Posted: March 24, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Leo Gura, founder of Actualized.org, shows what is necessary to get the most out of life. Through discipline, self mastery, and a compelling vision, you can unleash your full potential through your life purpose.
The full speech can be found here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey3x1…
Edited by Focus Shift Media:https://www.facebook.com/TheFocusShift
Music by PBO:https://soundcloud.com/pbo25
Produced by Conscious Evolution:http://www.consciousevolution.tv/
Support us on Patreon!https://www.patreon.com/focusshiftmedia
Posted: September 8, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Posted: September 7, 2017 at 6:07 pm
Posted: September 6, 2017 at 9:57 am
If the universe began in the past, when that happened it was Now. And it trails off like the wake of a ship from Now and just as the wake fades out, so does the past. Things arent explained by what happened in the past. Theyre explained by what happens Now-Alan Watts
Download copy from here alan-watts-the-eternal-now.mp4
Posted: July 30, 2017 at 7:59 am
Posted: July 28, 2017 at 4:29 am
Exponential technological and cultural progress have given us the opportunity to more fully realize our potential.
Speech by Jason Silva
Download copy from here jason-silva-the-power-of-awe.mp4
Posted: July 23, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Posted: November 25, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Weve noticed youre adblocking.
We rely on advertising to help fund our award-winning journalism.
We urge you to turn off your ad blocker for The Telegraph website so that you can continue to access our quality content in the future.
Thank you for your support.
Read this article:Health and Fitness: Body, mind and nutrition
Posted: at 12:43 pm
Allison Bailey, MD is a board-certified specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Instructor in Medicine at Harvard Medical School. She leads a multidisciplinary medical practice that specializes in treating conditions that limit function and impair optimal performance. IHFA offerscoordinated care with a team of providers, workingtogether to help you reach your health and fitness goals.
Read more:Integrated Health and Fitness Associates About
Posted: at 12:43 pm
Considering overseas cosmetic surgery? Here are 9 tips to consider before booking your flight. 1. Book an appointment with your GP Talk to your GP about their opinion of the procedure and whether you are a suitable candidate. You may also want to discuss with them a suitable local surgeon willing to assist with after 
Cameron Diazs trainer, Teddy Bass shares the secrets to her toned physique With a background as a professional dancer, Teddy came to LA nearly 15 years ago to pursue a career as a video dancer. Instead, he ended up getting qualified in fitness at the University of Southern California (UCLA) and started training celebrities. Teddy 
Read more from the original source:Womens Fitness, Workouts & Health Advice | Womens Health
Posted: at 12:43 pm
The four primary components (also known as the components of health related fitness) that are important to improved physical health are as follows:
Cardiorespiratory capacity is the ability of the body to take in oxygen (respiration), deliver it to the cells (circulation), and use it at the cellular level to create energy (bioenergetics) for physical work (activity). In fitness, we also refer to cardiorespiratory capacity as aerobic capacity. This capacity includes aerobic endurance (how long), aerobic strength (how hard), and aerobic power (how fast). Some of the long-term adaptations of cardiorespiratory training are: decreased resting heart rate, decreased risk of cardiovascular disease, improved endurance, increased stroke volume and cardiac output.
Muscular capacity refers to the spectrum of muscular capability. This includes muscular endurance (i.e., the ability to apply force over a long period of time or to complete repeated muscle contractions); muscular strength (i.e., the ability to generate force, or the maximum amount of force that a muscle can exert in a single contraction); and muscular power (i.e., the ability to generate strength in an explosive way). Some of the long-term adaptations of improving muscular capacity are increased strength, improved muscular endurance, increased basal metabolic rate, improved joint strength, and overall posture.
Flexibility is the range of movement or amount of motion that a joint is capable of performing. Each joint has a different amount of flexibility. Some of the long-term adaptations of improved flexibility are decreased risk of injury, improved range of motion, improved bodily movements, and improved posture.
Body composition is the proportion of fat-free mass (muscle, bone, blood, organs, and fluids) to fat mass (adipose tissue deposited under the skin and around organs). Some of the long-term adaptations of improving body composition are decreased risk of cardiovascular disease, improved basal metabolic rate, improved bodily function, and improved BMI.
The secondary components of fitness (also known as the components of performance based fitness) are involved in all physical activity and are necessary for daily functioning. Athletes experience different levels of success depending on how well these secondary fitness components are developed. Although the primary components of fitness are thought to be the most important, we should not ignore the secondary components because of their importance in the completion of daily tasks. The secondary components include the following.
Balance is the ability to maintain a specific body position in either a stationary or dynamic (moving) situation.
Coordination is the ability to use all body parts together to produce smooth and fluid motion.
Agility is the ability to change direction quickly.
Reaction time is the time required to respond to a specific stimulus.
