(To download the PDF edition of this article, click here. It was originally published on Roosh V.)
It was Joes first date with Mary. He asked her what she wanted in life and she replied, I want to establish my career. Thats the most important thing to me right now. Undeterred that she had no need for a man in her life, Joe entertained her with enough funny stories and cocky statements that she soon allowed him to lightly pet her forearm.
At the end of the date, he locked arms with her on the walk to the subway station, when two Middle Eastern men on scooter patrol accosted them and said they were forbidden to touch. This is Sharia zone, they said in heavily accented English, in front of a Halal butcher shop. Joe and Mary felt bad that they offended the two men, because they were trained in school to respect all religions but that of their ancestors. One of the first things they learned was that their white skin gave them extra privilege in life which must be consciously restrained at all times. Even if they happened to disagree with the two men, they could not verbally object because of anti-hate laws that would put them in jail for religious discrimination. They unlocked arms and maintained a distance of three feet from each other.
Unfortunately for Joe, Mary did not want to go out with him again, but seven years later he did receive a message from her on Facebook saying hello. She became vice president of a company, but could not find a man equal to her station since women now made 25% more than men on average. Joe had long left the country and moved to Thailand, where he married a young Thai girl and had three children. He had no plans on returning to his country, America.
If cultural collapse occurs in the way I will now describe, the above scenario will be the rule within a few decades. The Western world is being colonized in reverse, not by weapons or hard power, but through a combination of progressivism and low reproductive rates. These two factors will lead to a complete cultural collapse of many Western nations within the next 200 years. This theory will show the most likely mechanism that it will proceed in America, Canada, UK, Scandinavia, and Western Europe.
Cultural collapse is the decline, decay, or disappearance of a native populations rituals, habits, interpersonal communication, relationships, art, and language. It coincides with a relative decline of population compared to outside groups. National identity and group identification will be lost while revisionist history will be applied to demonize or find fault with the native population. Cultural collapse is not to be confused with economic or state collapse. A nation that suffers from a cultural collapse can still be economically productive and have a working government.
First I will share a brief summary of the cultural collapse progression before explaining them in more detail. Then I will discuss where I see many countries along its path.
1. Removal of religious narrative from peoples lives, replaced by a treadmill of scientific and technological progress.
2. Elimination of traditional sex roles through feminism, gender equality, political correctness, cultural Marxism, and socialism.
3. Delay or abstainment of family formation by women to pursue careerist lifestyles while men wait in confused limbo.
4. Decreasing birth rate among native population.
5. Government enactment of open immigration policies to prevent economic collapse.
6. Immigrant refusal to fully acclimate, forcing host culture to adopt external rituals and beliefs while being out-reproduced.
7. Natives becoming marginalized in their own country.
Religion has been a powerful restraint for millennia in preventing humans from pursuing their base desires and narcissistic tendencies so that they satisfy a god. Family formation is the central unit of most religions, possibly because children increase membership at zero marginal cost to the church (i.e. they dont need to be recruited).
Religion may promote scientific ignorance, but it facilitates reproduction by giving people a narrative that places family near the center of their existence.   After the Enlightenment, the rapid advance of science and its logical but nihilistic explanations into the universe have removed the religious narrative and replaced it with an empty narrative of scientific progress, knowledge, and technology, which act as a restraint and hindrance to family formation, allowing people to pursue individual goals of wealth accumulation or hedonistic pleasure seeking. As of now, there has not been a single non-religious population that has been able to reproduce above the death rate.
Even though many people today claim to believe in god, they may not step inside a church but once or twice a year for special holidays. Religion went from being a lifestyle, a manual for living, to something that is thought about in passing.
Once religion no longer plays a role in peoples lives, the stage is set to fracture male-female bonding. It is collectively attacked by several ideologies stemming from the beliefs of Cultural Marxist theory, which serve to accomplish one common end: destruction of the family unit so that citizens are dependent on the state. They achieve this goal through the marginalization of men and their role in society under the banner of equality. With feminism pushed to the forefront of this umbrella movement, the drive for equality ends up being a power grab by women. This attack is performed on a range of fronts:
The end result is that men, confused about their identify and averse to state punishment from sexual harassment, date rape, and divorce proceedings, make a rational decision to wait on the sidelines. Women, still not happy with the increased power given to them, continue their assault on men by instructing them to man up into what has become an unfair dealmarriage. The elevation of women above men is allowed by corporations, which adopt girl power marketing to expand their consumer base and increase profits.  Governments also allow it because it increases their tax revenue. Because there is money to be made with women working and becoming consumers, there is no effort by the elite to halt this development.
