, where we are not able to fulfill your request, for example, if applicable law prohibits our compliance. Please note that JD Supra does not use "automatic decision making" or "profiling" as those terms are defined in the GDPR.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, our customers who are California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
You can make a request for this information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our site.
For non-EU/Swiss residents, if you would like to know what personal information we have about you, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will be in contact with you (by mail or otherwise) to verify your identity and provide you the information you request. We will respond within 30 days to your request for access to your personal information. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. If you would like to correct or update your personal information, you can manage your profile and subscriptions through our Privacy Center under the "My Account" dashboard. If you would like to delete your account or remove your information from our Website and Services, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As with many websites, JD Supra's website (located at http://www.jdsupra.com) (our "Website") and our services (such as our email article digests)(our "Services") use a standard technology called a "cookie" and other similar technologies (such as, pixels and web beacons), which are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you use our Website and Services. These technologies automatically identify your browser whenever you interact with our Website and Services.
There are different types of cookies and other technologies used our Website, notably:
JD Supra Cookies. We place our own cookies on your computer to track certain information about you while you are using our Website and Services. For example, we place a session cookie on your computer each time you visit our Website. We use these cookies to allow you to log-in to your subscriber account. In addition, through these cookies we are able to collect information about how you use the Website, including what browser you may be using, your IP address, and the URL address you came from upon visiting our Website and the URL you next visit (even if those URLs are not on our Website). We also utilize email web beacons to monitor whether our emails are being delivered and read. We also use these tools to help deliver reader analytics to our authors to give them insight into their readership and help them to improve their content, so that it is most useful for our users.
Analytics/Performance Cookies. JD Supra also uses the following analytic tools to help us analyze the performance of our Website and Services as well as how visitors use our Website and Services:
Facebook, Twitter and other Social Network Cookies. Our content pages allow you to share content appearing on our Website and Services to your social media accounts through the "Like," "Tweet," or similar buttons displayed on such pages. To accomplish this Service, we embed code that such third party social networks provide and that we do not control. These buttons know that you are logged in to your social network account and therefore such social networks could also know that you are viewing the JD Supra Website.
The processes for controlling and deleting cookies vary depending on which browser you use. To find out how to do so with a particular browser, you can use your browser's "Help" function or alternatively, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org which explains, step-by-step, how to control and delete cookies in most browsers.
- Protesters Around The World Are Putting Their Hopes Into Cryptocurrency - Forbes - June 24th, 2020
- The Benefits of Cryptocurrency Trading Crypto Benzinga - Benzinga - June 24th, 2020
- UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund announces its largest investment of startups in developing and emerging economies - UNICEF - June 24th, 2020
- Akon City: $6 Billion Cryptocurrency City Set to Begin Construction | News - Bitcoin News - June 24th, 2020
- From Ethereum to Stellar, to Solana: Cryptocurrency Kin Confirms Blockchain Migration - CoinDesk - June 24th, 2020
- More Than 14 Million XRP Deposits Within the First Week of Listing on CoinLoan - PRNewswire - June 24th, 2020
- Market Makers Hold The Key To Success Of Early-Stage Cryptocurrency Projects - hackernoon.com - June 24th, 2020
- Jim Rogers Discusses Bitcoin as Money and Why Governments Will Stop Crypto | News - Bitcoin News - June 24th, 2020
- South Korea to Unveil Rules of Cryptocurrency Taxation in July - Finance Magnates - June 24th, 2020
- Evorese.com, a new and promising cryptocurrency exchange - PR Web - June 24th, 2020
- Accessible crypto: Will the arrival of ziglu drive new levels of cryptocurrency adoption? - FXStreet - June 24th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency: Redefining the Future of Finance - Visual Capitalist - June 14th, 2020
- A Cryptocurrency User Paid $2.6M In Transaction Fee To Send $136 Twice - Benzinga - June 14th, 2020
- CryptoMixer.bz: Bitcoin Mixer for your anonymity in the Crypto World - Yahoo Finance - June 14th, 2020
- 80% of US and European Institutional Investors Find Cryptocurrency Appealing: Survey - Bitcoin News - June 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Quotes and Forecasts: Last Updates on Cryptocurrencies - FinSMEs - June 14th, 2020
- Justice Gets 15 Guilty Pleas for International Crime Ring that Laundered Money Through Cryptocurrency Exchanges - Nextgov - June 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts to 2026 - Jewish Life News - June 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market News: Bitcoin drops to $9,100, the rest of the market follows suit - FXStreet - June 14th, 2020
- Chainalysis Partners with A&D Forensics, Expanding Access to its Cryptocurrency Investigative Tools in Africa - bitcoinke.io - June 14th, 2020
- Bitcoin: A Value Investor's Take On This Asset Bubble - Seeking Alpha - June 14th, 2020
- CashTelex Is Driving Mainstream Crypto Adoption Through Its Brand New Physical Asset-Backed Cryptocurrency CTLX - Yahoo Finance - June 14th, 2020
- Ethereum 2.0: The Choice Between Ones Own Node and a Staking Service - Cointelegraph - June 14th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Can Become a Medicine to Treat the Challenges Caused by Covid-19 - Coin Idol - June 14th, 2020