Speed is the ability to move rapidly. Speed is also known as velocity (rate of motion).
Power is the product of strength and speed. Power is also known as explosive strength.
Mental capability is the ability to concentrate during exercise to improve training effects as well as the ability to relax and enjoy the psychological benefits of activity (endorphins).
Health is a dynamic process because it is always changing. We all have times of good health, times of sickness, and maybe even times of serious illness. As our lifestyles change, so does our level of health.
Those of us who participate in regular physical activity do so partly to improve the current and future level of our health. We strive toward an optimal state of well-being. As our lifestyle improves, our health also improves and we experience less disease and sickness. When most people are asked what it means to be healthy, they normally respond with the four components of fitness mentioned earlier (cardiorespiratory ability, muscular ability, flexibility, and body composition). Although these components are a critical part of being healthy, they are not the only contributing factors. Physical health is only one aspect of our overall health.
The other components of health (Greenberg, 2004, p. 7) that are just as important as physical health include the following:
Social health-The ability to interact well with people and the environment and to have satisfying personal relationships.
Mental health-The ability to learn and grow intellectually. Life experiences as well as more formal structures (e.g., school) enhance mental health.
Emotional health-The ability to control emotions so that you feel comfortable expressing them and can express them appropriately.
Spiritual health-A belief in some unifying force. It varies from person to person but has the concept of faith at its core.
Wellness is the search for enhanced quality of life, personal growth, and potential through positive lifestyle behaviours and attitudes. If we take responsibility for our own health and well-being, we can improve our health on a daily basis. Certain factors influence our state of wellness, including nutrition, physical activity, stress-coping methods, good relationships, and career success.
Each day we work toward maximizing our level of health and wellness to live long, full, and healthy lives. The pursuit of health, personal growth, and improved quality of life relies on living a balanced life. To achieve balance, we need to care for our mind, body, and spirit.
If any of these three areas is consistently lacking or forgotten about, we will not be at our optimal level of health. We are constantly challenged with balancing each of these three areas throughout life.
As fitness professionals, we have a responsibility to guide and motivate others to improve their level of health and wellness. We can promote a holistic approach to health (mind, body, and spirit), not just encourage physical activity. As good role models, we should demonstrate positive health behaviours that assist in improving our own health and the health of others. If our focus is strictly on the physical benefits of exercise, we are doing a disservice to our clients and we are not fulfilling our professional obligation.
As fitness professionals, we spend a great deal of time inspiring and assisting others in their pursuit of improved health. Education is an important aspect of this. We must promote the benefits of regular activity and help people understand why they should be active.
Figure 1.2 will help you educate your clients about the benefits of activity and why each of these benefits is important to long-term health.
Health Canada introduced Canadas Physical Activity Guide to Healthy Active Living to help Canadians make wise choices about physical activity as a way to improve health. Scientists say you should accumulate 60 minutes of physical activity every day to stay healthy or improve health. The recommendations in the Physical Activity Guide are as follows:
Endurance-On 4 to 7 days a week, perform continuous activity for your heart, lungs, and circulatory system. Time required for improvements depends on effort.
Flexibility-On 4 to 7 days a week, perform gentle reaching, bending, and stretching to keep muscles relaxed and joints mobile.
Strength-On 2 to 4 days a week, perform resistance exercise to strengthen muscles and bones and improve posture.
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) has also developed activity guidelines for improving health:
Perform 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity physical activity on most days of the week for cardiovascular health. The 30 minutes need not be continuous.
Performing 1 set of 8 to 12 repetitions of resistance training for the entire body is necessary to maintain and develop muscular strength and endurance.
Flexibility training should be performed daily, including stretches for all major muscle groups, in order to maintain mobility.
More here:The importance of health, fitness, and wellness
Posted: at 12:43 pm
To be your happiest and healthiest self, we bring you a wide selection of health facts from fitness to food to hydration.
These top tips and random health facts provide you with information to keep you fighting fit.
These health facts cover a range of topics to provide you with knowledge and insights into how you can better take care of yourself and information about health around the world.
Its easy to forget how important our mental health contributes to our wellbeing. Just like all muscles, the brain needs to be exercised and cared for to ensure you are performing and feeling your best.
While swearing, participants reported less pain and were able to withstand the pain longer.
Our bodies need food to survive, but all foods were not created equal. Read through these facts about food and vitamins that you can incorporate into your diet to boost your health.
For a healthy body and mind, general fitness and moderate exercise are crucial. We hope these interesting health facts encourage you to move!
A study of adults over the age of 65 found that walking at least four hours a week reduced their risk of cardiovascular disease hospitalizations.
A similar study at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory found that moderate intensity walking and vigorous intensity running has similar reductions in risk levels for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and even potentially coronary heart disease.
Water is the bodys natural elixir. Below weve compiled ten good reasons why keeping hydrated contributes to good health.
