By 2024, artificial intelligence (AI) and emerging technologies such as virtual personal assistants and chatbots will replace almost 69 per cent of the manager's workload, predicts research and advisory firm Gartner, Inc.
Such technologies are rapidly making headway into the workplace, Gartner said.
"The role of manager will see a complete overhaul in the next four years," said Helen Poitevin, research vice- president at Gartner, in a statement.
"Currently, managers often need to spend time filling in forms, updating information and approving workflows. By using AI to automate these tasks, they can spend less time managing transactions and can invest more time on learning, performance management and goal setting," she said.
AI and emerging technologies will undeniably change the role of the manager and will allow employees to extend their degree of responsibility and influence, without taking on management tasks, Gartner said.
Application leaders focused on innovation and AI are now accountable for improving worker experience, developing worker skills and building organisational competency in responsible use of AI, it was noted.
"Application leaders will need to support a gradual transition to increased automation of management tasks as this functionality becomes increasingly available across more enterprise applications, said Poitevin.
Nearly 75 per cent of heads of recruiting reported that talent shortages will have a major effect on their organisations, according to Gartner.
Enterprises have been experiencing critical talent shortage for several years.
Organisations need to consider people with disabilities, an untapped pool of critically skilled talent.
Today, AI and other emerging technologies are making work more accessible for employees with disabilities.
Gartner estimates that organisations actively employing people with disabilities have 89 per cent higher retention rates, a 72 per cent increase in employee productivity and a 29 per cent increase in profitability.
In addition, Gartner said that by 2023, the number of people with disabilities employed will triple, due to AI and emerging technologies reducing barriers to access.
"Some organisations are successfully using AI to make work accessible for those with special needs," said Poitevin.
"Restaurants are piloting AI robotics technology that enables paralysed employees to control robotic waiters remotely. With technologies like braille-readers and virtual reality, organisations are more open to opportunities to employ a diverse workforce," she said.
- What are the Implications of Artificial Intelligence? Analytics Insight - Analytics Insight - July 18th, 2021
- Anthony Bourdain Doc Recreates His Voice Using Artificial Intelligence and 10-Plus Hours of Audio - IndieWire - July 18th, 2021
- Harvard Astrophysicist Says We May Need Artificial Intelligence to Speak With Alien Life - ComicBook.com - July 18th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Chipsets Market to Exhibit an Exceptional CAGR of 38.9% by 2027; Implementation of Risk Management Solutions to Intensify... - July 18th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence will soon be assisting your platform migrations - ZDNet - July 18th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence the hottest skill to have in post-pandemic world: Survey - Mint - July 18th, 2021
- Car insurance and more could get cheaper (and, a lot fairer) thanks to artificial intelligence - TechRepublic - July 18th, 2021
- Tribe Payments reports Artificial Intelligence to be significant in 5 years - IBS Intelligence - July 18th, 2021
- WHO issues first global report on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in health and six guiding principles for its design and use - World Health Organization - June 28th, 2021
- What are the benefits of Artificial Intelligence in Government? - Entrepreneur - June 28th, 2021
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence Turns 20: Haley Joel Osment Reflects On Epic Scale of Spielberg Movie and Legacy of Kubrick - Hollywood Reporter - June 28th, 2021
- Hicks Announces New Artificial Intelligence Initiative > US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Defense Department News - Department of Defense - June 28th, 2021
- Incapable? Yes, Artificial Intelligence Can't Do These Things! - Analytics Insight - June 28th, 2021
- Global Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: Deals and Agreements by Leading Players From 2010-2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - June 28th, 2021
- lvarez-Pallete: "We must take digitization to the next level with Artificial Intelligence" - TelecomTV - June 28th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence and What Does It Mean for Education - Analytics Insight - June 28th, 2021
- Importance of Artificial Intelligence and its impact on humanity - The Times of India Blog - June 28th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence In Healthcare And How It's Transforming The Industry - BioSpace - June 28th, 2021
- RadNet, Inc. and Jefferies to Host a Teach-In on Artificial Intelligence within Diagnostic Imaging - GlobeNewswire - June 28th, 2021
- A beginner's guide to AI: Policy - The Next Web - June 28th, 2021
- Which Industries are Hiring AI and Machine Learning Roles? - Dice Insights - June 28th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Restores Mutilated Rembrandt Painting The Night Watch - ARTnews - June 28th, 2021
- Banking on AI: The Opportunities and Limitations of Artificial Intelligence in the Fight Against Financial Crime and Money Laundering - International... - June 28th, 2021
- How to Invest in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence - Analytics Insight - June 28th, 2021
- Acceleration of Artificial Intelligence in the Healthcare Industry - Analytics Insight - June 28th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Platform Provider ASAPP Raises $120 Million to Drive Greater Performance of Customer Experience (CX) Teams - PRNewswire - May 20th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence and privacy rights: Daily Star columnist - The Straits Times - May 20th, 2021
- What we need to know about artificial intelligence and privacy rights - The Daily Star - May 20th, 2021
- Can artificial intelligence save the British model of education? - The National - May 20th, 2021