- Binance Launches Quarterly BTC/USD Futures With Up To 125x Leverage - Benzinga - June 14th, 2020
- What Is The Future Of Cryptocurrency Going To Look Like? - About Manchester - June 6th, 2020
- Watch | What is crypto-jacking? - The Hindu - June 6th, 2020
- Regulating cryptocurrency exchanges - The Indian Express - June 6th, 2020
- HOW TO BUY BITCOIN ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT - Island Echo - June 6th, 2020
- Could Bitcoin Trading Volume Really 100X in Four Years? - Cointelegraph - June 6th, 2020
- First Mover: Bloomberg's Pie-in-the-Sky Bitcoin Call Looks Directionally Defensible - CoinDesk - June 6th, 2020
- $1.4 Billion In Cryptocurrency Stolen In The Spring of 2020 Amid Coronavirus and WoToken Scams - CryptoPotato - June 6th, 2020
- How to win cryptocurrency by playing Flappy Bird - Decrypt - June 6th, 2020
- What Is The Best Cryptocurrency Broker? - Cryptonews - June 6th, 2020
- Todays cache | Crypto-jacking, and more - The Hindu - June 6th, 2020
- Who are the distributors, traders and dealers of Cryptocurrency Market? - Fresno Observer - June 6th, 2020
- OKEx Continues Their Ongoing OKB Token Buyback - Cointelegraph - June 6th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Technology Market size Reap Excessive Revenues size COVID-19 2022 - Cole of Duty - June 6th, 2020
- Will Shopifys New Cryptocurrency Partnership Widen Its Moat? - Motley Fool - June 1st, 2020
- Meet Theta Fuel, the cryptocurrency that catches world's attention - Nairametrics - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin founder may have just moved nearly $400,000 in untouched cryptocurrency - The Independent - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoins $100K Probability Speculation or Economic Theory Backed? - Finance Magnates - June 1st, 2020
- Bitcoin hodl waves indicate 60% of the cryptocurrency is being hoarded analysts suggest a bull run could be - Business Insider India - June 1st, 2020
- Everything to Know about the Emergence of Prepaid Cryptocurrency Debit Cards: - PaymentsJournal - June 1st, 2020
- Africa's young population and the drive for cryptocurrency - Techpoint.ng - June 1st, 2020
- Kraken CEO: Bitcoin (BTC) Would Be Worth $1,000,000,000,000 If the Masses Knew the Power of Cryptocurrency - The Daily Hodl - June 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin bleeding as the market gets ready for CME futures expiration - FXStreet - June 1st, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Cardano increased by 15% - The Times Hub - June 1st, 2020
- Calibras Rebrand to Novi: An Effort to Create Distance from Facebook? - Finance Magnates - June 1st, 2020
- Why Have Cryptocurrency Payments Failed to Take Off So Far? - Cointelegraph - May 25th, 2020
- What to Know About Billions' Cryptocurrency Drama If You Know Nothing About Cryptocurrency - Vulture - May 25th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and COVID-19: Bitcoins Path to a Safe Haven - Cointelegraph - May 25th, 2020
- Bitcoin prices slip amid speculation that a block of the cryptocurrency possibly linked to creator Satoshi Nakamoto just changed hands - MarketWatch - May 25th, 2020
- Zcash's First Halving May Solve Its Inflation Problem - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 25th, 2020
- The Global Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Market is expected to grow by $ 2.80 bn during 2020-2024 progressing at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast... - May 25th, 2020
- Is 2020 the year to invest in cryptocurrency? - About Manchester - May 25th, 2020
- RenBTC Quietly Goes Live in Latest Bid to Bring Bitcoin Into Ethereum - CoinDesk - CoinDesk - May 25th, 2020
- Eight Countries That Don't Tax Your Bitcoin Gains | Finance Bitcoin News - Bitcoin News - May 25th, 2020
- The Top 5 Cryptocurrencies to Mine  | Coin Insider - Coin Insider - May 25th, 2020
- Can Stablecoins Be the Answer to Cryptocurrency's Biggest Problem? - News Anyway - May 25th, 2020
- ZIMBOCASH Lists Cryptocurrency Token, Wants To Be Alternative To ZW$ - Technology Zimbabwe - May 25th, 2020
- Bitcoin investors are bracing for a key technical event here's what you need to know - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- Teen Hackers Accused of Cryptocurrency Theft, Sued For $71 Mn - CISO MAG - May 11th, 2020
- Coinbase CEO Says New Cryptocurrency Bill Would Have Major Impact on Future of Finance - The Daily Hodl - May 11th, 2020
- Paul Tudor Jones calls bitcoin a 'great speculation,' says he has almost 2% of his assets in it - CNBC - May 11th, 2020
- No way around it: the irreparable damage cryptocurrency does to the environment - Green Prophet - May 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin halving explained: What is cryptocurrency event and will it boost price? - The Independent - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bloodbath as Bitcoin nosedives to $8,000, Ethereum $180 and Ripple $0.1780 - FXStreet - May 11th, 2020
- Investors Who Bought iMining Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (CVE:IMIN) Shares A Year Ago Are Now Up 56% - Simply Wall St - May 11th, 2020
- Ethereum, XRP, and Litecoin Prices Wait for Bitcoins Halving - Crypto Briefing - May 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin's halving might see a large influx of investors wanting a piece of the cryptocurrency market - Mashable SE Asia - May 11th, 2020
- What is a cryptocurrency and why is it needed? - AMBCrypto English - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple have a bullish start to Saturday, following Fridays drop - FXStreet - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Litecoin dipped to 12% - The Times Hub - May 11th, 2020
- Bitcoin halving, coronavirus and recession: Is an adoption surge ahead? - Verdict - May 11th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bityard Launched A Global Business Layout Using Singapore As Its Base - IndianWeb2.com - May 11th, 2020
- The IRS Wants to Know About Your Cryptocurrency Transactions - Interesting Engineering - May 7th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin whales massively accumulating, Ethereum and Ripple commence consolidation - FXStreet - May 7th, 2020
- Rand Corporation report finds bitcoin is still the dark webs preferred cryptocurrency - Yahoo Finance - May 7th, 2020
- Cryptocurrency and the future of the automotive trading industry - Irish Tech News - May 7th, 2020