Milano Arch Week The week dedicated to architecture June 1218, 2017
Triennale di Milano Viale Alemagna, 6 20121 Milan Italy
Click here to download the full program
Milano Arch Week, sevendays in which Milano will host events dedicated to the future of architecture and of cities, with Stefano Boeri as curator and promoted by the City of Milan, the Politecnico di Milano and the Triennale.
The events start on Monday,June 12 with a pre-opening party at Fondazione Catella. From that moment on the Milano Arch Week will be hosted at the Patio of the Architecture School of the Politecnico di Milano on Tuesday, June13with the attendance of Chancellor Ferruccio Resta and the Triennales Vicepresident Clarice Pecori Girardiand from Wednesday, June14to Saturday, June 17will occupy both the garden and the internal spaces of the Triennale di Milano located in viale Alemagna.
Milano Arch Week will be characterized by the participation of many leading actors in the international architectural scene, such as the Catalan RCR, Pritzker Award winners of 2017, and the North American Master Peter Eisenman. The list of attendees continues with Elizabeth Diller, designer of the renowned New York City High Line and Francis Kr, the Burkina Faso architect designer of the future Serpentine Gallery Pavilion in London. The events will host also many other well-known international architects like Winy Maas (MVRDV), Giancarlo Mazzanti, Philippe Rahm, Sam Jacob, Martin Videgrd, Petra Blaisse (designer of Milans new Porta Nuova Park), and the Chinese urbanist Lee Xianing.
Many worldwide known Italian architects will be involved in the initiative as well: Alessandro Mendini, Cino Zucchi, Michele De Lucchi, Benedetta Tagliabue, Italo Rota, Carlo Ratti, Patricia Urquiola, Mario Bellini, as well as Archea, TAM associati, AouMM, Baukuh, Piuarch, 5+1 aa, OBR, Metrogramma, Startt, LAN, Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli from OMA and many more.
A section of Milano Arch Week is dedicated to emerging Italian architecture groups, including Parasite 2.0, Raumplan, Small, Fosbury Architecture and Waiting Posthuman Studio, that will take place inside the Triennale garden.
The week will be characterized also by times of reflection dedicated to great Masters of Italian architecture and culture, such as Aldo Rossi (commemorating 20 years from his passing with a reading session of Giovanni Testori texts) and Ettore Sottsass (as an anticipation to the planned autumn exhibition at the Triennale). An exhibition will be dedicated to the Florentine architect Vittorio Giorgini, precursor of zoomorphic architecture, curated by Emilia Giorgi, will be exhibited at the Quadreria.
On Friday, June 16, at 6:30pm, the Triennales Salone dOnore will house a great party, a tribute to Gillo Dorfles, 107 years old, and attended by Milanos mayor Giuseppe Sala.
Milano Arch Week will then end on Sunday morning with a preview visit to the new swimming pools building within the bounds of Franco Parentis Theatre. Many additional events related to architecture will be held in other city locations for the entire week, such as walks, VespArch scooter excursions, guided visits to Milans architecture by architects, open studios, and more.
Particular attention will be given to the relationship between architecture and other arts, such as cinema, through the contributions of Amos Gitai, Paolo Vari and Davide Rapp with Giorgio Zangrandi; ohotography, with the participation of Oliviero Toscani, Paolo Rosselli and Antonio Ottomanelli; art, through the involvement of artists such as Adrian Paci; and theatre, with a special event dedicated to Luca Ronconi, at Teatro dellArte, directed by Margherita Palli and Giovanni Agosti, and an unique show schedule directed by Umberto Angelini.
Many themes will be discussed and examined during Milano Arch Week, such as the periphery of contemporary cities, social differences, urban transformations and the great challenge of the Central Italian reconstruction (attended by, among others, Commissioner Vasco Errani). Other themes that will be analyzed and include international conflicts (through the participation of the Israeli architect Eyal Weizman) and the relationship between Architecture and Geopolitics in the development of African cities.
In the evenings the Triennales garden will light up and house reflective moments interlaced with shows and entertainment.
