In February, it was heartening to see that the industry is reaching outto partners outside the fashion realm to make more sustainable products orto simply tackle social and environmental problems together. Even recentfashion weeks and other industry events were used to push the sustainablefashion agenda. FashionUnited has put together 26 such efforts that wereannounced in February 2020 alone.
Alt Mat, Block Texx, Descatuk, Indra Water, Infinichains, JSP, PurFi,Sasmira and Textile Genesis are the nine start-ups selected for Fashion forGoods first innovation programme focused on South Asia, which will takethem on a nine-month journey including mentoring, coaching and support fromFashion for Good and its partners. Additionally, the start-ups will receivesupport from Indian manufacturers Arvind and Welspun to test the viabilityof their ideas to make the fashion industry more sustainable.
Swedish outdoor heritage brand Tretorn is teaming up with charity SeaLife Trust for 2020 to launch a special collection to conserve the planetsendangered sea life. The Tretorn x Sea Life Trust collection is part of thebrands spring/summer 2020 Eco Essentials, an initiative launched in 2016that reinvents its classic jackets and footwear into fully sustainableproducts.
British luxury lobby group Walpole said 40 members have becomesignatories to its Sustainability Manifesto. Earlier this year, Walpolelaunched the British Luxury Sustainability Manifesto a commitment tohelping the British luxury sector become the global leader insustainability with a focus on four key pillars. The pillars includetackling plastic packaging and circularity initiatives to extend productlife and waste reduction to safeguard the environment, addressing carbonemissions, renewable energy usage, water consumptions and discharge ofchemicals.
London-born heritage brand Hi-Tec Sports is putting sustainability firstin a new capsule collection in collaborating with Sealand Gear, the SouthAfrican-based upcycle and ecocycle brand renowned for its environmentallyand socially responsible products and accessories. The collection featuresan environmentally conscious limited-edition release of Hi-Tecs iconicSierra Re:Flex trail shoe, which marks Sealands footwear debut.
German multinational corporation Puma has teamed up with First Mile tolaunch a co-created sportswear collection made from recycled plastic, whichgoes beyond recycling as it also rooted in social impact and humanconnection. The co-branded collection has been designed to help consumersperform their best during any workout and features shoes and apparelincluding T-shirts, shorts, jackets and leggings, which have been made fromrecycled yarn that is manufactured from plastic bottles collected in theFirst Mile people-focused network in Taiwan, Honduras, and Haiti.
German e-commerce company Zalando announced that its private label Zignis now fully dedicated to sustainability, with all its new productscontaining 50 percent more sustainable materials or at least 20 percentrecycled content. All products in its SS20 collection are manufactured inthe top 50 percent of Zalandos supply base when it comes to socialperformance, according to the company. The brand said it also requiresthese factories to submit environmental data to the Higg Index to allow itto monitor and improve its performance in areas such as greenhouse gasemissions, water use and waste.
French brand Szane, the countrys first online-only label, hasreimagined its denim line to be completely eco-friendly, just three yearsafter launching its first-ever denim collection. The new eco-friendly denimrange, called Szane (R)evolutions, has completely overhauled itsproduction process at every step to create the sustainable collection,where 85 percent of materials used are from natural origins.
American denim brand Wrangler has launched a sustainable cotton programin Europe that will see the brand collaborating with farmers to promotesustainable agriculture production. This program builds upon an existinginitiative that the Kontoor Brands-owned company had previously launched inthe United States.
Swedish retail giant H&M Group has said it is to become the firstretailer to use Circulose, a newly patented material made from discardedtextiles, in a dress in its upcoming Conscious Exclusive collection -marking the first time chemically recycled fibres are used in garments soldat scale.
Swedish fashion brand Gant has announced it is bolstering itssustainable credentials with a number of new environmental targets, thelaunch of a rental service, and The 7 Rules by Gant - an initiative toeducate consumers on how to better care for their clothes. For 2020, nearly80 percent of its collection will be sustainably sourced. Additionaltargets include using 100 percent sustainably sourced cotton by 2022;reducing water use in manufacturing by 50 percent by 2025; using 100percent sustainably sourced key materials by 2025; and reducing its climatefootprint by 30 percent throughout all operations by 2030.
