The Secrets to Experiencing your Life As a True Spiritual Adventure
By Jafree Ozwald
My first glimpse of what spiritual enlightenment is all about came to me in 1995, visiting a guru in Lucknow India. For 2 weeks I was sitting with a spiritual master named Papaji, who was offering his satsang gatherings to a crowd of 300+ people. I had been meditating religiously for 6+ months prior to this meeting, trying to find peace inside myself with my fathers suicide. I feel this daily meditation practice laid the foundation for the spiritual awakening that was to occur.
The profound silence I experienced for months after this inner explosion was what created the spiritual experience for me. There was no attachment to the mind. No real commentary on anything of this world. It In that moment, the mind literally stopped all analytical thinking and was no longer interested in being hooked into any opinions or judgments about anything.
My ego (self-identity) was obliterated and there was nobody left to judge anything or anyone including myself! There was only a small witness left, an observer of the entire Universal existence. I constantly felt like I was in a state of oneness with everyone and everything.
Thoughts still happened, yet I was no longer behind the steering wheel of them and they were not nearly as intriguing as this peaceful super quiet Presence inside. Everywhere I went was amazing, life was truly heaven on earth without being identified with this me but rather the unified one Being.
I later researched the experience to uncover that it was called a Samadhi experience lasted for the next several weeks to come and became the most amazing life transforming experience of my entire life.
Life has been completely different since that day. I no longer get wrapped up in the suffering that is created by the mind because I know who I am. Yet, the mind is like a wild elephant who often tries to regain control. So I realize even though Ive tasted Samadhi, there is still MUCH more to understand, experience, learn and integrate on a conscious and energetic level. I have my entire life to integrate this experience.
I could not choose, so I surrendered to existence. There was this merging of my mind and the physical reality all around me, and had this very STRONG knowing that I was free to do anything! It was the first time I felt that I had magical manifesting abilities. I remember hearing something my father once said about anything is possible. I felt the future was wide open to something amazing because there was something guiding me. Its amazing how the Universe always knows the bigger picture and has our highest interest in mind.
I find that any being who is fully liberated from all suffering is spiritual life and one could even call them spiritually enilghtened. This person is free from seeking for happiness or satisfaction from the outer world, as they know the only thing that truly satisfies comes from the source within. I dont believe one can actually arrive at any final enlightenment finish line, as long as you are alive there is still room to evolve, grow spiritually and expand in consciousness. The Universe is an infinite playground and there truly is no end to the outer world as well as the inner.
In my experience of the spiritual path, as long as the mind is directed outwards, our energy continues to flow away from our center, our inner peace and stillness, where all real sustainable love, joy and real answers to life are found. Its only when we turn our attention to the source of our sweet calming spiritual essence on the inside, that we introduce the possibility of stopping this eternal egoic searching habit completely.
Ecstasy is our very nature; not to be ecstatic is simply unnecessary. ~ Osho
The reason there are not more spiritually awakened beings on the planet today is because people have forgotten how to relax, trust and enjoy their natural connection to Source. The most important direction we need to turn for answers is inside ourselves. The outer world will captivate us, and invite us to experience all its tantalizing joys and sorrows. Yet, the most radical and enlightening path to liberation is not one that falls prey to being addicted to the outer world for fulfillment, yet discovers it easily and effortlessly within.
The mind is often very blind to the fact that its the incessant searching the causes us not to see. Whenever we are not getting what we want, its because we are in a state of wanting, needing or demanding and not coming from a place of allowing, accepting or receiving. As long as we continue directing our attention only towards the outer world, wanting this and craving that, we will be forced to retreat inside ourselves to reboot. Our bodies are designed to remain in a state of balance and healing naturally.
Its the incessant stressful egoic efforting of the mind and attachment to our egoic desires which causes us to struggle, suffer, and eventually die in pain instead of having a generally calm centered spiritual existence.
If we want to experience enlightenment and fulfilling life, there must be an conscious awareness in each moment of where we are focusing our attention. We must get deeply curious every hour of our lives if we are bathing in the light of our being, fully aligned with our connection to that which brings us the deepest resource of joy, love, peace and bliss.
