10 items in this article 2 items on sale!
Photo: Courtesy of the vendors
We write about hundreds of products a week. Here, in our version of the Sunday circular, weve plucked out some of our favorites expert-recommendedessentials,life-changing stuffyou didnt know you needed, newly-launched gizmos, and thevery good dealswe uncovered while trolling through the vast online-shopping universe this past week.
As we wrote last week, one upside to our newfound downtime in this period of social distancing is that we all have more time to read. To help you (and ourselves) find new books to distract us from the 24-hour news cycle, we turned to the staff at one of our favorite local stores, McNally Jackson (which set up a fund to support its employees living costs after temporarily shuttering its locations due to the viral pandemic). This pick comes from shop owner Sarah McNally herself: This novella takes place over a week in Northumberland and is narrated by a 17-year-old girl. Her family joins a professor and three students to live off the land in a rough approximation of the Britons of the Iron Age. The tension builds, undercurrents of abuse rise ever closer to the surface. Its a little funny and very sad, and it transports the reader to the British bogs and beaches and to the life of hunting and gathering.
Another of our favorite distractions for these (and any other) days is a good puzzle, so we recently polled some cool people about the ones theyre putting together right now. This Areaware one came recommended by Books Are Magic bookseller and puzzle obsessive Margaret Myers, who does note that its calming-to-look-at ombr design makes it more challenging (but with time to kill, that may not be a bad thing). Theyre very hard and fun, she says, as well as framable (when complete), we think.
For many of us, the reality of working from home means working from the home you also live in with roommates, a situation that Strategist intern Kayla Levy is quite familiar with (she has four). From her guide to working from home with roommates (for which Levy spoke to other folks who have set-ups similar to hers) comes this month-at-a-glance schedule notebook from Muji, which crises-services worker Lena Beckett and her two other roommates use to coordinate chores because they need to happen much more frequently now.
Last week, columnist Chris Black and his friends behind Instagrams timely new account @WFHFits directed readers to several work-appropriate outfits for when your office might also be your couch. One such outfit, according to the @WFHFits braintrust, is a matching tracksuit by Adidas comfort and chic for you are the highest priorities. For more comfy-chic options, check out our staffers odes to their favorite work-from-home Shiv Roy pants, leggings, and tank tops (that double as yoga tops).
The reality is, most of us dont normally wash our hands this frequently and even if you dont suffer from eczema or psoriasis like I do, this level of cleanliness can be pretty irritating on the skin, our columnist says about one often-painful reality of proper personal hygiene. Following a deep dive into one of Reddits eczema forums, I decided on bottle of Gold Bonds $4 Eczema Relief Cream, she writes. After two days of consistent use (I put it on two to three times a day), dry patches were completely gone. I attribute this to the creams formula: It is comprised of oatmeal (which calms the skin and prevents itchiness), aloe vera (for soothing and hydrating), and vitamin E (which helps build the skins protective barrier and lock in moisture).
In a recent Micro Sale, we noted that this durable skillet from one of our favorite heritage cookware brands will come in handy for all the home cooking ahead. And, like the other Le Creuset pots and pans we (and our parents) own, if properly cared for, it will remain a workhorse in your kitchen for decades of happier times to come.
If being cooped up is taking a toll on your body, stretching can be a simple way to alleviate that. In talking to experts about the best tools you can use to become more flexible, many recommend prepping your muscles with a foam roller. One thing that massage-type tools can do relatively easily is improve the circulation of blood to the muscles, says Alain Saint-Dic, the head of training and development at Stretch Relief. This helps to get them warm, often leading to an overall better stretch. While the pros told us about less expensive foam rollers, we think this one recommended by Stretch*d co-founder and COO Vanessa Chu is particularly suited for stretching at home, because it collapses down for easy storage.
Youre probably thinking about stocking up on board games right now (among other things), begins contributor Rachel Daviess ode to these nifty, space-saving games. At first glance, they appear to be smart hardback classics you might see in an old library. But when you open the cover, youll find a nostalgic board game hidden neatly in there. She adds that, the clever design makes for easy storage, and that unlike the Candy Lands and Monopolys I grew up with, these versions are thoughtfully designed and beautifully illustrated, making the experience feel less like Im babysitting a preschooler and more like Im playing a parlor game with my very elegant friends.
While many of us might not want to peer at what the future may hold, those who do should consider this beautiful, not-so-useful object that you will treasure, according to writer Amanda Fortini, who recommended this tarot deck based on Salvador Dals tarot cards commissioned for the James Bond film Live and Let Die for our list of the best 40th birthday gifts. She calls them equal parts trippy and spooky, adding that they come in a purple felt box youll want to leave out on display. (Currently available for pre-order, the cards will ship in April 2020, according to Taschen.)