English fashion accessories designer Anya Hindmarch has once againforegone a catwalk show or a presentation for London Fashion Week in favourof something a little more experimental, and this time launched the 'I Am APlastic Bag collection and filled up her London stores with plasticbottles to make a statement on waste. The I Am A Plastic Bag is made froman innovative new fabric created from recycled plastic bottles and coatedwith recycled plastic windshields.
American footwear brand Teva is working to keep plastic out oflandfills. Going forward, 100 percent of the polyester straps used in Tevafootwear will be made from recycled materials. The footwear brand haslaunched a new sustainable initiative to reduce its impact on theenvironment.
Burberry has doubled down on its sustainability efforts and announcedthe launch of a new 'carbon insetting' project which was marked by acarbon-neutral AW20 runway show. In a push to reduce its carbon footprint,the label said it hosted its AW20 runway show in a certified sustainablevenue and prioritised electric vehicles and avoided air freight. Anyremaining carbon emissions from the show will be offset through a savannafire management project which aims to reduce the risk of wildfires thathave been ravaging Australia in recent months. Instead of gifting theevents guests, the brand also opted to collaborate with PUR Projet andtheir local partner to plant trees in Australia on guests behalf.
British heritage brand Mulberry used its London Fashion Weekpresentation to highlight its Made to Last initiative inspired by thebrands responsibility commitments to the past, present and future withan immersive installation that brought the brands craft and design ethosto life. Set within the brands Bond Street store, the three-day programmefeatured live music, exclusive events, craft workshops, a pop-up caf, aswell as the brands new M Collection, a capsule of bags and outerwearcrafted from a blend of Econyl regenerated nylon and sustainable cotton.
Amy Molyneaux rejoined the London Fashion Week schedule to showcase hernew collaboration with Frankie Phillips, creative director of sustainable,affordable fashion brand, ToBeFrank. The new label, ToBeFrank x Molyneauxhas sustainability at the core, with a collection that is 90 percentsustainable, using no virgin materials, and was born out of both creativedirectors wanting to prove that consumer dont have to compromise style tosave the earth.
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has launched new guidelines toensure that vegan fashion items really are 100 percent free of animalproducts. The Voluntary Guideline on Veganism in Fashion sets out a numberof questions retailers should ask themselves before labelling something asvegan. The BRC said companies should not only cut out the use of leather,wool and natural silk in vegan products, but they ensure that no animalproducts are used in other components such as glues, dyes, andchemicals.
Creative agency Superimpose has launched a new educational programmewith a focus on sustainability for aspiring creative talent in partnershipwith University of the Arts London: London College of Fashion. Itsnon-commercial creative platform Services Unknown is looking to pioneer anew educational format by switching up the creative curriculum with itsweek-long crash courses aimed at inspiring the next generation of creativechange-makers.
Environmental charity Redress and TV director Lindsay Robertson haveteamed up to launch the fourth season of Frontline Fashion, anaward-winning YouTube docu-series following emerging fashion designers asthey tackle one of the industrys biggest issues: waste. Set in Hong Kong,a hotbed for Asias ever-growing fashion industry, the five-episode seriestracks the 10 finalists of the Redress Design Award in the days leading upto the grand finale of the sustainable fashion competition.