At the same time men are emasculated as mere sperm donors, women are encouraged to adopt the career goals, mannerisms, and competitive lifestyles of men, inevitably causing them to delay marriage, often into an age where they can no longer find suitable husbands who have more resources than themselves.     The average woman will find it exceedingly difficult to balance career and family, and since she has no concern of getting fired from her family, who she may see as a hindrance to her career goals, she will devote an increasing proportion of time into her job.
Female income, in aggregate, will soon match or exceed that of men.   A key reason that women historically got married was to be economically provided for, but this reason will no longer persist and women will feel less pressure or motivation to marry. The burgeoning spinster population will simply be a money-making opportunity for corporations to market to an increasing population of lonely women. Cat and small dog sales will rise.
Women succumb to their primal sexual and materialistic urges to live the Sex and the City lifestyle full of fine dining, casual sex, technological bliss, and general gluttony without learning traditional household skills or feminine qualities that would make them attractive wives.  Men adapt to careerist women in a rational way by doing the following:
Careerist women who decide to marry will do so in a hurried rush around 30 because they fear growing old alone, but since they are well past their fertility peak, they may find it difficult to reproduce. In the event of successful reproduction at such a later age, fewer children can be born before biological infertility, limiting family size compared to the historical past.
The stage is now set for the death rate to outstrip the birth rate. This creates a demographic cliff where there is a growing population of non-working elderly relative to able-bodied younger workers. Two problems result:
No modern nation has figured out how to substantially raise birth rates among native populations. The most successful effort has been done in France, but that has still kept the birth rate among French-born women just under the replacement rate (2.08 vs 2.1). The easiest and fastest way to solve this double-edged problem is to promote mass immigration of non-elderly individuals who will work, spend, and procreate at rates greater than natives.
A replenishing supply of births are necessary to create taxpayers, workers, entrepreneurs, and consumers in order to maintain the nations economic development. While many claim that the planet is suffering from overpopulation, an economic collapse is inevitable for those countries who do not increase their population at steady rates.
An aging population without youthful refilling will cause a scarcity of labor, increasing that labors price. Corporate elites will now lobby governments for immigration reform to relieve this upward pressure on wages.  At the same time, the modern mantra of sustained GDP growth puts pressure on politicians for dissemination of favorable economic growth data to aid in their re-elections. The simplest way to increase GDP without innovation or development of industry is to expand the population. Both corporate and political elites now have their goals in alignment where the easiest solution becomes immigration. 
While politicians hem and haw about designing permanent immigration policies, immigrants continue to settle within the nation. The national birth rate problem is essentially solved overnight, as its much easier to drain third-world nations of its starry-eyed population with enticements of living in the first-world than it is to encourage the native women to reproduce. (Lateral immigration from one first-world nation to another is so relatively insignificant that the niche term expatriation has been developed to describe it). Native women will show a stubborn resistance at any suggestion they should create families, much preferring a relatively responsibility-free lifestyle of sexual variety, casual internet dating via mobile apps, consumer excess, and comfortable high-paying jobs in air conditioned offices. 
Immigrants will almost always come from societies that are more religious and, in the case of Islam with regard to European immigration, far more scientifically primitive and rigid in its customs.
While many adult immigrants will feel gracious at the opportunity to live in a more prosperous nation, others will soon feel resentment that they are forced to work menial jobs in a country that is far more expensive than their own.     The majority of them remain in lower economic classes, living in poor immigrant communities where they can speak their own language, find their own homeland foods, and follow their own customs or religion.
Instead of breaking out of their foreigner communities, immigrants seek to expand it by organizing. They form local groups and civic organizations to teach natives better ways to understand and serve immigrant populations. They will be eager to publicize cases where immigrants have been insulted by insensitive natives or treated unfairly by police authorities in the case of petty crime.      School curriculums may be changed to promote diversity or multiculturalism, at great expense to the native culture. Concessions will be made not to offend immigrants. A continual stream of outrages will be found and this will feed the power of the organizations and create a state within a state where native elites become fearful of applying laws to immigrants.
This step has not yet happened in any first-world nation, so I will predict it based on logically extending known events I have already described.
