Spiritual awakening is a state of enlightenment; everyone going down the path of spiritual enlightenment will undergo similar experiences o...
by Helen E. Williams
As with most things involving spirituality, the phenomenon of spiritual enlightenment or awakening doesnt have a clear and concise definition.
We describe it as a highly complex and rich phenomenon that involves reaching a certain degree of understanding of life, oneself, and our reason to be among various other things.
When people undergo spiritual enlightenment, they experience a change within themselves. Although everyone has their own unique experiences, there are some common elements that we all share.
Spiritual enlightenment has strong, direct, spiritual implications and is a result to being more aware of ones spirituality and the ability to see past these illusions or fallacies.
The following are some of the changes we all experience as we go through this state of major transformation.
Are you on a path of spiritual enlightenment? Have you achieved it already?
1. Revisiting Childhood and Parental RelationshipsAll people that undergo a huge spiritual transformation revisit their early years of life. Healing our childhoods traumas is a vital requirement for deep healing.
Since we especially develop in our first years of life, any possible trauma greatly affects our perception of life and other related things.
In order to have a more accurate perspective on life and a better understanding of this reality, we must reexamine the basic notions upon which we have built our world on, in our early years of life.
Moreover, we have to develop healthier and stronger relationships with our families and, especially, with our parents, who have played such a huge role in what we have become today.
Just by attempting to heal old wounds or repair damaged relationships, one exhibits intense growth and maturity, which is a crucial aspect to ones awakening. This will, inevitably, lead to spiritual enlightenment.
2. Treading Uncharted Territories
While growing up, we tend to build a life that is equivalent to a bubble. However, it is unhealthy to stay within that bubble, as it severely limits our experience of the world.
We all have to take that first step in venturing into the unknown and make a place for ourselves in the world.
Once we start to explore the world and stop confining ourselves within our comfort zones, we star growing in previously unimagined ways, and this is one of the necessary steps we must take in order to experience true awakening.
3. Understanding and Eliminating Dysfunctional Relationships
Many people, despite being aware, stay within their dysfunctional relationships and try to find justification for their decisions.
This habit of deceiving your own self negates growth and perpetuates other dysfunctional habits in your life. Being surrounded by positive influences is extremely important, as we tend to absorb more than we can imagine from our interactions with those around us.
The ability to distinguish unhealthy relationships is a huge part of your awakening and using the newly acquired understanding by eliminating these unhealthy relationships helps you in achieving spiritual enlightenment.
4. Being Aware of the Gift that is Health
A vast majority of people dont understand the blessing of a good health physical, mental and social. Most of us only understand this important gift when our health starts to deteriorate and, for the first time in our lives, we understand that health is priceless.
Those of us who understood the significance of health and actively make an effort towards maintaining it (by exercising, eating healthy, and so on), are a part of a minority.
This realization is a huge step for those moving towards spiritual enlightenment.
5. Developing the Ability to Learn Perpetually
There are people, although small in numbers, who are always looking to learn something new from their experiences and interactions.
Such people have a desire to better comprehend the complexities of life and the world around them. Therefore, they seek knowledge and are open to learn new things, simply because it brings them pleasure and a sense of fulfillment.
Learning, in itself, is an evolutionary process one that complies with the nature of our life. Only those who are willing to learn and possess a burning desire to create their own educated perspectives will head closer towards attaining enlightenment.
6. Exuding Positivity
Many people are subject to self-sabotage and they practice self-defeatist practices and beliefs that only impede with their own growth.
One of the most important steps towards becoming spiritually aware is the realization that thoughts and emotions are very powerful.
A person that is completely engulfed in negativity will never be able to experience happiness or joy, no matter how beautiful their lives may be.
Those who can be true to themselves and seek joy in their experiences, can truly attain spiritual enlightenment.
7. Understanding the Significance of Life
Ask people about their jobs and most will tell you just how much they hate it.
If you value your career so much and you think that your work is what defines you, then why not, at least, choose something that you love doing?
Unfortunately though, most people choose to work in stressful environments that deprive them of creativity or joy, and their sole motivation to continue is the next paycheck. Pursuing money and choosing a career on those basis, usually leads to everything else but joy.
Instead, you should understand that no matter what you choose to do, as long as you make an honest effort and your work brings you pleasure, money will always come.
Those who have understood what the truly important things are, and actively seek joyous experiences in their work and personal lives, are the ones who have developed enough understanding to move towards spiritual enlightenment.