There is something about reading prop stylist Stephanie Yehs ode to her trusty tool (and toiletry) pouch that reminded us of the normal lives we may have temporarily lost, but, we hope, will return soon enough. Prop stylists are required to completely transform the ordinary into the spectacular to create a mermaid tail out of everyday objects, say, or build gravity-defying stacks of cosmetics. Which is where the Klein bags come in handy. They have a wide, 12.5-inch opening that can fit most anything we need, she told us, noting that, in addition to tools, sometimes, those things are extra pairs of socks, lip balms, or hand sanitizer.
Actually good deals, smart shopping advice, and exclusive discounts.
The Strategist is designed to surface the most useful, expert recommendations for things to buy across the vast e-commerce landscape. Some of our latest conquests include the best acne treatments, rolling luggage, pillows for side sleepers, natural anxiety remedies, and bath towels. We update links when possible, but note that deals can expire and all prices are subject to change.
Originally posted here:
10 Products That Delighted Us Last Week: From Track Suits to Tarot Decks - New York Magazine
- What To Know About CBD And Eczema - The Fresh Toast - June 17th, 2020
- Eczema rash: The warning sign your skin condition has developed an infection - Express - June 17th, 2020
- Eczema cream: Dermatologists reveal the top three emollients to relieve itchy, sore skin - Express.co.uk - June 17th, 2020
- Atopic Eczema Treatment Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 17th, 2020
- All about inflammation - Harvard Health - Harvard Health - June 17th, 2020
- Get rid of skin diseases with Swami Ramdev's yoga asanas, pranayamas and home remedies - India TV News - June 17th, 2020
- Elizabeth Gilbert had 18 months with the love of her life. Here's what she knows about grief. - Mamamia - June 17th, 2020
- Skincare science and the microbiome - Nutritional Outlook - June 17th, 2020
- COVID 19 Prevention: The Good, The Bad and The Other. - Adventist News Network - June 17th, 2020
- Is Multi-Moisturizing the New Multi-Masking? All Signs Point to Yes - Well+Good - June 17th, 2020
- 3 ways to get rid of eczema and prevent flare ups - Insider - INSIDER - June 6th, 2020
- Binghamton biomedical researchers get closer to why eczema happens - Binghamton University - June 6th, 2020
- Eczema treatment - the 1 natural oil to protect against dry and itchy skin at home - Express - June 6th, 2020
- Acupuncture For Fertility And TCM Improve Chances Of Conception And Pregnancy And Mitigates Side Effects Of IVF Treatment - Press Release - Digital... - June 6th, 2020
- 6 types of eczema: Symptoms and causes - May 25th, 2020
- Eczema rash: The one surprising irritant you may be wearing - Express - May 25th, 2020
- Eczema treatment: The best oil to prevent dry skin - and you've probably got it at home - Express.co.uk - May 25th, 2020
- Happy Hands, Part 2: Best Hand Creams In The House And On The Road - Forbes - May 25th, 2020
- Preventing Coronavirus Exposure When You Have Psoriasis and Eczema - Everyday Health - April 9th, 2020
- Natural Moisturizers That Will Soothe Dry Skin From All Your Hand Washing - HuffPost Canada - April 9th, 2020
- Here's Why Regenerons Stock Is Worth More Than Its Coronavirus Work - Motley Fool - April 9th, 2020
- 1 protein in the skin kickstarts a pesky itch - Futurity: Research News - April 9th, 2020
- The 9 Best Bath Salts and Soaks of 2020 Reviews - Allure - April 9th, 2020
- Covid-19: Frequent hand-washing, sanitising giving rise to skin problems - New Straits Times Online - April 9th, 2020
- Scientists identify a protein that switches on allergic itching - New Atlas - April 9th, 2020
- Do You Have 'Iso Skin'? Why Your Face Is Freaking Out And How To Fix It - 10 daily - April 9th, 2020
- 5 best skin care products to help with stress, according to Dr. Pimple Popper - TODAY - April 9th, 2020
- Shop a Revolutionary Hand Sanitizer For Sensitive Skin - DuJour - dujour.com - April 9th, 2020
- Eczema, dermatitis and how to treat dry, flaky and itchy skin - ABC News - March 24th, 2020
- Best ways to treat eczema - Daily Monitor - March 24th, 2020
- This $4 Hand Cream Has Allowed Me to Wash My Eczema-Ridden Hands Ten Times a Day - New York Magazine - March 24th, 2020
- Hand-washing over coronavirus has created a dry skin epidemic - what to do - Coventry Telegraph - March 24th, 2020
- Coronavirus: How to properly care for dry hands caused by hand-washing and sanitiser, according to dermatologists - The Independent - March 24th, 2020
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - March 9th, 2020
- Mum says son with eczema was able to have his first bubble bath thanks to new product - Manchester Evening News - March 9th, 2020