Go here to read the rest:
- Ozzfest 2001: Where Are They Now? The Second Millennium - Metal Injection.net - August 20th, 2017
- How religious and non-religious people view the apocalypse - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists - August 20th, 2017
- What to See in New York Art Galleries This Week - New York Times - August 18th, 2017
- Dawn of posthuman age - The Statesman - August 14th, 2017
- 9th Beyond Humanism Conference Wrap Up - Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies - August 11th, 2017
- Posthuman advertising: does AI spell the end of media and marketing as we know it? - Marketing magazine Australia (registration) - August 8th, 2017
- July 31, 2017 - Nam June Paik Art Center - Our Bright Future-Cybernetic Fantasy - E-Flux - August 2nd, 2017
- Q&A with MCA's Anna Davis | ArtsHub Australia - ArtsHub (subscription) - July 31st, 2017
- Pulitzer Prize Winner Jorie Graham's Collection of Poetry, 'Fast', Will Haunt You, Beautifully - PopMatters - July 25th, 2017
- An Interview With Rick Rosner on Women and the Future (Part 4) - The Good Men Project (blog) - July 9th, 2017
- Why We're Probably Living in a Computer Simulation - Inverse - June 24th, 2017
- The body electric - Arkansas Times - June 8th, 2017
- Inaugural Milano Arch Week - E-Flux - May 26th, 2017
- How the Androids Took Over the Alien Franchise - New Republic - May 23rd, 2017
- Our Posthuman Future - Wikipedia - May 20th, 2017
- Oklahoma filmmaker Kyle Roberts roars back into the 1920s with ... - NewsOK.com - May 13th, 2017
- ARCH+ 228: "StadtlandThe New Rurbanism" - E-Flux - April 27th, 2017
- No Man's Universe - The Escapist - April 14th, 2017
- March Madness in the Meatpacking District - The New Yorker - March 31st, 2017
- Supergirl Season 2 Episode 16 Review: Star-Crossed - Den of Geek US - March 21st, 2017
- Musk and Bostrom's computer simulation theory isn't as crazy as it first sounds - The Plaid Zebra (blog) - March 10th, 2017
- At the Spencer, surprises from new Asian artists - Pitch Weekly - March 7th, 2017
- The Ninja Tune forum has shut down after 19 years - FACT - March 6th, 2017
- Things Are Super Weird Right Now, but It's Not a Glitch in the Matrix, Says Harvard Physicist - ScienceAlert - March 4th, 2017
- '10 Years of I Love Acid' compilation comes on a 303-shaped USB stick - Mixmag - February 28th, 2017
- I Love Acid's 10th anniversary compilation comes on a 303-shaped USB stick - FACT - February 28th, 2017
- Posthuman EP | Cosmic Bridge Records - February 24th, 2017
- Btonsalon Center for Art and Research - E-Flux - February 22nd, 2017
- Prairie Pop: NPR's Codrescu breaks down Dadaism's ongoing influence - Little Village - February 14th, 2017
- Will we control innovation or will it control us? - The Daily Courier (subscription) - February 12th, 2017
- The Ethics of Innovation: Creativity, Machines, and Artificial Intelligence - Kootenay News Advertiser - February 10th, 2017
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) - E-Flux - February 6th, 2017
- ACADIA | 2016 Conference - November 30th, 2016
- N. Katherine Hayles - Wikipedia - November 25th, 2016
- New Romance: art and the posthuman :: Museum of ... - November 21st, 2016
- Rise of the Posthuman Technocracy : Waking Times - November 21st, 2016
- Marilyn Manson: Posthuman - YouTube - November 6th, 2016
- Amazon.com: The Posthuman (9780745641584): Rosi Braidotti ... - September 8th, 2016
- Plurilogue: The Posthuman - June 27th, 2016
- The Posthuman Manifesto by Robert Pepperell, Kritikos V.2 ... - May 4th, 2016
- Posthuman NewArrival - Miniature Market - February 23rd, 2016
- Posthuman Futures | abhominal | experimentations on the ... - January 2nd, 2016
- Book - Rosi Braidotti - The Posthuman - December 27th, 2015
- Singularity (Posthuman transcension) - Palaeos - December 20th, 2015
- Posthuman | Board Game | BoardGameGeek - December 14th, 2015
- Posthuman | Board Game | BoardGameGeek - December 14th, 2015
- The Posthuman Project: Official Trailer #1 - YouTube - October 15th, 2015
- Review of Our Posthuman Future - September 7th, 2015
- In Defense of Posthuman Dignity - Nick Bostrom - August 22nd, 2015
- Kenan Malik's review of Our Posthuman Future by Francis ... - August 19th, 2015
- What does it mean to be posthuman? - New Scientist - August 17th, 2015
- Katherine Hayles, How We Became Posthuman, prologue - August 15th, 2015
- The Posthuman Project: Official Trailer #2 - YouTube - August 15th, 2015
- Posthumanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 28th, 2015
- PostHuman (2012) - IMDb - July 21st, 2015