The rest is here:
- London Gateway is now the UK port of call for two new major international shipping services - Fleet Transport - February 22nd, 2021
- Covid-19: Thailand implements 'seal and bubble' strategy to curb transmission in factories - The Edge Markets MY - February 8th, 2021
- Former Navy SEAL commander says Putin has outplayed the US and Russia is the greatest external security threat - We Are The Mighty - February 8th, 2021
- Remembering David Washbrook, and His Historical Insights on Class Relations in South Asia - The Wire - February 8th, 2021
- Native American mascots under spotlight as Massachusetts bill proposes eliminating their use in public schools - MassLive.com - February 8th, 2021
- I Bought a Reiki-Charged Candle Based on a Tarot Card Readingand You Can Too - HouseBeautiful.com - February 8th, 2021
- 6 Important Spring Cleaning Tips That Are Often Forgotten - The Apopka Voice - February 8th, 2021
- Gerresheimer Triveni receives award for its active customer management from the Indian industry association CII - Pharmaceutical Business review -... - February 8th, 2021
- Nations first Navy SEAL and local native passes away - WTAJ - www.wearecentralpa.com - January 31st, 2021
- ReCAAP ISC issues incident alert on incidents against ships in the eastbound lane of Singapore Strait - American Journal of Transportation - January 31st, 2021
- I woke up at 4:30 a.m. for a week like a Navy SEAL and it made me more productive - Yahoo News - January 31st, 2021
- Connah's Quay councillor moved to tears after community rallies once again to help those in need - LeaderLive - January 31st, 2021
- Ironton scrapes by Panthers | Sports - Huntington Herald Dispatch - January 31st, 2021
- Cocktail of the week: The Connaught Bar's Good Fellas - recipe | The good mixer - The Guardian - January 31st, 2021
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund (RRF) - Emergency Assistance to people affected by the West Sulawesi Earthquake (26 January 2021) - Indonesia -... - January 31st, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Teflon O-Rings Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | Sterling Seal and Supply, Polymax,... - January 31st, 2021
- League of Women Voters of Evanston Considers the Office of City Clerk - Evanston RoundTable - January 31st, 2021
- Sealand firing times 4 to 22 January 2021 - GOV.UK - GOV.UK - January 13th, 2021
- Global Agriculture Equipment Assembly Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Agrabase, Rockwell Automation, Fairlawn Tool, Herker Industries,... - January 13th, 2021
- Winter visitors: Seals popping up on beaches along the Outer Banks - OBXToday.com - January 9th, 2021
- Kent from the skies in the 1970s and 80s - Kent Online - January 9th, 2021
- Maersk completes brand integration - Fruitnet - January 5th, 2021
- The day Wrexham FC were Palace party-poopers and hit Charlton Athletic for six - LeaderLive - January 5th, 2021
- Will Self on being ennobled in the New Year's honours list - The New European - January 3rd, 2021
- Who Are Seal And Heidi Klum's Four Kids? | TheThings - TheThings - December 10th, 2020
- In the wake of rebrand controversy, Fletcher must learn to value community opinions - Tufts Daily - December 10th, 2020
- Bad Sex in Fiction Award Is Canceled, as 2020 Was Bad Enough - The New York Times - December 10th, 2020
- Spire Recovery Solutions Proudly Supports Fallen Military Heroes and Their Families - insideARM.com - December 10th, 2020
- Giving Powered by Matching Gifts - West Liberty University News & Media Relations - December 10th, 2020
- Great white shark attacks seal and leaves half-eaten carcass floating in harbour - Daily Star - December 10th, 2020
- Boston Celtics: The Daniel Theis and Tristan Thompson debate - Hoops Habit - December 10th, 2020
- Skip Alston Named Chairman Of The Board A Sixth Time - The Rhino TImes - December 10th, 2020
- LaRose issues statement on House passage of HB 473 - The Highland County Press - December 10th, 2020
- MOL vessel GAS AGILITY Undergoes LNG Bunkering to the world's largest LNG fueled container vessel - American Journal of Transportation - November 22nd, 2020
- The Navy is offering bonuses up to $125,000 to keep SEAL officers in uniform - Business Insider - Business Insider - November 22nd, 2020
- Veterans Day Observed with Caution in Great Falls - Virginia Connection Newspapers - November 22nd, 2020
- The spirits of Christmas: drinkable homemade gifts recipes - The Guardian - November 22nd, 2020
- Shipping industry welcomes IMO decision to give further consideration to USD 5 billion fund to accelerate decarbonization - American Journal of... - November 22nd, 2020
