U.S.A. -(Ammoland.com)- Grassroots Second Amendment activists from across the country are being urged to attend a 2nd Amendment Rally on Saturday, Nov. 2 at the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., where they hope to deliver a message that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Now is the time for activists to make plans, as the rally is a mere six weeks away. It is being dubbed as a rally for the Second on the 2nd.
As explained by activist Rob Pincus, director of media relations for Save the Second, during an interview with the Right of the People podcast from the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Phoenix, Weve got a big election coming up next year. We need to remind the nation, we need to remind ourselves that we are the Second Amendment lobby and thats why the 2nd Amendment rally is important.
Pincus pointed to the rallys website for details. There is also a Facebook page where people can learn details as they emerge. He said there is no sponsorship for this event and no single organization. Funding is provided by people who care about the Second Amendment.
What has sunk in over the past few months is that far too many people are willing to write a checkand say okay, Ive done my part, and then move on, Pincus lamented.
According to the rally website, The Second Amendment Rally is a grassroots event, organized and funded by grassroots activists, open to all supporters of the Constitution and lovers of liberty.
If you own a gun, Pincus said during the podcast interview, you are the gun lobby.
The rally is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. and run for three hours.
Just how many will appear would be speculation at this point, but Pincus suggested that organizers are hoping for several thousand rights activists to attend.
Maybe having 10,000 people, 15,000 people standing on the capitol steps, on the capitol grounds, listening to some of the most active leaders the most active advocates inside the Second Amendment community for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon, he observed, I think that will be an opportunity for everybody to remember that we are the gun lobby. We are the ones who exercise these rights. We are the ones who benefit from these rights.
Pincus was one of 91 speakers who appeared at the 34th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference over the past weekend. As Ammoland News reported earlier, this years event was the biggest in the conferences history. More than 1,100 people pre-registered and it appears many if not most of them showed up for at least part of the event. In addition, according to Alan Gottlieb, founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, the two-day event was viewed by more than 100,000 people as it was live-streamed on the SAF Facebook page.
In the past, gun rights activists have been a lethargic bunch, but this time around things are different. The Second Amendment has been under attack as never before, in part by anti-gunners exploiting mass shooting incidents to push bans on so-called semiautomatic assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, along with registration and one-gun-a-month schemes. Also on the gun control agenda are safe storage mandates, mandatory training requirements, expansion of so-called red flag laws and other restrictions suggesting that proponents are trying to turn Second Amendment-protected rights into government regulated privileges.
What also makes this year different for grassroots activism was the heat-of-the-moment candor by Democrat presidential candidate Robert Francis Beto ORourke during the recent debate. His declaration, Hell, yes were going to take your AR15, your AK47 finally erased any doubt that anti-gunners intend to disarm law-abiding American citizens.
Most noteworthy about the remark was the silence from all the other candidates on the stage, suggesting they all quietly concur with ORourkes threat. His comment was mentioned or alluded to repeatedly during the recent rights conference.
The Second Amendment expressly protects the rights of the individual, Pincus stated. The individual needs to get involved and the Second Amendment rally is an opportunity to do that.
About Dave Workman
Dave Workman is a senior editor atTheGunMag.comand Liberty Park Press,author of multiple bookson the Right to Keep & Bear Arms and formerly an NRA-certified firearms instructor.
