U.S.A. -(Ammoland.com)- Grassroots Second Amendment activists from across the country are being urged to attend a 2nd Amendment Rally on Saturday, Nov. 2 at the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., where they hope to deliver a message that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Now is the time for activists to make plans, as the rally is a mere six weeks away. It is being dubbed as a rally for the Second on the 2nd.
As explained by activist Rob Pincus, director of media relations for Save the Second, during an interview with the Right of the People podcast from the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Phoenix, Weve got a big election coming up next year. We need to remind the nation, we need to remind ourselves that we are the Second Amendment lobby and thats why the 2nd Amendment rally is important.
Pincus pointed to the rallys website for details. There is also a Facebook page where people can learn details as they emerge. He said there is no sponsorship for this event and no single organization. Funding is provided by people who care about the Second Amendment.
What has sunk in over the past few months is that far too many people are willing to write a checkand say okay, Ive done my part, and then move on, Pincus lamented.
According to the rally website, The Second Amendment Rally is a grassroots event, organized and funded by grassroots activists, open to all supporters of the Constitution and lovers of liberty.
If you own a gun, Pincus said during the podcast interview, you are the gun lobby.
The rally is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. and run for three hours.
Just how many will appear would be speculation at this point, but Pincus suggested that organizers are hoping for several thousand rights activists to attend.
Maybe having 10,000 people, 15,000 people standing on the capitol steps, on the capitol grounds, listening to some of the most active leaders the most active advocates inside the Second Amendment community for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon, he observed, I think that will be an opportunity for everybody to remember that we are the gun lobby. We are the ones who exercise these rights. We are the ones who benefit from these rights.
Pincus was one of 91 speakers who appeared at the 34th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference over the past weekend. As Ammoland News reported earlier, this years event was the biggest in the conferences history. More than 1,100 people pre-registered and it appears many if not most of them showed up for at least part of the event. In addition, according to Alan Gottlieb, founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, the two-day event was viewed by more than 100,000 people as it was live-streamed on the SAF Facebook page.
In the past, gun rights activists have been a lethargic bunch, but this time around things are different. The Second Amendment has been under attack as never before, in part by anti-gunners exploiting mass shooting incidents to push bans on so-called semiautomatic assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, along with registration and one-gun-a-month schemes. Also on the gun control agenda are safe storage mandates, mandatory training requirements, expansion of so-called red flag laws and other restrictions suggesting that proponents are trying to turn Second Amendment-protected rights into government regulated privileges.
What also makes this year different for grassroots activism was the heat-of-the-moment candor by Democrat presidential candidate Robert Francis Beto ORourke during the recent debate. His declaration, Hell, yes were going to take your AR15, your AK47 finally erased any doubt that anti-gunners intend to disarm law-abiding American citizens.
Most noteworthy about the remark was the silence from all the other candidates on the stage, suggesting they all quietly concur with ORourkes threat. His comment was mentioned or alluded to repeatedly during the recent rights conference.
The Second Amendment expressly protects the rights of the individual, Pincus stated. The individual needs to get involved and the Second Amendment rally is an opportunity to do that.
About Dave Workman
Dave Workman is a senior editor atTheGunMag.comand Liberty Park Press,author of multiple bookson the Right to Keep & Bear Arms and formerly an NRA-certified firearms instructor.