Local elites will give lip service to immigrant groups for votes but will be slow to give them real state or economic power. Citizenship rules may even be tightened to prevent immigrants from being elected. The elites will be mostly insulated from the cultural crises in their isolated communities, private schools, and social clubs, where they can continue to incubate their own sub-culture without outside influence. At the same time, they will make speeches and enact polices to force native citizens to accept multiculturalism and blind immigration. Anti-hate and anti-discrimination laws will be more vigorously enforced than other more serious crimes. Police will monitor social networking to identify those who make statements against protected classes.
Cultural decline begins in earnest when the natives feel shame or guilt for who they are, their history, their way of life, and where their ancestors came from. They will let immigrant groups criticize their customs without protest, or they simply embrace immigrant customs instead with religious conversion and interethnic marriages. Nationalistic pride will be condemned as a far-right phenomenon and popular nationalistic politicians will be compared to Hitler. Natives learn the art of self-censorship, limiting the range of their speech and expressions, and soon only the elderly can speak the truths of the cultural decline while a younger multiculturalist within earshot attributes such frankness to senility or racist nostalgia.
With the already entrenched environment of political correctness (see stage 2), the local culture becomes a sort of world culture that can be declared tolerant and progressive as long as there is a lack of criticism against immigrants, multiculturalism, and their combined influence. All cultural identity will eventually be lost, and to be American or British, for example, will no longer have modern meaning from a sociological perspective. Native traditions will be eradicated and a cultural mixing will take place where citizens from one world nation will be nearly identical in behavior, thought, and consumer tastes to citizens of another. Once a collapse occurs, it cannot be reversed. The nations cultural heritage will be forever lost.
I want to now take a brief look at six different countries and see where they are along the cultural collapse progression
This is an interesting case because, up to recently, we saw very low birth rates not due to progressive ideals but from a rough transition to capitalism in the 1990s and a high male mortality from alcoholism.  To help sustain its population, Russia is readily accepting immigrants from Central Asian regions, treating them like second-class citizens and refusing to make any accommodations away from the ethnic Russian way of life. Even police authorities turn a blind eye when local skinhead groups attack immigrants. In addition, Russia has also shown no tolerance to homosexual or progressive groups, stunting their negative effects upon the culture. The birth rate has risen in recent years to levels seen in Western Europe but its still not above the death rate. Russia will see a population collapse before a cultural one.
Likelihood of 50-year cultural collapse: Very low
Were seeing rapid movement through stages 2 and 3, where progressive ideology based on the American model is becoming adopted and a large poor population ensure progressive politicians will continue to remain in power with promises of economic redistribution.   Within 15 years we should see a sharp drop in birth rates and a relaxation of immigration laws.
Likelihood of 50-year cultural collapse: Moderate
Some could argue that America is currently experiencing a cultural collapse. It always had a fragile culture because of its immigrant foundings, but immigrants of the past (including my own parents) rapidly acclimated into the host culture to create a sense of national pride around an ethic of hard work and shared democratic values. This is being eroded as a fem-centric culture rises in its place, with its focus on trends, celebrities, homosexuality, multiculturalism, and male-bashing. Natives have become pleasure seekers with little inclination to reproduction during their years of peak fertility.
Likelihood of 50-year cultural collapse: Very high
While America always had high amounts of immigration, and therefore a system of integration, England is newer to the game. In the past 20 years, they have massively ramped up their immigration efforts. A visit to London will confirm that the native British are slowly becoming minorities, with their iconic red telephone booths left undisturbed purely for tourist photo opportunities. Approximately 5% of the English population is now Muslim. Instead of acclimatizing, they are achieving early success in creating zones with Sharia law. The English elite, in response, is jailing natives under stringent anti-race laws. England had a highly successful immigration story with Polish immigrants who eagerly acclimated to English culture, but have opened the doors to other peoples who dont want to integrate.
Likelihood of 50-year cultural collapse: Very high
Sweden is experiencing a similar immigration situation to England, but they possess a higher amount of self-shame and white guilt. Instead of allowing immigrants who could work in the Swedish economy, they are encouraging migration of asylum seekers who have been made destitute by war. These immigrants enter Sweden and immediately receive social benefits. In effect, Sweden is welcoming the least economically productive people in the world. The immigrants will produce little or no economic benefit, and may even worsen Swedens economy. Immigrants are turning some parts of Sweden, such as the Rosengard area of Malmo, into a ghetto.