- SCOTUS Is Hearing Its First Big Gun Case in 9 Years. Heres How It Might Play Out. - The Trace - November 27th, 2019
- The Supreme Court Shouldn't Disrupt the Judicial Consensus on the Second Amendment - brennancenter.org - November 27th, 2019
- Collin County Passes Resolution Supporting the Second Amendment - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth - November 27th, 2019
- Hundreds of residents turn out to support 'Second Amendment Sanctuary' in Bedford County - Lynchburg News and Advance - November 27th, 2019
- Williams: The "Second Amendment Sanctuary" movement is a sham. But more local control is a good idea. - Richmond.com - November 27th, 2019
- Fannin County joins other Texas counties as Second Amendment sanctuary movement - KXII-TV - November 27th, 2019
- "Meet Me in the Middle" Podcast on the Second Amendment - Reason - November 27th, 2019
- Former Brady Campaign President Dan Gross, Stands with Second Amendment Supporters - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - November 27th, 2019
- 19 States Now Have Counties with Second Amendment Sanctuaries in Place - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - November 27th, 2019
- LETTERS: City driving habits are awful; impact of the Second Amendment - Colorado Springs Gazette - November 27th, 2019
- Readers sound off on ad hominem attacks, the Second Amendment, and Mutts (again) - New York Daily News - November 27th, 2019
- Augusta County Board of Supervisors schedules special meeting to discuss second amendment sanctuary - WHSV - November 27th, 2019
- Florence County becomes first Second Amendment Sanctuary County in Wisconsin - UpperMichigansSource.com - November 17th, 2019
- Self-proclaimed Second Amendment auditor bonds out of jail after judge refuses bond reduction - KFOR Oklahoma City - November 17th, 2019
- Florida county is first in the state to become a 'Second Amendment Sanctuary' - Yahoo News - November 17th, 2019
- Original intent and the Second Amendment - Post Register - November 17th, 2019
- Kaufman, Palo Pinto, and Stephens Counties Become Second Amendment Sanctuaries - The Texan - November 17th, 2019
- Readers sound off on New York Health Act, the Second Amendment and the Mets - New York Daily News - November 17th, 2019
- Speaking at the House of Amazon, Joe Biden gently raises companys role in middle-class job losses - Seattle Times - November 17th, 2019
- Opinion/Letter: 2nd Amendment was all about militia - The Daily Progress - October 27th, 2019
- Go Plinking. The Second Amendment Depends On It. - Shooting Illustrated - October 27th, 2019
- Former NC Justice Orr to speak on 2nd Amendment - BlueRidgeNow.com - October 27th, 2019
- Letter to the Editor | Second Amendment is under attack - Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette - October 27th, 2019
- Opinion: What the gun lobby gets wrong about the Second Amendment - Middletown Press - October 27th, 2019
- Chatting With The Speakers Of The 2nd Amendment Rally - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - October 27th, 2019
- Jefferson and Sevier Counties added to the list of Tennessee 'gun sanctuaries' - WBIR.com - October 27th, 2019
- Don't Judge Me: Why We Need the Second Amendment - The Beacon - October 27th, 2019
- RICAGV: Tiverton voters recall town councilors who championed 'second amendment sanctuary' resolution - Uprise RI - October 27th, 2019
- As election nears, candidates in Lynchburg-area delegate contests offer competing messages on gun reform - Lynchburg News and Advance - October 27th, 2019
- What's standing in the way of new gun restrictions in Texas? Here are the key players - Times Record News - October 27th, 2019
- UK Terror Serves as a Warning to United States: Protect The 2nd Amendment! - Newstalk1290 - October 27th, 2019
- Van Ens: Hit the Second Amendment's bull's-eye - Vail Daily News - October 20th, 2019
- Why Don't People and Vogue Celebrate the Second Amendment? - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - October 20th, 2019
- Gun advocates seek 'friend' to take over Fish and Game - The Union Leader - October 20th, 2019
- 2020 Dem candidate opposes mandatory gun buybacks not because of the 2nd Amendment, but because of police brutality - TheBlaze - October 20th, 2019
- Sturbridge gun rights advocate is Blogger of the Year - Worcester Telegram - October 20th, 2019
- The art of the boast: Trump's a master - Star Tribune - October 20th, 2019
- Marianne Preger-Simon: Why is half of the Second Amendment ignored? - GazetteNET - October 16th, 2019