- Boom times for the Second Amendment, apparently - The Boston Globe - July 5th, 2020
- Has Anyone Told Kelly Loeffler The Second Amendment Applies To Everyone? - Above the Law - July 5th, 2020
- Your Second Amendment Rights are in Jeopardy! Take a Stand #GUNVOTE - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - July 5th, 2020
- Opinion: Counterprotesters among cowards of the worst kind - The Cincinnati Enquirer - July 5th, 2020
- Donald Trump endorses Tony Gonzales to replace U.S. Rep. Will Hurd - The Texas Tribune - July 5th, 2020
- Shreveport protests pause 4th of July weekend, will continue in future - Shreveport Times - July 5th, 2020
- 'Until we are all free, no one is free,' Richmond man says on Fourth of July - wtvr.com - July 5th, 2020
- Keystone thrives on President Trump's visit - Kotatv - July 5th, 2020
- Loeffler claims 'strongest conservative record of anyone in my race' - Forsyth County News Online - July 5th, 2020
- Two for the price of one: Pair of proposed amendments to state constitution head to Pa. House - PA Post - July 5th, 2020
- Colorado Ceasefire says red flag law used 'within the bounds of projected need' - RealVail - July 5th, 2020
- What you need to know about the 2nd Congressional District primary - Press of Atlantic City - July 5th, 2020
- Opinion | Why Some Black Americans Are Arming Themselves - The New York Times - July 5th, 2020
- House bill would prohibit police from using tear gas for crowd control in Michigan - Michigan Radio - July 5th, 2020
- Group calling for Land Run monument's removal says it doesn't need armed volunteers' protection - KOCO Oklahoma City - July 5th, 2020
- NJ Primary Elections 2020: The Five Republicans Who Want to Take over as US Senator - NJ Spotlight - July 5th, 2020
- PULSE OF THE VOTERS: Oklahoma, U.S. see polarizing political landscape ahead of election - Enid News & Eagle - July 5th, 2020
- Black and white Americans are embracing the Second Amendment - The Boston Globe - June 24th, 2020
- Groups Exercise First, Second Amendment Rights in Peaceful Gatherings - wevv.com - June 24th, 2020
- Leave the Guns At Home - Flathead Beacon - June 24th, 2020
- Considering the role of Trump in Virginia's 2nd Congressional District - 13newsnow.com WVEC - June 24th, 2020
- India-Nepal Bilateral Relations Slide: Perspective From Kathmandu - Council on Foreign Relations - June 24th, 2020
- SEBI notifies Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2020 - taxscan.in - June 24th, 2020
- Does the Second Amendment prohibit slavery? Reason.com - Reason - June 20th, 2020
- Why Did the Roberts Court Punt on Ten Second Amendment Cases? - National Review - June 20th, 2020
- Letter: Jeff Gallahan is the real deal on Second Amendment - MPNnow.com - June 20th, 2020
- Consultations on TAR NC and second amendment to Gas System Charges Ordinance - International Law Office - June 20th, 2020
- Fact check: George Washington misquoted on the need for arms and ammunition - Reuters - June 20th, 2020
- STAR bond sale approved to finance project amendments - The Derby Informer - June 20th, 2020
- The Roberts' Supreme Court Will Not Defend The Second Amendment! - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - June 20th, 2020
- Trump, Tulsa and the demise of Lincolns Republican Party - USA TODAY - June 20th, 2020
- How Donald Trump Abused the Second Amendment - Yahoo News - June 18th, 2020
- Police Funding, Second Amendment Discussed at Kalispell Council - Flathead Beacon - June 18th, 2020
- Voices of the Peninsula: The Second Amendment needs no sanctuary - Kenai Peninsula Online - June 18th, 2020
- Trump calls Supreme Court rulings 'shotgun blasts into the face' of Republicans, conservatives - CNBC - June 18th, 2020
- Lawsuit against New Mexico governor dropped after firearm retailers allowed to reopen - The Center Square - June 18th, 2020
- 2 Polk charter amendments, tax break will be on Nov. 3 ballot - The Ledger - June 18th, 2020
- Bikers And Second Amendment Groups Crashed A Black Lives Matter Protest In A Small Town And Violence Broke Out - BuzzFeed News - June 18th, 2020
- NRA Foundation Auctions Firearms for Father's Day - America's 1st Freedom - June 18th, 2020
- When it comes to guns, the justices duck - Washington Examiner - June 18th, 2020
- How 6 blocks in Seattle became a microcosm of the culture wars - POLITICO - June 18th, 2020