Not only that, but a study by the Endocrine Society found that drinking 500ml of water increased the metabolic rate (in both men and women) by 30% within 10-40 minutes of drinking water.
Here are few general hints and tips to keep you feeling healthy and to ensure youre taking good care of your body.
The Academy of General Dentistry recommends waiting at least 30 to 60 minutes.
Elements such as dust, mold or cleaning supplies can contaminate the air, resulting in poor indoor air quality.
As a result of poor indoor air quality or lack of ventilation, irritation to the eyes, nose and throat is common and with long-term exposure can lead to some respiratory diseases.
The final ten facts cover a broad spectrum, but you can use this intriguing information to impress your friends.
Foot pain, ranging from general soreness at the end of a long day, to a more serious condition, is common.
Continue reading here:70 Quick Health Facts: Food, Fitness, Hydration, Random (Fun!)
Posted: at 12:43 pm
MENS WORKOUTS, NUTRITION AND HEALTH CONDITIONSThe male body is an adroit machine, but rigorous physical output requires a keen attention towards intake. Production is directly derived from consumption, so diligent dietary mindfulness is crucial. This comprehensive health overview covers every essential masculine requisite. Methodical fitness regimens have never been this easy to access.
Excerpt from:Mens Health And Fitness Workouts And Supplements For
Posted: at 12:43 pm
Health and Fitness Magazines from Amazon.com
From perfecting a headstand in yoga class to learning the tastiest vegetarian recipes and finding the best fitness routines for your needs, health and fitness magazines can help you explore, experiment, and exercise in new and exciting ways. No matter the subject youre looking for, subscriptions to health and fitness magazines can help you improve your techniques, and stay up-to-date on all the trends and changes in your preferred health and fitness zones.
Whether youre looking for health and fitness magazines for men or for women, Amazon.com offers a wide range on a variety of topics. If youre interested in mens or womens health, you can choose from magazines like Mens Health, Womens Health, Shape, Muscle & Fitness, and more. If youre looking for nutrition or alternative medicine options, you can select everything from Vegetarian Times, EatingWell, Spirituality & Health, and more. We also offer a range of magazines about relationships, psychology, beauty and fashion, and weight loss as well.
When you subscribe to health and fitness magazines, you can keep up-to-date on all your subscriptions by using the handy subscription manager Amazon.com offers. Plus, you can even give gift subscriptions, so whether your intended prefers to stay abreast on yoga changes or different diets, you can find magazines like Yoga Journal, Outside, Cooking Light, and more all right here. Simply include the name and address of your intended recipient, and Amazon.com will ensure they get the latest issues of their gift subscription on time.
Our selection of health and fitness magazines can help you do everything from improve your fitness to explore alternative health and fitness styles, and more. With alternative selections like Qi: Journal of Traditional Eastern Health & Fitness, and contemporary favorites like Health, you can find all the news you need for your favorite health and fitness activities.
With health and fitness magazines from Amazon.com, you can find all the articles you need to get your heart rate up and get your brain inspired.
Visit link:Amazon.com: Discount Magazines: Health, Fitness & Wellness
Posted: at 12:43 pm
Health and fitness is the key to a long, active and enjoyable life. It is correctly stated that Health is the actual Wealth that a person can retain. Teachers assign this topic to their students to enhance their knowledge about staying healthy and fit, and create awareness among others as well. It also results in the development of a healthy lifestyle for children.
Students need to realize the importance of staying healthy and fit. Also, being the future generation, they can play a vital role in creating awareness and maintaining a stable health regime.
