Artificial intelligence is disrupting industries across the board. In healthcare, AI technologies are outperforming humans in diagnosing disease--particularly when it comes to spotting malignant tumors. In marketing, artificial intelligence analyzes users behavioral patterns, enabling businesses to target customers with highly personalized content
AI could disrupt the design industry in a variety of ways.
The design industry is yet another area where AI is making huge strides. Just recently, an AI tool pulled from a database of dozens of patterns and colors to create 7 million unique packaging designs for Nutella.
Lets take a closer look at how artificial intelligence is shaping the future of design.
In addition to generating its own designsas it did for NutellaAI is the driving force behind modern web design. Artificial design intelligence (ADI) systems are democratizing website development, generating functional, attractive websites from the bottom up.
Wix and Bookmark both offer AI platforms that allow websites to intelligently design themselves; the customer is responsible for choosing the sites name and answering a few quick questions, but AI will do the rest. Designers and developers no longer need to build websites completely from scratch, and they can create attractive sites regardless of their level of experience with web building or design.
Quality assurance (QA) is an essential area of concern to companies. If the public thinks a company or service does not care about keeping its quality level high, theyll likely do business elsewhere. AI for quality assurance can help. Read here
In addition to designing the face of web pages, AI builds the image of a brand. Artificial intelligence tools like Tailor Brands can gather data from around the web to design customized logos in seconds, requiring from the user nothing but their businesss name and a quick description of their company or industry. In this sense, AI has made brand design more accessible for emerging entrepreneurs with small budgets and little to no design experience.
Designers working with AI can create designs faster and more cheaply. Artificial intelligence tools can analyze vast amounts of data within minutes and suggest designs accordingly. Airbnb is already taking advantage of this function, feeding wireframe sketches to AI machines which, in turn, can generate complete images. This capability can be used to create several different prototype designs that can then be A/B tested with users.
Domos VP Data and Curiosity Ben Schein discusses integrating AI into your company practices without comprimising agility, speed or control. Read here
AI saves designers time by automating mundane tasks, allowing designers to instead focus on higher-level work. Rather than designing banners and product labels in multiple languages, for instance, designers can outsource the work to AI. The designers, in turn, can approve or reject the suggested graphics, saving them enormous amounts of time.
Artificial intelligence not only designs two-dimensional graphics like web pages and branding materials, but it also builds three-dimensional graphics. AI is being used to build three-dimensional architectural models, facilitating the work of architects by enabling them to create a detailed, lifelike blueprint of their building plan. AI is also being used to build worlds for virtual reality, artificial reality, and mixed reality. Artificial intelligence tools not only design the graphics for these worlds, but they also react intelligently to user interaction and behavior.
Some people worry that, with the advanced design capabilities of artificial intelligence, AI will eventually replace human designers altogether. The reality, however, is that AI will play a more complex and nuanced role in design. Artificial intelligence tools will facilitate the work of human designers while remaining a tooland not a replacementfor human designers.
Think about it: standard machines dont replace workers altogether but, instead, automate basic tasks and help workers operate more efficiently. Artificial intelligence programs will operate the same way, automating mundane tasks and even making original suggestions while still requiring a human designer to oversee the process and make the most important decisions.
Jens Krueger, chief technology officer, Workday, explains why a culture of inclusion, innovation and upskilling is crucial in order to reap the benefits of automation. Read here
So while AI isnt going to replace designers, it is going to replace something else: traditional methods of doing business. AI is changing the way people lead, manage, and make decisions.
In the world of design, this means using market data to make informed hypotheses about which designs work best for business. AI platforms can analyze which colors, shapes, typefaces, and other visuals perform best across different industries. That way, rather than coming up with a design based on limited research and intuition, human designers can use artificial intelligence tools to make design choices based on real, hard data.
In the next few years, designers will increasingly harness the power of artificial intelligence to inform their design decisions. AI tools wont replace designers but, on the contrary, will facilitate designers work so they can focus on bigger picture tasks. Artificial intelligence is already strong across the design industry, generating graphics for websites, brands, virtual reality and more. As AI becomes stronger, it wont just show us what we already know; itll also present us with novel ideas and open new avenues for thought.
Written by Tailor Brands, an automated, AI-powered logo design and branding platform.