- Amendment to our Second Amendment - Villages-News - May 23rd, 2020
- It Wouldn't Be an American Reopening Without an Unfortunate Exercise of Second Amendment Freedom - Esquire - May 23rd, 2020
- America's Two Kinds of Justice | Opinion - Harvard Crimson - May 23rd, 2020
- Like it or not, much of the Constitution subject to interpretation| The Civics Project - Florida Today - May 23rd, 2020
- Meet the Republicans looking to unseat Sen. Mark Warner - Richmond.com - May 23rd, 2020
- American violence in the time of coronavirus (Armed and contagious) High Country News Know the West - High Country News - May 23rd, 2020
- FIRST ON CBS7: Open Carry Texas VP threatening to come back to Odessa to "stand up to this ol' boy" Sheriff Griffis - CBS7 News - May 23rd, 2020
- The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America - The Suburban Times - May 14th, 2020
- Second Amendment doesn't give people the right to carry guns at rallies - Laurinburg Exchange - May 14th, 2020
- Second Amendment does not give people right to carry guns at rallies - The Robesonian - May 14th, 2020
- Second Amendment Group Says Decision To Stop Fingerprinting Is Infringing Their Rights - CT News Junkie - May 14th, 2020
- Leaves Before Paying the Check - The New York Times - May 14th, 2020
- Second Amendment | Contents, Supreme Court Interpretations ... - May 11th, 2020
- Letter: All amendments matter, not just the 2nd Amendment - Northwest Herald - May 11th, 2020
- RIVERA on REOPENING plans Virus sparks call to expand SICK LEAVE Barnstable won't 'WRITE OFF SUMMER' - Politico - May 11th, 2020
- 'Ahead of its time': 2020 marks 15th anniversary of Indiana's red flag law - Indiana Daily Student - May 11th, 2020
- 'Indeed, they are coming to take your guns' - coloradopolitics.com - April 11th, 2020
- Grassroots Networking In These Unique Times - NRA ILA - April 11th, 2020
- The Conservative Candidates Vying To Lead Chicagos Police Union Support The Mayors Pick For Top Cop - WBEZ - April 11th, 2020
- Letter to the editor: Constitutional rights are inalienable, not imaginary - Paso Robles Daily News - April 11th, 2020
- Letters: Don't release inmates; Not all are allowed on beach; First Amendment rights at risk - Honolulu Star-Advertiser - April 11th, 2020
- Below The Radar: S Res 110 - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - April 11th, 2020
- Gun-rights advocates protest closure of shooting ranges in R.I. - The Providence Journal - March 24th, 2020
- Below the Radar: The Kimberly Vaughan Firearm Safe Storage Act - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - March 24th, 2020
- The National Rifle Association is Laying Off Staff, Cutting Salaries and Reducing Hours Amid COVID-19 Outbreak - Newsweek - March 24th, 2020
- Senate closes week with flurry of action - The Ottawa Herald - March 24th, 2020
- NRA goes on the offensive after Senate Democrat attacks its latest ad featuring a cancer survivor as sickening - TheBlaze - March 24th, 2020
- Gun dealers are not considered an essential business, and theyre not happy about it - NJ.com - March 24th, 2020
- Taking time to think | News, Sports, Jobs - Marquette Mining Journal - March 24th, 2020
- A new Super PAC wants to raise $1 million to re-elect Rep. Collin Peterson. It's already halfway there - MinnPost - March 24th, 2020
- Remaining Democrat Candidates All Oppose the Second Amendment - America's 1st Freedom - March 5th, 2020
- The Mysterious Meaning of the Second Amendment - The Atlantic - March 5th, 2020
- When Protestors Carry Guns, Does It Impede Others Free Speech? - The Trace - March 5th, 2020
- James Woods Blasts Schumer: 'The Founding Fathers Wrote The Second Amendment For Violent Haters Like Chuck Schumer' - The Daily Wire - March 5th, 2020
- Companies Second Amendment Bill 2019 To Enable Listing Of Indian Companies On Exchanges In Foreign Jurisdictions - Business Standard - March 5th, 2020
- Debate is Over Concerning This Part of the Second Amendment? - Townhall - March 5th, 2020
- Enzi introduces amendments to encourage production of rare earth elements - Wyoming Tribune - March 5th, 2020
- Washington Borough Council should take a stand on our Second Amendment rights | Letter - lehighvalleylive.com - February 27th, 2020
- Nebraska Governor Ricketts Openly Supports Second Amendment and Open Carry - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - February 27th, 2020