- Castor Oil for Hair: The Pros and Cons, According to Experts - MarieClaire.com - November 22nd, 2020
- At-home medication disposal to address rise in overdoses - Gainesville Sun - November 22nd, 2020
- Innovative retail concept Egg to launch in SA this November - Bizcommunity.com - November 17th, 2020
- JPG on board as Airfields progresses - Place North West - November 17th, 2020
- Sealand firing times 26 October to 13 November 2020 (Updated 26 October 2020) - GOV.UK - October 27th, 2020
- Going green grows jobs and cuts pollution - IOL - October 27th, 2020
- Another link in the chain - UNC Chapell Hill - October 9th, 2020
- Global and Asia Pacific Myristyl Alcohol (CAS 112 72 1) Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2027 Best Companies included in report KLK OLEO, KAO... - October 9th, 2020
- Fighting hunger with the Million Meal Movement - WISHTV.com - October 9th, 2020
- Diving into the history of the Marlborough Sounds reveals a much-changed seascape - Stuff.co.nz - October 9th, 2020
- Hundreds break covid rules to watch 'illegal street race' over the border - North Wales Live - September 18th, 2020
- Third attempt to build 150 homes on Chester flood risk area branded 'nonsense' - Cheshire Live - September 18th, 2020
- The full list of North Wales schools which have reported coronavirus cases - North Wales Live - September 18th, 2020
- Do you remember these golden goals? Welsh stars who have scored real belters - LeaderLive - June 20th, 2020
- Heres Why Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Must Use Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - March 24th, 2020
- Man who went to see son play in band caught drink-driving on way home - LeaderLive - March 24th, 2020
- Man stabbed 56 times tells court his friend attacked him on night he's 'living over and over' - North Wales Live - March 5th, 2020
- Meet the kind-hearted truck driver who has helped feed Wrexham's homeless every week for years - LeaderLive - March 5th, 2020
- Meet the sponsor: Sealand Pacific Seafood Trading - Caterer Middle East - March 2nd, 2020
- Reporter takes to the skies: Qualicum Beach flight school now up and running - vancouverislandfreedaily.com - March 2nd, 2020
- Photographer from Deeside on 'cloud nine' with accolade - LeaderLive - February 27th, 2020
- China firms in $10 billion share sale rush as funding rules eased amid virus worries - Reuters - February 27th, 2020
- The Lunar New Year's most talked-about watches - High Horology Journal - February 27th, 2020
- Christmas saved in Sealand as Santa will be coming to the town - LeaderLive - November 30th, 2019
- Rare images of Chester FC's Sealand Road home after it's closure in 1990 - Cheshire Live - October 31st, 2019
- Major police incident on Sealand Road as Texaco garage was shut off to public - Cheshire Live - October 27th, 2019
- Sealand Capital Galaxy (LON:SCGL) Will Have To Spend Its Cash Wisely - Simply Wall St - October 27th, 2019
- Bloodied stab victim collapsed on Texaco garage floor while the other 'bought beer and energy drinks' - Daily Post - October 27th, 2019
- Moshe Oved silver ring, rare British petrol pump globe and William Gladstone's grandfather clock six auction highlights that caught bidders' eyes in... - October 27th, 2019
- Appeal launched over refusal of plans to store cars and caravans on green barrier land in Sealand - Deeside.com - October 20th, 2019
- Coleg Cambria volunteers clean-up streets and rivers of Deeside for community event - Wales247 - October 20th, 2019
- Land and whole farms launched as supply improves in Wales - FarmersWeekly - August 18th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - The Chester Standard - August 16th, 2017
- Almost 800 drivers caught by new boundary road speed camera in three months - LeaderLive - August 14th, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SLNR) Files An 8-K Other Events - Market Exclusive - August 13th, 2017
- What You Must Know About Sealand Capital Galaxy Limited's (LSE:SCGL) Major Investors - Simply Wall St - August 10th, 2017
- Sealand Capital Galaxy Ltd (SCGL) Is Yet to See Trading Action on Aug 9 - Herald KS - August 9th, 2017
- Chester floodplain housing scheme unanimously rejected - ChesterChronicle.co.uk - August 5th, 2017
- sealand | eBay - August 3rd, 2017
- Chaiken Money Flow For Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Above Zero - Stock Rover - August 3rd, 2017
- Zeroing in on Yesterday's High: Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) - Nelson Research - August 3rd, 2017
- Sealand Natural Resources Inc (SLNR) Mesa Moving Average Climbs Above FAMA - JCTY News - August 2nd, 2017