- Opinion: What the gun lobby gets wrong about the 2nd Amendment - Los Angeles Times - October 16th, 2019
- CEO talks second amendment freedom - The Branding Iron - October 16th, 2019
- Weiser: Sheriffs Will Enforce Red Flag Orders When Faced With Reality Of Dangerous People - Colorado Public Radio - October 16th, 2019
- Sheriff Leads Charge for Hood County to Become Fifth 'Second Amendment Sanctuary' in Texas - The Texan - October 16th, 2019
- Attend the 2nd Amendment Rally: November 2, 2019 - NOQ Report - October 16th, 2019
- Grassroots Spotlight: NRA-ILA Fighting the Bloomberg Money In Virginia 2019 Elections - NRA ILA - October 16th, 2019
- Supreme Court gun case: the biggest Second Amendment case in years - Vox.com - September 29th, 2019
- Opinion/Letter: 'Militia' key to 2nd Amendment - The Daily Progress - September 29th, 2019
- Gregory L. Schmidt: The true meaning and purpose of the Second Amendment - Madison.com - September 29th, 2019
- The second amendment was about national security - Herald Review - September 29th, 2019
- 'Federalist Papers' explain the Second Amendment | News, Sports, Jobs - Maui News - September 29th, 2019
- What's At Stake In The Guns Case At The Supreme Court? - KCUR - September 29th, 2019
- Q&A of the Day Supreme Court's ruling regarding the 2nd Amendment - On Air With Ryan Seacrest - September 29th, 2019
- Letter to the Editor: Rebuttal to letter about the Second Amendment - Northern Virginia Daily - September 29th, 2019
- Join Us for the 2019 NRA-ILA Firearms Law & The Second Amendment Symposium Next Saturday October 5th - NRA ILA - September 29th, 2019
- Breyer: Second Amendment Not About 'the Right of an Individual to Keep a Gun Next to His Bed' - PJ Media - August 25th, 2017
- D.C. attorney general wants federal judges to look at city's strict gun ... - Washington Post - August 25th, 2017
- 'The Gun Guy': Radio host Guy Relford defends 2nd amendment from Carmel office - Current in Carmel - August 22nd, 2017
- After Charlottesville, the First and Second Amendments Are Under Fire - National Review - August 20th, 2017
- ACLU Refuses to Defend Protesters Exercising First and Second Amendments Together - Breitbart News - August 20th, 2017
- Second Amendment | Wyoming County Free Press - Wyoming County Free Press - August 18th, 2017
- Ban the Open Carry of Firearms - New York Times - August 18th, 2017
- Armed private militias like Charlottesville's offend the Founding Fathers' intent: This is not what the Second ... - New York Daily News - August 16th, 2017
- Collins says his bill would restore New Yorkers' Second Amendment rights - Wyoming County Free Press - August 16th, 2017
- The Guns Won - Slate Magazine - August 15th, 2017
- State faces lawsuit over guns in foster homes - WSYM-TV - August 15th, 2017
- Commentary: The dangerous new threat to gun ownership: 'Gun Violence Taxes' - Elko Daily Free Press - August 15th, 2017
- Second Amendment Author and Attorney Documents Lethal Government Actions - AmmoLand Shooting Sports News - August 13th, 2017
- Collins: My bill would restore New Yorkers' 2nd Amendment rights - Lockport Union-Sun & Journal - August 13th, 2017
- Foster Families Torn Apart By Anti-Second Amendment Regulations - America's 1st Freedom (press release) (blog) - August 11th, 2017
- Gun Control: How To Solve The Second Amendment - Mintpress News (blog) - August 9th, 2017
- Shock: Gun Control Icon Defends Second Amendment Rights of Grandparents Targeted in Michigan - Breitbart News - August 9th, 2017
- Second Amendment insight - Winona Post - August 8th, 2017
- NRA-ILA | Second Amendment Guarantee Act Would Protect ... - NRA ILA - August 8th, 2017
- 2nd Amendment Foundation Issues Travel Advisory: Your Gun Rights Are No Good in California - Breitbart News - August 8th, 2017
- D.C.'s concealed-carry regulations just suffered a shot across the ... - Washington Post - August 6th, 2017
- U.S. Senate Candidate Pulls Out Gun at GOP Meeting to Prove He Is ... - Breitbart News - August 6th, 2017
- Smart guns and SAGA. The Second Amendment fight drags on - Hot Air - August 6th, 2017
- What happens when a Texas 2nd Amendment woman meets New York City? - SOFREP (press release) (subscription) - August 6th, 2017
- The Second Amendment Has Won (Again) In Washington. So Why ... - Fox News - August 5th, 2017
- The Second Amendment Won in Washington; Why Won't the Supreme Court Enforce It? - Patriot Post - August 4th, 2017
- Historic Battle of Athens Shows Importance of Second Amendment - Newsmax - August 4th, 2017