- The path to real-world artificial intelligence - TechRepublic - July 12th, 2020
- DeepMind researchers propose rebuilding the AI industry on a base of anticolonialism - VentureBeat - July 12th, 2020
- AI In Human Resources To AI or not to AI? - Analytics Insight - July 12th, 2020
- Reducing bias in AI-based financial services - Brookings Institution - July 12th, 2020
- How To Flunk Those Cognitive Deficiency Tests And What This Means Too For AI Self-Driving Cars - Forbes - July 12th, 2020
- AMP Robotics Named to Forbes AI 50 - Yahoo Finance - July 12th, 2020
- Detect COVID-19 Symptoms Using Wearable Device And AI - Hackaday - July 12th, 2020
- Announcing the second annual VentureBeat AI Innovation Awards at Transform 2020 - VentureBeat - July 12th, 2020
- AI Weekly: Welcome to The Machine, VentureBeats AI site - VentureBeat - July 12th, 2020
- Five Of The Leading British AI Companies Revealed - Forbes - July 12th, 2020
- Adobe tests an AI recommendation tool for headlines and images - TechCrunch - July 12th, 2020
- A new AI tool to fight the coronavirus - Axios - July 12th, 2020
- Pentagon AI center shifts focus to joint war-fighting operations - C4ISRNet - July 12th, 2020
- Where it Counts, U.S. Leads in Artificial Intelligence - Department of Defense - July 12th, 2020
- Beyond the AI hype cycle: Trust and the future of AI - MIT Technology Review - July 12th, 2020
- AI Chip Strikes Down the von Neumann Bottleneck With In-Memory Neural Net Processing - News - All About Circuits - July 12th, 2020
- The US, China and the AI arms race: Cutting through the hype - CNET - July 12th, 2020
- AI technology will soon replace error-prone humans all over the world but here's why it could set us all free - The Independent - July 12th, 2020
- trusted computing artificial intelligence (AI) information warfare - Military & Aerospace Electronics - July 12th, 2020
- Adobe's New AI Tool Can Recommend Different Headlines and Images To The Varying Audience Of A Blog - Digital Information World - July 12th, 2020
- CoVID-19 and the use of robots - AI Daily - July 12th, 2020
- Cooper, the grocery assistant with AI, gives concierge service - Mail and Guardian - July 12th, 2020
- Imec & GLOBALFOUNDRIES Partner Up And Announce Breakthroughs In AI Chip On IoT Devices - Wccftech - July 12th, 2020
- News digest light-activated nanoparticles, Government's obesity plans, tumour 'glue' and AI research fund - Cancer Research UK - Science Blog - July 12th, 2020
- AI may soon be able to tell you're sick by the sound of your voice - The Star Online - July 12th, 2020
- What Is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? | PCMag - July 2nd, 2020
- How AI Is Impacting Operations At LinkedIn - Forbes - July 2nd, 2020
- Does the Human Touch + AI = The Future of Work? - Datanami - July 2nd, 2020
- E-Commerce and AI Working Together in a Post COVID19 World - IoT For All - July 2nd, 2020
- AI Models Say These Are The Best Stocks To Short Today - Forbes - July 2nd, 2020
- Data Quantity, Complexity Drives Use of AI in Drug Discovery and Testing - Xconomy - July 2nd, 2020
- Council of Europe participating in the panel on Accountable AI solutions of the AI for Good Global Summit 2020 - Council of Europe - July 2nd, 2020
- The DOD needs to define AI and protect its data better, watchdog says - FedScoop - July 2nd, 2020
- 3 AI Healthcare Stocks to Ride Out the Coronavirus Resurgence - Yahoo Finance - July 2nd, 2020
- MIT removes huge dataset that teaches AI systems to use racist, misogynistic slurs - The Next Web - July 2nd, 2020
- Remdesivir's controversial cost, early vaccine data, and AI at the end of life - STAT - July 2nd, 2020
- Artificial intelligence levels show AI is not created equal. Do you know what the vendor is selling? - Spend Matters - July 2nd, 2020
- China and AI: What the World Can Learn and What It Should Be Wary of - Nextgov - July 2nd, 2020
- Machines That Can Understand Human Speech: The Conversational Pattern Of AI - Forbes - July 2nd, 2020
- How Can Companies Overcome Challenges That Come With AI Adoption? - Express Computer - July 2nd, 2020