- How to Use Tarot Cards as a Spiritual Guide to Everyday Life - Study Breaks - October 5th, 2019
- Clearly, Fans Thinks Demi Lovatos Heartless Apology Letter Is Just For Sake. Blasting Over A Free T ... - The Inner Sane - October 5th, 2019
- 'I put my head in the guillotine for Osho and I would do it again Why can't I be myself? Why do I have to be enlightened?' - Times of India - October 5th, 2019
- The indefatigable Gandhian Subba Rao: Meeting the Mahatma and other encounters of a lifetime - Times Now - October 5th, 2019
- The Carnatic blues of Ross Hammond and Jay Nair - Berkeleyside - October 5th, 2019
- Hospice of Santa Barbara Honors Its Heroes And Raises $178000 - Noozhawk - October 5th, 2019
- The Eclectic Sheldon Theatre is the Jewel-Box of Red Wing - Music in Minnesota - October 5th, 2019
- Your thoughts on Cardinal Burke's vision of church, the partisan divide, parish shopping and more - National Catholic Reporter - October 5th, 2019
- Art, teaching and skills for Seekers: A conversation with author and BYU professor Anthony Sweat, author of - Deseret News - October 5th, 2019
- 'Walk in China' VR Trilogy - Animation World Network - October 5th, 2019
- 7 Signs That You Are Achieving Spiritual Enlightenment ... - June 1st, 2019
- Enlightenment (spiritual) - Wikipedia - June 1st, 2019
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - June 1st, 2019
- Sedona Spiritual Inspiration & Healing | Visit Sedona - June 1st, 2019
- Center for Spiritual Enlightenment - CSE Home Page - June 1st, 2019
- atheism | Definition, Philosophy, & Comparison to ... - May 28th, 2019
- atheism r/atheism - reddit: the front page of the internet - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism | CARM.org - May 28th, 2019
- Atheism - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - May 28th, 2019
- Ripple Price Forecast: XRP vs SWIFT, SEC Updates, and More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: This Week on Bitfinex, Tether, Coinbase, & More - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETFs, Andreessen Horowitz, and Contradictions in Crypto - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Looking Past the Bithumb Crypto Hack - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: What You Need to Know This Week - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: XRP Validators, Malta, and Practical Tokens - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: New Exchanges Could Boost Crypto Liquidity - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Bitcoin ETF Rejection, AMD Microchip Sales, and Hedge Funds - May 25th, 2019
- Bitcoin Rise: Is the Recent Bitcoin Price Surge a Sign of Things to Come or Another Misdirection? - May 25th, 2019
- Cryptocurrency News: Vitalik Buterin Doesn’t Care About Bitcoin ETFs - May 25th, 2019
- Enlightenment (spiritual) - Wikipedia - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths, Distortions, and Paths ... - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - The Most Profound Truth Revealed ... - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment | Enlightened Beings - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Spiritual Experience - May 13th, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment | RuneScape Wiki | FANDOM powered ... - May 13th, 2019
- The Center for Spiritual Enlightenment, NSAC - May 13th, 2019
- Enlightenment | Definition, History, & Facts | Britannica.com - May 13th, 2019
- 3 Ways to Become Enlightened - wikiHow - May 13th, 2019
- Enlightenment in Buddhism - Wikipedia - May 13th, 2019
- Top 15 Ways to Achieve Spiritual Enlightenment - May 13th, 2019
- 31 Bible verses about Enlightenment - May 13th, 2019
- Enlightenment | Definition of Enlightenment by Merriam-Webster - May 13th, 2019
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment ... - May 13th, 2019
- How To Spiritually Awaken? Meditation. Top Signs ... - May 13th, 2019
- Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment ... - May 13th, 2019
- Urban Dictionary: Spiritual enlightenment - May 13th, 2019
- Enlightenment (spiritual) - Wikipedia - May 1st, 2019
- What Is Spiritual Enlightenment or Spiritual Awakening? - May 1st, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - Truths, Distortions, and Paths ... - May 1st, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment | Enlightened Beings - May 1st, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment | RuneScape Wiki | FANDOM powered ... - May 1st, 2019
- Spiritual Enlightenment - The RuneScape Wiki - May 1st, 2019
- The 3 Stages Of Spiritual Enlightenment - In5D - May 1st, 2019
- The Spiritual Meaning of Light in Angels and Miracles - April 29th, 2019
- Stages of Spiritual Enlightenment: Fatigue - Divine Openings - April 29th, 2019
- Learning Spiritual Enlightenment with Ellen Grace O'Brian - April 29th, 2019
- 16 Signs of Spiritual Awakening That Progress to Spiritual ... - April 29th, 2019
- Is religion or Spiritual Enlightenment needed today ... - April 29th, 2019
- Top Living Masters - Enlightened People - April 29th, 2019
- Souls Enlightenment - Official Site - April 29th, 2019
- Ramtha's School of Enlightenment - April 29th, 2019
- Best Places To Travel For Spiritual Enlightenment ... - April 29th, 2019
- 5 Stages Of The Path From Awakening To Enlightenment ... - April 29th, 2019
- Enlightenment Synonyms, Enlightenment Antonyms | Thesaurus.com - April 29th, 2019
- How To Reach Spiritual Enlightenment? | New Experience - April 29th, 2019
- Enlightenment Spiritual Center - April 29th, 2019
- Signs of Awakening to Spiritual Enlightenment - April 29th, 2019
- XAMANISM Spiritual Enlightenment - April 29th, 2019
- Movie Watcher's Guide to Enlightenment Spiritual movies Guide - April 29th, 2019
- Zen Definition of Spiritual Enlightenment - anmolmehta.com - April 29th, 2019
- What is New Age Enlightenment? | John Ankerberg Show - April 29th, 2019
- Most Unique Spiritual Trips for Enlightenment - Pacsafe - April 29th, 2019
- Why Spiritual Growth Does Not Lead to Enlightenment - April 29th, 2019
- When the Large Hadron Collider Turns on, It May Trap Dark Matter - April 21st, 2019
- Astronomers Finally Found the Universe’s First Type of Molecule - April 21st, 2019
- India Blew up a Satellite. Now A “Space Fence” Is Tracking Its Debris - April 21st, 2019
- Expert: AI-Generated Music Is A “Total Legal Clusterf*ck” - April 21st, 2019
- The Mueller Report Confirms We’re Living in a Cyberpunk Dystopia - April 21st, 2019
- Amazing New Rocket Engine Sucks up Atmospheric Oxygen for Fuel - April 21st, 2019
- Climate Change Could Cause Fukushima-Style Meltdowns in the US - April 21st, 2019