Likelihood of 50-year cultural collapse: Very high
From my one and half years of living in Poland, I have seen a moderate level of progressive ideological creep, careerism among women, hedonism, and idolation of Western values, particularly out of England, where a large percentage of the Polish population have emigrated for work. Younger Poles may not act much different from their Western counterparts in their party lifestyle behavior, but there nonetheless remains a tenuous maintenance of traditional sex roles. Women of fertile age are pursuing relationships over one-night stands, but careerism is causing them to stall family formation. This puts a downward pressure on birth rates, which stems from significant numbers of fertile young women emigrating to countries like the UK and USA, along with continued economic uncertainties faced from transitioning to capitalism. As Europes least multicultural nation, Poland has long been hesitant to accept immigrants, but this has recently changed and they are encouraging migrants. To its credit, it is seeking first-world entrepreneurs instead of low skilled laborers or asylum seekers. Its cultural fate will be an interesting development in the years to come, but the prognosis will be more negative as long as its young people are eager to leave the homeland.
Likelihood of 50-year cultural collapse: Possible
Poland and Russia show the limitations of Cultural Collapse Theory in that it best applies to first-world nations with highly developed economies. They have low birth rates but not through the mechanism I described, though if they adopt a more Western ideological track like Brazil, I expect to see the same outcome that is befalling England or Sweden.
There can be many paths to cultural destruction, and those nations with the most similarities will gravitate towards the same path, just like how Eastern European nations are suffering low birth rates because of mass emigration due to being introduced into the European Union.
Maintaining native birth rates while preventing the elite from allowing immigrant labor is the most effective means at preventing cultural collapse. Since multiculturalism is an experiment with no proven efficacy, a culture can only be maintained by a relatively homogenous group who identify with each other. When that homogeneity breaks down and one citizen looks to the next and does not see a person with the same values as himself, the culture falls in dis-repair as native citizens begin to lose a shared means of communication and identity. Once the percentage of the immigrant population crosses a certain threshold (perhaps 15%), the decline will pick up in pace and cultural breakdown will be readily apparent to all observers.
Current policies to solve low birth rates through immigration is a short-term fix with dire long-term consequences. In effect, its a Trojan-horse prescription of irreversible cultural destruction. A state must prevent itself from entering the position where mass immigration is considered a solution by blocking progressive ideologies from taking hold. One way this can be done is through the promotion of a state-sponsored religion which encourages the nuclear family instead of single motherhood and homosexuality. However, introducing religion as a mainstay of citizen life in the post-enlightenment era may be impossible.
We must consider that the scientific era is an evolutionary maladaptive feature of humanity that natural selection will accordingly punish (i.e. those who are anti-religious and pro-science will simply breed less). It must also be considered that with religion in permanent decline, cultural collapse may be a certainty that eventually occurs in all developed nations. Religion, it may turn out, was evolutionary beneficial to the human race.
Another possible solution is to foster a patriarchal society where men serve as strong providers. If you encourage the development of successful men who possess indispensable skills and therefore resources that are lacked by females, there will be women below their station who want to marry and procreate with them, but if strong women are produced instead, marriage and procreation is unlikely to take place at levels above the death rate.
A gap between the sexes should always exist in the favor of men if procreation is to occur at high rates, or else youll have something similar to the situation in America where urban professional women cannot find good men to begin a family with (i.e., men who are significantly more financially successful than them). They instead remain single and barren, only used occasionally by cads for exciting casual sex.
One issue that I purposefully ignored is the effect of technology and consumerism on lowering birth rates. How much influence does video games, internet, and smartphones contribute to a birth decline? How much of an effect does Western-style consumerism have in delaying marriage? I suspect they have more of an amplification effect than being an outright cause. If a country is proceeding through the cultural collapse model, technology will simply hurry the collapse, but giving internet access to a traditionally religious group of people may not cause them to flip overnight. Research will have to be done in these areas to say for sure.
The first iteration of any theory is sure to create as many questions as answers, but I hope that by proposing this model, it becomes more clear why some cultures seem so quick to degrade while others display a sort of immunity. Some countries may be too far down the wrong path to be saved, but I hope the information presented gives concerned readers ideas on protecting their own culture by allowing them to connect how progressive ideologies that may seem innocent or benign on the surface can eventually lead to an outright collapse of their nations culture.