Read the rest here:
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - March 11th, 2019
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - February 25th, 2019
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - February 2nd, 2019
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - January 27th, 2019
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - December 30th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - December 27th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - December 24th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - November 20th, 2018
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - October 29th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - October 29th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution (Kansas City, MO) | Meetup - October 29th, 2018
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - October 14th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - October 6th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - October 5th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - September 18th, 2018
- New World New Mind: Moving Toward Conscious Evolution ... - September 18th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution (Kansas City, MO) | Meetup - September 4th, 2018
- Sacred Centers - Tools for Conscious Evolution - August 5th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - July 2nd, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - June 29th, 2018
- The 8 Stages of Conscious Evolution - Waking Times - May 5th, 2018
- The 8 Stages of Conscious Evolution - Waking Times - May 2nd, 2018
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - April 24th, 2018
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - March 17th, 2018
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - March 14th, 2018
- Conscious Life News | News and Articles About Conscious ... - February 15th, 2018
- Global Communication Hub - Foundation for Conscious Evolution - February 6th, 2018
- Global Communication Hub - Foundation for Conscious Evolution - February 6th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution: How to Save Humanity and the Planet - February 4th, 2018
- Conscious Evolution TV - The Convergence of Science ... - January 26th, 2018
- Global Communication Hub - Foundation for Conscious Evolution - January 26th, 2018
- Sheila Gautreaux Highlights Importance of Forgiveness | Benzinga - Benzinga - August 21st, 2017
- Sheila Gautreaux Highlights Importance of Forgiveness - Benzinga - August 18th, 2017
- Nights Of Fire: A Conscious Evolution Festival Preview - NYSMusic - August 14th, 2017
- What's Happening: August 4, 2017 - Verde Independent - August 4th, 2017
- Conscious evolution - Wikipedia - August 3rd, 2017
- KABAKA PYRAMID + One-A-Chord & DJ Spleece - SantaCruz.com - August 3rd, 2017
- The 8 Stages of Conscious Evolution - Waking Times - July 6th, 2017
- First Gaia Symposium scheduled for July 7-9 in Weed - Taft Midway Driller - July 5th, 2017
- Talk About INDEPENDENCE. We just divorced, yet get along better than ever! - The Good Men Project (blog) - July 4th, 2017
- First Gaia Symposium scheduled for July 7-9 in Weed - Mount Shasta Herald - July 3rd, 2017
- Surprise: People Who Claim They Don't Eat or Drink Are Probably Liars - ATTN: - June 23rd, 2017
- Native Americans are getting cheated again by a white president ... - Los Angeles Times - June 21st, 2017
- JACKAL Releases 'Endorphins' EP - Noiseporn - June 14th, 2017
- New book published by Balboa Press presents the Miross system, a measure for conscious evolution, self ... - Benzinga - June 11th, 2017
- Dr. Leslie Wells Announces Upcoming Launch of the EVE Consciousness World Tour - PR Web (press release) - June 7th, 2017
- Jackal - Summer In Your Arms - EDM Sauce - June 6th, 2017
- Pierre Teilhard De Chardin Information - April 3rd, 2017
- Skill to discriminate - The Hindu - March 10th, 2017
- Modi supports yoga at Lord Shiva bust unveiling - Easterneye (press release) (subscription) - March 3rd, 2017
- Crowdfunding the skyscraper - Curbed - March 2nd, 2017
- 112-foot tall Shiva statue 'Adiyogi' - Times of India (blog) - February 28th, 2017
- Important to preserve the essence of yoga: PM Narendra Modi - Economic Times - February 27th, 2017
- YOGA-PM 2 LAST : PTI feed, News - India Today - India Today - February 27th, 2017
- PM Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva in Coimbatore on occasion of Maha Shivratri' - Zee News - February 25th, 2017
- PM Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva in Coimbatore - Zee News - February 24th, 2017
- PM Modi to unveil 112-foot Shiva statue at Maha Shivaratri event of Jaggi Vasudev's Isha Foundation as protests grow - International Business Times,... - February 24th, 2017
- Narendra Modi to unveil 112-ft tall Shiva idol on February 24 - India ... - India.com - February 20th, 2017
- Coimbatore: PM Modi to unveil 112-feet tall face of Adiyogi on Feb ... - India.com - February 20th, 2017
- Global Communication Hub - Foundation for Conscious Evolution - February 18th, 2017
- Modi to unveil 112-ft tall Shiva idol in Coimbatore on February 24 - Hindustan Times - February 18th, 2017
- Grey Magick and Soapbox Preachers - Patheos (blog) - February 15th, 2017
- Stay Inspired: Conscious Evolution with Barbara Marx ... - December 11th, 2016
- Sacred Centers - Tools for Conscious Evolution - December 8th, 2016
- Conscious Evolution Defined - Foundation for Conscious ... - June 8th, 2016
- Back to the Future: LCWR nuns and Conscious Evolution ... - June 8th, 2016
- Amazon.com: Conscious Evolution: Awakening Our Social ... - May 8th, 2015
- Home | Subtle Arts of Conscious Evolution - Sarah Whiteley - May 8th, 2015
- Cures Without Side Effects - Video - April 13th, 2015
- How to Activate Our Genetic Blueprint - Video - April 13th, 2015
- Activate Your Higher Mind Powerful DNA Healing Energy | All 9 Solfeggio Frequencies - Video - April 11th, 2015
- How Technology is Connected to Consciousness - Video - April 11th, 2015
- How Can You Be Happy - Video - April 9th, 2015
- Conscious Evolution! Video | Prometheism.net - April 7th, 2015
- What is Cultural Fusion - Video - April 5th, 2015
- Conscious Evolution! - Video - April 5th, 2015
- Eyes of Emerald - Video - April 5th, 2015
- International Forum on Consciousness: Conscious Evolution ... - April 3rd, 2015
- Teddy M. - Conscious Evolution (Kansas City, MO) - Meetup - April 2nd, 2015
- International Forum on Consciousness: Conscious Evolution: The Awakening - April 2nd, 2015