The spiritual enlightened state contains this healing feeling of a sweet surrender and full acceptance to the grand totality of life. It is in the relaxation into this profound truth that we realize our true infinite spiritual nature, and become super powerful manifesting magnets that effortlessly attract anything and everything our heart desires.
One of the greatest truths Ive found on the path is that this spiritual source of energy (who we actually are) is soooooo huge and all consuming that ultimately it doesnt matter if we get whatever our ego wants or doesnt want. The mind/ego will always be wanting something that it thinks will make us happy, complete or satisfied. There is no absolute completion or ultimate satisfaction to achieve at in life, this is a never ending eternal journey we are on which is spiraling higher and deeper towards total liberation and complete ecstasy.
When we look for spiritual enlightenment with the mind, we will miss it. The desiring mind cannot find it. The mind is what creates the block the enlightened state. The mind creates desires, so that when we DO get whatever our ego wants, we also are getting what we dont want as well. When any big desire is achieved, we always get both.
For example, we meet our dream partner/soul mate and later find out they have an annoying habit that we cannot stand, if we buy our new dream car it also comes with an insanely high monthly insurance rate and costly maintenance fees. If we discipline ourselves with daily exercise and get super strong and fit, we may only later experience becoming super stiff and tight from not integrating calming deep stretching yoga exercises as well. The weekend drinker who loves to party, always forgets about the horrible hangover experience that will painfully consume his/her life the next morning.
There is no single payoff from achieving any desire in this world that does not also have a cost to it. Even if we think weve found our perfect dream life, theres always going to be some perpetual feeling of the gratitude of it all, to keep your mind happy, peaceful and at a vibration that can reach an even better life next year. We all exist in the world of duality, male/female, black/white, daytime/nighttime, the opposites are everywhere we can look.
Spiritual enlightenment is the joyous liberating realization that the ego will always get want it focuses on, and it will never be satisfied enough. It get what it wants, and then wants more. We cannot escape from living in between these two poles that are not fully contradictory, yet rather better understood as complementary of each other. We are the rainbow spectrum in between the black and white extremes of the light.
The spiritually enlightened being is at peace between both extremes. Getting and not getting. There is also total freedom of choice in each moment as to what is wanted to explore and experience. The spiritually enlightened being releases there is a chooser behind it all, who can decide to have the experience of avoiding things, clinging to ideas, or simply relax and let the natural movement of lifes pendulum guide us along the way.
When one is spiritually enlightened, there is a constant appreciation for life just as it is. It doesnt matter if the ego is getting what it wants or does not want anymore. This feeling is one of the most spiritually enlightening and liberating experiences to explore.
When we realize that life is always, always, always going to deliver a win-lose experience with every desire we jump after, we start to relax about the whole game and drop into something deeper inside.
Initially, the first step on this ego-less path can feel like apathy. The mind starts thinking whats the point of life if we always get what we want AND what we dont want, and never ONLY just the goodies. Yet, apathy also will soon fall away when we feel that the nature of desire is pure suffering (not having) and that finding peace with desire is the ultimate goal.
Your essence, your essential unbounded joy, is so huge that it flows in every direction. Nirmala
Desires simply manifest them more easily when we are not attached to them in any way. The ride through life is also much more enjoyable along the way when we know the secret to being at peace with the mind and its incessant desiring seeking habit. When we understand that every single time we achieve a desire we will always get both what we want AND dont want, we stop being so forceful, manipulative, and pushing our will on the world to making things flow OUR way.
When your spiritual enlightenment is integrated, the ego has the power of a shadow. It follows you wherever you go, yet it has no real voice over yours. It has stopped being so greedy, needy, and full of selfish demands and clingy egoic agendas. This is when real freedom happens!
I find one of the best approaches to dealing with our desires is knowing that once we do get a desire manifested, we must be emotionally prepared to receive the opposing negative by-product as well. This doesnt mean we cannot celebrate achieving anything in life and be outrageous about it. In fact, we must go fully into appreciation if we want to continue expanding our manifesting magnet power.
We must let go into our greatest joyful expression, not holding back on any level, while having awareness of the knowledge that soon there will be the mysterious flip side showing up, that brings everything back to even neutral balance.