If you like this article and are concerned about the future of the Western world, check out Roosh’s book Free Speech Isn’t Free. It gives an inside look to how the globalist establishment is attempting to marginalize masculine men with a leftist agenda that promotes censorship, feminism, and sterility. It also shares key knowledge and tools that you can use to defend yourself against social justice attacks. Click here to learn more about the book. Your support will help maintain our operation.
- Censorship - Wikipedia - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship | Article about censorship by The Free Dictionary - April 26th, 2019
- censorship | Definition of censorship in English by Oxford ... - April 26th, 2019
- On Censorship - The Catholic Thing - April 26th, 2019
- Government censorship | Article about Government censorship ... - April 26th, 2019
- censorship - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship dictionary definition | censorship defined - April 26th, 2019
- How Media Censorship Affects the News You See - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship - Definition, Examples, Cases - Legal Dictionary - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship | Encyclopedia.com - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship - definition of censorship by The Free Dictionary - April 26th, 2019
- Censorship - Wikipedia - April 20th, 2019
- Censorship - definition of censorship by The Free Dictionary - April 20th, 2019
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - April 20th, 2019
- censorship | Definition of censorship in English by Oxford ... - April 20th, 2019
- Government censorship | Article about Government ... - April 20th, 2019
- Censorship - Wikipedia - April 15th, 2019
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - April 15th, 2019
- censorship | Definition of censorship in English by Oxford ... - April 15th, 2019
- China Is Trying to Scrub Bikinis and Smoking From the Internet - April 11th, 2019
- Censorship - Wikipedia - March 6th, 2019
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - March 6th, 2019
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - March 6th, 2019
- Government censorship | Article about Government ... - March 6th, 2019
- Censorship - Definition, Examples, Cases - Legal Dictionary - March 6th, 2019
- American Censorship - The Government's Act of Altering Media - January 12th, 2019
- Censorship - Wikipedia - January 5th, 2019
- American Censorship - The Government's Act of Altering Media - January 5th, 2019
- Censorship - Wikipedia - January 3rd, 2019
- Censorship | Article about censorship by The Free Dictionary - January 3rd, 2019
- Censorship - definition of censorship by The Free Dictionary - January 3rd, 2019
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - January 3rd, 2019
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - January 3rd, 2019
- censorship | Definition of censorship in English by Oxford ... - January 3rd, 2019
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - January 3rd, 2019
- Censorship - Definition, Examples, Cases - Legal Dictionary - January 3rd, 2019
- Censorship - Wikipedia - December 19th, 2018
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - December 19th, 2018
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - December 19th, 2018
- Censorship - definition of censorship by The Free Dictionary - December 19th, 2018
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - December 19th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - December 7th, 2018
- American Censorship - The Government's Act of Altering Media - December 7th, 2018
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - December 3rd, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - December 3rd, 2018
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - December 3rd, 2018
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - December 3rd, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - November 10th, 2018
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - November 10th, 2018
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - November 10th, 2018
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - November 10th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - November 6th, 2018
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - November 6th, 2018
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - November 6th, 2018
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - November 6th, 2018
- Censorship - Definition, Examples, Cases - Legal Dictionary - November 6th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - November 3rd, 2018
- Censorship - definition of censorship by The Free Dictionary - October 25th, 2018
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - October 25th, 2018
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - October 25th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - October 14th, 2018
- Censorship | Article about censorship by The Free Dictionary - October 3rd, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - October 3rd, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - September 28th, 2018
- What Is Censorship? | American Civil Liberties Union - September 28th, 2018
- Censorship | Definition of Censorship by Merriam-Webster - September 28th, 2018
- Censorship Synonyms, Censorship Antonyms | Thesaurus.com - September 12th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - September 7th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - August 20th, 2018
- Godless Comedy YouTube Censorship - Godless Comedy - August 20th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - August 19th, 2018
- Sen. Chris Murphy calls for more Silicon Valley censorship ... - August 13th, 2018
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - August 13th, 2018
- Censorship of Facebook - Wikipedia - August 2nd, 2018
- Censorship - definition of censorship by The Free Dictionary - July 26th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - July 16th, 2018
- Censorship | Define Censorship at Dictionary.com - June 28th, 2018
- Censorship - Wikipedia - June 22nd, 2018
- Project Censored - The News that Didn't Make the News and Why - June 22nd, 2018