- Can Artificial Intelligence Help Local News? Sure. And It Can Cause Great Harm As Well. - wgbh.org - May 20th, 2021
- Onit Celebrates its 10th Anniversary with Record Revenue Growth, Investment in Artificial Intelligence and Global Expansion - GlobeNewswire - May 20th, 2021
- Artefact and Econocom have teamed up to raise Service Desk - GlobeNewswire - May 20th, 2021
- Improving the way videos are organized - MIT News - May 20th, 2021
- Driving in automatic: How Jaguar Land Rover used artificial intelligence to track sentiment | Feature - Research Live - May 20th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence - National Cancer Institute - May 18th, 2021
- What is Artificial Intelligence | Artificial Intelligence ... - May 18th, 2021
- Helping students of all ages flourish in the era of artificial intelligence - MIT News - May 18th, 2021
- How artificial intelligence can help us get back to the humanity of college admissions decisions | TheHill - The Hill - May 18th, 2021
- Of All Things: Artificial intelligence is real | News | montgomerynews.com - Montgomery Newspapers - May 18th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Identifies IBM And Netflix Among Trending Stocks This Week - Forbes - May 18th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence taking over DevOps functions, survey confirms - ZDNet - May 18th, 2021
- Why new EU rules around artificial intelligence are vital to the development of the sector - ComputerWeekly.com - May 18th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Selects Activision Blizzard As A Thematic Stock Highlight This Week - Forbes - May 18th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Drive the Future of Supply Chain Logistics - Supply and Demand Chain Executive - May 18th, 2021
- Being smart with artificial intelligence: deploying AI in the public sector - Global Government Forum - May 18th, 2021
- Airport of the Future: Houston's Hobby Airport Uses Artificial Intelligence to Provide a Next Gen Travel Experience - Business Wire - May 18th, 2021
- New Draft Rules on the Use of Artificial Intelligence - Lexology - May 18th, 2021
- BBVA AI Factory, among the world's best financial innovation labs, according to Global Finance - BBVA - May 18th, 2021
- New artificial intelligence regulations have important implications for the workplace - Workplace Insight - May 18th, 2021
- The future of artificial intelligence and its impact on the economy - Brookings Institution - May 18th, 2021
- Famed Artificial Intelligence-Based ETF Has Loaded Up $1.4M Tesla Shares On Dip This Month - Benzinga - May 18th, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) Is Helping Musicians Unlock Their Creativity - Forbes - May 18th, 2021
- Moving Picture, Audio and Data Coding by Artificial Intelligence (MPAI) Standards Association Has Received Substantial Proposals in Response to Its... - May 18th, 2021
- CDW Tech Talk Explains How to Get Ahead with Automation and Security - BizTech Magazine - May 18th, 2021
- A Citizens Guide To Artificial Intelligence: A Nice Focus On The Societal Impact Of AI - Forbes - April 13th, 2021
- Proteins, artificial intelligence, and future of pandemic responses - Dailyuw - April 13th, 2021
- Artificial intelligence, like algorithms, could crack the language of cancer and Alzheimers, study finds - FOX 2 Detroit - April 13th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Are Top of Mind as These Two Grantmakers Join Forces Inside Philanthropy - Inside Philanthropy - April 13th, 2021
- Johnson Controls and Pelion Partner on Artificial Intelligence / Internet of Things (AIoT) For Smart, Healthy, and Sustainable Buildings - IoT For All - April 13th, 2021
- Cosmo announces FDA approval of GI Genius intelligent endoscopy module, its revolutionary Artificial Intelligence device for lesion detection during... - April 13th, 2021
- LinkedInGuru Innovates Resume Writing by Utilizing Artificial Intelligence and Design - TechDecisions - April 13th, 2021
- How Machine Learning Will Enable Technologies That Anticipate What The Brain Thinks - Forbes - April 13th, 2021
- Welcome to IJCAI | IJCAI - April 11th, 2021
- Learn How Artificial Intelligence and Decision Intelligence is your Key to Safe Re-Openings - TAPinto.net - April 11th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Demographics & Firmographics - PRNewswire - April 11th, 2021
- FDA Authorizes Marketing of First Device that Uses Artificial Intelligence to Help Detect Potential Signs of Colon Cancer - FDA.gov - April 11th, 2021
- Judge signals that artificial intelligence cannot be named as an inventor in the United States - JD Supra - April 11th, 2021
- BMW Group scaling artificial intelligence for data privacy in production with innovative anonymisation algorithms - Automotive World - April 11th, 2021
- Could Artificial Intelligence Improve Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? - Psychiatric Times - April 11th, 2021
- JAIC director: With flat budgets, turn to AI to save money - C4ISRNet - C4ISRNet - April 11th, 2021
- Johnson Controls and Pelion Partner on Artificial Intelligence / Internet of Things (AIoT) For Smart, Healthy, and Sustainable Buildings -... - April 11th, 2021
- CDW Tech Talk: Finding the Humanity in Artificial Intelligence and Big Data - BizTech Magazine - April 11th, 2021
- WINT Named to the 2021 CB Insights AI 100 List of Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Startups - PRNewswire - April 11th, 2021
- Policymaking and artificial intelligence: A conversation with John R. Allen and Darrell M. West - Brookings Institution - April 11th, 2021
- BioSig Invited to Join Alliance for Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare (AAIH) - Yahoo Finance - April 11th, 2021
- Banking Regulatory Agencies Seek Information on Financial Institutions Use of Artificial Intelligence - JD Supra - April 11th, 2021
- Costa Rica Advances in the Implementation of Artificial Intelligence - The Costa Rica News - April 11th, 2021
- Artificial Intelligence Is Learning To Categorize And Talk About Art - Forbes - March 31st, 2021
- Google Maps using artificial intelligence to help point people in the right direction - ZDNet - March 31st, 2021
- The Future of AI: Careers in Machine Learning - Southern New Hampshire University - March 31st, 2021