- Google Sheet Comes Up With A New Feature AI-Backed Smart Fill and Smart Clean Up That Will Make The Data Error Free And Consistent - Digital... - July 2nd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Systems Will Need to Have Certification, CISA Official Says - Nextgov - July 2nd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence Can't Deal With Chaos, But Teaching It Physics Could Help - ScienceAlert - July 2nd, 2020
- NASAs New Moon-Bound Space Suits Will Get a Boost From AI - WIRED - July 2nd, 2020
- China & AI: What the World Can Learn And What It Should Be Wary of - The Quint - July 2nd, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Agriculture Market: Technological Innovations and Analysis Till 2030 - Cole of Duty - July 2nd, 2020
- Letters to the editor - The Economist - July 2nd, 2020
- DHL partners with Microsoft and AI specialist to ease automation integration - Parcel and Postal Technology International - July 2nd, 2020
- Coronavirus will finally give artificial intelligence its moment - San Antonio Express-News - June 20th, 2020
- AI Makes A Splash In Advertising - Forbes - June 20th, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence in Fintech - Global Market Growth, Trends and Forecasts to 2025 - Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry -... - June 20th, 2020
- This Startup Is Trying to Foster an AI Art Scene in Korea - Adweek - June 20th, 2020
- 3 examples that show how automation and AI are not just for big businesses - AZ Big Media - June 20th, 2020
- AI cameras may be used to detect social distancing as US is reopening - Business Insider - Business Insider - June 20th, 2020
- NIST Announces Workshop Focused on "Bias in AI" - JD Supra - June 20th, 2020
- The importance and opportunities of transatlantic cooperation on AI - Brookings Institution - June 20th, 2020
- AI bias and privacy issues require more than clever tech - ComputerWeekly.com - June 20th, 2020
- Is FaceApp Just a Gender Swapping Gimmick or an AI and Privacy Nightmare in the Making? - Wccftech - June 20th, 2020
- Where AI Meets Big Data, Innovation is Assured - Analytics Insight - June 20th, 2020
- AI Can Autocomplete Images in the Same Way It Does Text - Adweek - June 20th, 2020
- Amazons AI-powered distance assistants will warn workers when they get too close - The Verge - June 20th, 2020
- OODA Video: The Technologies of AI Security and Ethics - OODA Loop - June 20th, 2020
- The UK has only just begun to see the transformative potential of AI - Telegraph.co.uk - June 20th, 2020
- US Corporations are talking about bans for AI. Will the EU? - EURACTIV - June 20th, 2020
- 'Lost memories': War crimes evidence threatened by AI moderation - Reuters - June 20th, 2020
- Tesla's Head of AI Says The Firm Uses a Harder Approach to Self-Driving for Scalability Reasons - Interesting Engineering - June 20th, 2020
- AI in Healthcare Market projected a CAGR of 52.3% during the forecast period, 2020-2026 - 3rd Watch News - June 20th, 2020
- 'Its fundamental': Graphcore CEO believes new kinds of AI will prove the worth of a new kind of computer - ZDNet - June 1st, 2020
- Microsoft lays off journalists to replace them with AI - The Verge - June 1st, 2020
- Can't find Wally? AI to the rescue... - AI Daily - June 1st, 2020
- AI is more data-hungry than ever, and DefinedCrowd raises $50M B round to feed it - TechCrunch - June 1st, 2020
- Anoto's subsidiary Knowledge AI Inc expands the customer base for its education solution KAIT by signing a fully paid subscription agreement with a... - June 1st, 2020
- Coronavirus tests the value of artificial intelligence in medicine - FierceHealthcare - June 1st, 2020
- Walmart Employees Are Out to Show Its Anti-Shoplifting AI Doesn't Work - WIRED - June 1st, 2020
- Brabant universities designed an AI-Toolkit to support the industry - Innovation Origins - June 1st, 2020
- Experts discuss benefits and risks associated with integrating AI - The Peninsula Qatar - June 1st, 2020
- (2020-2025) AI in Social Media Market Insights and Industry Detailed Analysis: Google, Facebook, Microsoft, AWS, IBM, Adobe Systems, Baidu,... - June 1st, 2020
- AI and the Far Right: A History We Can't Ignore - Medium - May 4th, 2020
- Jukebox AI trained to create entires songs that are actually good - Business Insider - Business Insider - May 4th, 2020
- A critical review of Star Wars AI - The Next Web - May 4th, 2020