- View: Can daily application of an emollient from birth prevent the development of atopic eczema? - Hospital Healthcare Europe - March 9th, 2020
- Heart attack symptoms: The painful skin condition that could increase risk by 50 percent - Express - March 9th, 2020
- 'The best emollient is one the patient uses' - prescribing emollients in primary care - Pulse - March 9th, 2020
- Woman tells of how 17 beauty product massively improved her eczema - RSVP Live - March 9th, 2020
- How to Heal Dry, Cracked Hands From Washing Your Hands So Damn Much - Self - March 9th, 2020
- Eczema sufferer reveals that Dragon's Den product dramatically improved her skin - FM104 - March 9th, 2020
- Dealing with stress: How it affects your skin and what to do about it - Gulf Today - March 9th, 2020
- Love Being Outdoors? Protect Your Skin All Year - Osprey Observer - March 9th, 2020
- How to keep your hands clean without getting dry skin - The Guardian - March 9th, 2020
- Eczema: Definition, Causes, Treatments, and Pictures - February 29th, 2020
- Eczema: Symptoms, treatment, and causes - February 29th, 2020
- 7 Types of Eczema: Symptoms, Causes, and Pictures - February 29th, 2020
- 'Life-changing': Calls for eczema drug to be PBS listed to help with mental health - The Sydney Morning Herald - February 29th, 2020
- Daily moisturizers ineffective in preventing Eczema - Medical Herald - February 29th, 2020
- How stress affects your skin and what to do about it, according to experts - The Independent - February 29th, 2020
- Are You Getting Any? I Used To Think Casual Sex Was Shameful Now Its Fun - VICE UK - February 29th, 2020
- Skin allergies - The Nation - January 27th, 2020
- Charlize Theron thought daughter looked like a 'lizard' - The Laconia Daily Sun - January 27th, 2020
- Man tormented by severe eczema took heroin overdose to kill himself - Lancashire Telegraph - January 27th, 2020
- Eczema: Does this unsightly skin condition worsen with age? Experts have their say - Express - January 25th, 2020
- Ease The Symptoms Of Eczema With The Aid Of This Natural Herb - International Business Times - January 25th, 2020
- Best supplements for eczema: This natural herb could help ease symptoms of the condition - Express - January 25th, 2020
- Dry Eyelids: Heres Exactly How to Treat Them, According to Dermatologists - Self - January 25th, 2020
- Eczema treatment: How to exercise without causing a flare-up - four key tips - Express - January 25th, 2020
- Girl with severe eczema told her mum she 'didn't want to look at herself in the mirror' - she's now a model - Manchester Evening News - January 25th, 2020
- Girl, 8, whose eczema is so severe it turns skin purple lands dream job with M&S - Mirror Online - January 25th, 2020
- Dupixent (dupilumab) available to treat adolescents with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in Scotland1 - PharmiWeb.com - January 25th, 2020
- Girl with severe eczema told mum 'I don't want to look at myself in the mirror' - Liverpool Echo - January 25th, 2020
- Charlize Theron recounts the 1st moment she met her daughter - Today.com - January 25th, 2020
- Dupixent (dupilumab), accepted for restricted use within NHS Wales for the treatment of moderate to severe atopic dermatitis in adolescents aged 12 -... - January 25th, 2020
- Im a dermatologist, and these are the mistakes I see people make when treating eczema - Well+Good - January 18th, 2020
- Alitretinoin an Effective Option in Children With Hand Eczema - Dermatology Advisor - January 18th, 2020
- News Local mom and engineer starts soap company inspired by her son with eczema Anu Prakash - WXYZ - January 18th, 2020
- Sheffield study of newborn babies seeks to prevent eczema - The Star - January 18th, 2020
- Putting the Pro in Probiotics | Nutrition and Fitness | iosconews.com - Iosco County News Herald - January 18th, 2020
- Itchy face: Causes, symptoms, and treatment - Medical News Today - January 18th, 2020
- 4 things to know about eczema - WRAL.com - January 18th, 2020
- Bucks students urged to think before they comment on eczema - Mix 96 - January 18th, 2020
- John Turturro On The Future Of HBOs The Night Of TCA - Deadline - January 18th, 2020
- 12 Itchy Skin Treatments That Work, According to Dermatologists - Prevention.com - January 18th, 2020
- The 12 COSRX Products Every Skin-Care Fiend Should Have - New York Magazine - January 18th, 2020
- Global Eczema Therapeutics Market 2020-2024| Evolving Opportunities with AbbVie Inc. and Bayer AG | Technavio - Business Wire - December 17th, 2019
- I started my coffee body scrub business with 450 now its turned over 15m and Maisie Smith is a fan - The Sun - December 17th, 2019
- Common Itching Causes and Fixes, According to Dermatologists - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 17th, 2019
- Kane Biotech Launches Consumer Product Test for an Innovative Shampoo Containing its Patented Anti-Biofilm Technology - GlobeNewswire - December 17th, 2019