Lifes problems may be complicated, yet the answers are always very simple. ~Unknown
My teacher once told me life is like a gambling casino where you always win whatever you bet. If you bet $10, you get $10 back each time. There is always an even outcome, a perfect balance to life which makes everything fair in the end. Hidden inside every beautiful wave is a dark undertow. Once we are conscious and aware of the nature of duality, our incessant craving and yearning for our desires to be met will subside for good. It is then that we will discover the most enlightening exploration of all.
A life of perpetual relaxation within ourselves where we can enjoy the grace and ease of simply being alive. The day we discover how to remain relaxed into our true essence, our essential real nature, the greatest freedom and enlightening path will be revealed. For more insights into this, please read my blog post on How to Experience Spiritual Enlightenment.Spiritual enlightenment happens when you are in a state of no-mind, where the mind is so calm and at ease that it seems to disappear and only the witness remains. When your mind has completely let go of this world, and is completely non-attached to everything in it from a place of love, peace and compassion, then and only then are you truly free.
The mind is our greatest cause of suffering, and is what allows us to be liberated from it. It is the great mechanism we need to transcend all thinking and discover the awesome natural state of bliss within.
We crazy spiritual seekersspending our lives trying to awaken, instead of resting in the awakening that is already here now and always. ~Kathleen McCarthy
If you want to reach the state of spiritual enlightenment, the first thing you want to do, is stop doing. Stop doing whatever you are trying to accomplish in your life for this moment. Stop thinking, stop efforting, and stop trying to achieve anything for a few moments right now.
Just trust this experience. Let go of ALL your intense inner efforting for the rest of today. Just for today, relax into your body and realize in your heart of hearts that you are an Infinite Being and will never die. Allow for this one simple truth to be found in each experience today and a dynamic shift in your consciousness will occur.
Secondly, know that each experience you have in life is the right experience. Every lesson you are here to learn is being provided to you through each life experience. Remember, nothing is by chance. The Universe is constantly giving you all the consciousness you need to embrace each experience and each experience is designed to awaken, enlighten and empower you.
When your interpretation of each experience includes the knowing that there IS a divine energy who loves and accepts you just as you are, you can never have a bad experience. The Universe is an infinitely intelligent and conscious energy which is always supporting you to awaken into your greatest potentiality.
The jiva (individual soul) who is called I does not really exist; if he exists at all, then he is just the Supreme Reality. ~Ramana
Our problems, anxieties, and personal issues are like particles of sand in between our toes. Depending how we walk they either grind at us or massage our feet. Your problems are always your greatest spiritual teachers in disguise. Explore each of them with a childlike curiosity and they will reveal themselves as the brilliant messengers that they are.
You have a greater wisdom inside you that simply needs a bit of nurturing and compassion. If you feel stuck and cannot see what your issues/problems are, simply practice being grateful for whatever is in your life right now and enjoy it!
The individual, the world and God are illusory creations in the Supreme Reality, like the snake in the rope, knowing thus, be happy in unity with that blissful One, by dissolving the three in Him. ~Ramana
If a certain problem or issue keeps arising in you and will not go away, sit with it. Face it directly and ask yourself, What is the exact issue I would like more clarity and understanding about? Write it down and voice it out loud. Find out what this issue sound like and talk with this other voice inside you who is creating this issue.
Listen. Pay attention to what is underneath the mental chatter happening in your head. It is pointing you towards the divine answer. Follow it with curiosity and let it show you the way through. Each issue in your life repeats itself because it is unlearned and ignored. Once you pay attention to the wake up call by realizing the infinite being you really are, your problems will dissolve immediately and spiritual enlightenment presents itself as your natural state of being!
Close your eyes and see it there. Be silent and have a taste of it. Your very nature is what I call enlightenment. Enlightenment is not something alien, outside you. It is not somewhere else in time and space. It is you, your very core. ~Osho
Allow your body to soften and your mind to open. You are about to go on an amazing inner journey of self-discovery! Be aware that a spiritual awakening is about to take place in your life. Imagine what that will feel like. A child-like curiosity and exploration will provide you with everything youll need to know.
Whatever suffering is occurring in your life, is because youre dwelling on it. Right nowstop focusing on it. Let it go! Look deeper within yourself. Notice how big and bright your consciousness truly is! Make time today to release the emotional negativity youre dwelling on. Write down the things you are worried about, afraid of happening, are always tolerating, or where you feel stuck in your life. When youre all empty, write on the back of that paper what WANT to manifest and focus on instead! You can choose to have fun in your life at anytime.
My personal experience of Spiritual Enlightenment began in 1995 in India. I fell into a state of pure awareness that is free from the chattering mind and connected with the infinite all loving powerful Source. In this enlightened state, I realized that the world is absolutely perfect as it is.
In this state, you feel, see, and experience the divine order in everything. There is a great warm love in your heart all the time and every action in your life becomes very very easy because your essence is always at ease.
The awesome state of Spiritual Enlightenment occurs naturally when we deepen in our sadana (spiritual practice) and are consistent with it. A constant focus towards the unlimited source of love, consciousness and power creates a more enlightened, empowered, loving state of being in you. When you have raised your vibration enough, your mind will relax and see the blessing in everything. This relaxation is a state of emptiness where you are surrendered to the vastness of this infinite Universe.
Are you ready to expand your consciousness and tap into the Divine Source within you? Get ready to open your mind and relax deeper than you have ever relaxed inside! Youre about to discover the spiritual experience and finally find freedom from suffering here on Earth.
Supreme states of bliss are available to you now! This highly advanced spiritually enlightened state of being is easy to access when you are raising your vibration daily. The Super Manifesting Program does just that! Youll open your mind and heart chakra to a whole new level and drop into the spiritual enlightenment you are meant to experience.
Thank you for tuning in. May the most spiritually enlightening and deeply life transformative experiences come your way
In history, more people have become enlightened on the full moon than any other time of the month. If you are a serious meditator and wish more than anything to find freedom from suffering, do this meditation every evening before the full moon. Sit for as long as you possibly comfortably can. It will prepare your body for the intensely high and low emotional energies that will arrive with each full moon.
Sit in an upright position and relax every muscle inside your body, especially the jaw, hands and mouth.
To quiet the mind chatter, breathe deeply into your heart and make a sighing sound of relief with each exhalation. Then breathe into your belly and make a sound, and then your sex center, and then all 3 centers together. Make a sighing sound of relief with each center on your exhalation.
Repeat this cycle 3 times, and allow the body to become perfectly still and silent, like a slow breathing statue.
Be unfocused. When the mind focuses on something relax into your Presence. Explore what it feels like to let everything be as it is.
Rest deeply inside your core, and be at peace with everyone as they are and everything that is.
The planets collective consciousness is growing exponentially! The amount of free resources being distributed via social online media is forcing the worlds eyes to open wide so we can all see clearly what needs to occur.
- 7 Signs That You Are Achieving Spiritual Enlightenment ... - June 1st, 2019
- Enlightenment (spiritual) - Wikipedia - June 1st, 2019
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - June 1st, 2019
- Sedona Spiritual Inspiration & Healing | Visit Sedona - June 1st, 2019
- Center for Spiritual Enlightenment - CSE Home Page - June 1st, 2019
- atheism | Definition, Philosophy, & Comparison to ... - May 28th, 2019
- atheism r/atheism - reddit: the front page of the internet - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism | CARM.org - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - May 28th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - May 25th, 2019
- Enlightenment (spiritual) - Wikipedia - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths, Distortions, and Paths ... - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - The Most Profound Truth Revealed ... - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment | Enlightened Beings - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Spiritual Experience - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment | RuneScape Wiki | FANDOM powered ... - May 13th, 2019
- The Center for Spiritual Enlightenment, NSAC - May 13th, 2019
- Enlightenment | Definition, History, & Facts | Britannica.com - May 13th, 2019
- 3 Ways to Become Enlightened - wikiHow - May 13th, 2019
- Enlightenment in Buddhism - Wikipedia - May 13th, 2019
- Top 15 Ways to Achieve Spiritual Enlightenment - May 13th, 2019
- 31 Bible verses about Enlightenment - May 13th, 2019
- 7 Signs That You Are Achieving Spiritual Enlightenment ... - May 13th, 2019
- Enlightenment | Definition of Enlightenment by Merriam-Webster - May 13th, 2019
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment ... - May 13th, 2019
- How To Spiritually Awaken? Meditation. Top Signs ... - May 13th, 2019
- Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment ... - May 13th, 2019
- Urban Dictionary: Spiritual enlightenment - May 13th, 2019
- Enlightenment (spiritual) - Wikipedia - May 1st, 2019
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - May 1st, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths, Distortions, and Paths ... - May 1st, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment | RuneScape Wiki | FANDOM powered ... - May 1st, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - The RuneScape Wiki - May 1st, 2019
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment - In5D - May 1st, 2019
- The Spiritual Meaning of Light in Angels and Miracles - April 29th, 2019
- Stages of Spiritual Enlightenment: Fatigue - Divine Openings - April 29th, 2019
- Learning Spiritual Enlightenment with Ellen Grace O'Brian - April 29th, 2019
- 16 Signs of Spiritual Awakening That Progress to Spiritual ... - April 29th, 2019
- Is religion or Spiritual Enlightenment needed today ... - April 29th, 2019
- Top Living Masters - Enlightened People - April 29th, 2019
- Souls Enlightenment - Official Site - April 29th, 2019
- Ramtha's School of Enlightenment - April 29th, 2019
- Best Places To Travel For Spiritual Enlightenment ... - April 29th, 2019
- 5 Stages Of The Path From Awakening To Enlightenment ... - April 29th, 2019
- Enlightenment Synonyms, Enlightenment Antonyms | Thesaurus.com - April 29th, 2019
- How To Reach Spiritual Enlightenment? | New Experience - April 29th, 2019
- Enlightenment Spiritual Center - April 29th, 2019
- Signs of Awakening to Spiritual Enlightenment - April 29th, 2019
- XAMANISM Spiritual Enlightenment - April 29th, 2019
- Movie Watcher's Guide to Enlightenment Spiritual movies Guide - April 29th, 2019
- Zen Definition of Spiritual Enlightenment - anmolmehta.com - April 29th, 2019
- What is New Age Enlightenment? | John Ankerberg Show - April 29th, 2019
- Most Unique Spiritual Trips for Enlightenment - Pacsafe - April 29th, 2019
- Why Spiritual Growth Does Not Lead to Enlightenment - April 29th, 2019
- When the Large Hadron Collider Turns on, It May Trap Dark Matter - April 21st, 2019
- Astronomers Finally Found the Universe’s First Type of Molecule - April 21st, 2019
- India Blew up a Satellite. Now A “Space Fence” Is Tracking Its Debris - April 21st, 2019
- Expert: AI-Generated Music Is A “Total Legal Clusterf*ck” - April 21st, 2019
- The Mueller Report Confirms We’re Living in a Cyberpunk Dystopia - April 21st, 2019
- Amazing New Rocket Engine Sucks up Atmospheric Oxygen for Fuel - April 21st, 2019
- Climate Change Could Cause Fukushima-Style Meltdowns in the US - April 21st, 2019
- Denver Is Voting on Whether to Decriminalize Psychedelic Mushrooms - April 21st, 2019
- This Space Roomba Could Clean the ISS While Astronauts Sleep - April 21st, 2019
- John McAfee Vows to Reveal Bitcoin’s Creator - April 21st, 2019
- Boston Dynamics Unveils SpotMini You’ll Actually Be Able to Buy - April 21st, 2019
- Puerto Rico Will Stop Burning Coal Next Year - April 21st, 2019
- Listen to Brutal Death Metal Made by a Neural Network - April 21st, 2019
- Professor: Total Surveillance Is the Only Way to Save Humanity - April 21st, 2019
- IBM Pulls the Plug on Drug-Discovering Watson AI - April 21st, 2019
- The Government Wants to Make an Example out of Mark Zuckerberg - April 21st, 2019
- China’s Military Built an Autonomous Amphibious Landing Vehicle - April 21st, 2019