All it takes is a Hoppe, skip and a jump for those, who are joking online about throwing communists from helicopters, to justify their actions.
A growing wave of libertarians and anarcho-capitalists are finding themselves drawn to the world of anti-communist rhetoric, which extends to the nth degree. So, is commie killing a justified response to the violation of the NAP, or is this simply lunacy concocted to ideologically discriminate? Where does the line between threat and belief system exist?
To discover this, we must first look at the emerging resurgence of Hans-Hermann Hoppe and his beliefs, through the Facebook page Hoppean Snake Memes. Its a page which has amassed nearly seventeen thousand likes for its ideological tint, which takes heavy opposition to Marxism and Leninism; ideologies which are acting in opposition to anarcho-capitalism.
Just as one must fight to maintain their freedom, one must also work to secure their own free society. The difference between an anarcho-capitalist society and an anarcho-individualist society is based on the premise of the left and right dichotomy, with anarcho-capitalists representing the right-wing and property rights, and the anarcho-individualists representing the left-wing and communism.
Anarcho-individualism, as indicated through the works of Max Stirner, completely disregards pragmatism, societal progress and morality to favour the Ubermensch perspective of Friedrich Nietzsche, which essentially involves giving complete reign of ones life and actions over to the people to allow them to decide their life based on their own moral compass.
Essentially, given the rise of groups such as Antifa which run contrary to the libertarian principles of personal and property rights Hoppean Snake Memes takes a hyperbolic approach to Hoppes original views by mixing them with Augusto Pinochets historically notorious habit of dropping communists from helicopters.
The death of communists is seen very much in the same way that one would see the killing of ISIS regardless of whether or not individual ISIS members have committed atrocities, their group is reason enough for suspicion and consequential action to be taken to stop it. Given that groups such as Antifa and ISIS threaten the peace and prosperity of societal participants (since communism and Islam represent the two biggest terror threats in the world at the moment), it is clear that action must be taken.
I interviewed the administrator of the Facebook page who simply went by the monicker Snek for the purposes of conversation; he elaborated on his disdain for communism, which he saw as antithetical to a society which follows along a pathway of objective self-servience and capital-based individualism.
When I say communist, I am referring to one who advocates gulags. Not simply worker control of the means of production. I have nothing against worker control of the MOP, provided its all voluntary, et cetera et cetera.
Upon being pressed as to how this runs contrary to freedom of association and freedom of speech, the terminology of threat was used to justify the way in which communist advocacy works; their ideals stomping over the civil liberties of person and property.
This, paired with the forced radicalism of groups such as Antifa, is now acting as the basis for an emerging ideology that pairs anarchism with practicality, in order to minimise big government to small government and gradually make the transition to a stateless society. This is why the forces in question have fallen in love with the bombastic reductions taken by Donald Trump; reductions which run counter to the prior Democratic tendency to slip down a slippery slope and fall into a pit of authoritarian tripe (think Franklin D. Roosevelt). This heavy focus on pragmatism for libertarianism has led followers to co-opt the alternative right and expand its audience in the retaliation against leftism.
Snek detailed the following:
It should be noted that the helicopter memes are, for the most part, an exaggeration; the purpose, though, is to provoke thought on what is to be considered legitimate self-defence. The argument that Pinochet did nothing wrong stems from the argument that Allende would have been worse. Allende had very close ties to MIR and Castro, judging by Castros actions we know that if Allende was even remotely like him, Allende would have been objectively worse than Pinochet, in terms of human rights violations.
Given the low polling numbers of the Libertarian Party and the fact that the ideology has as much momentum behind it as a Snorlax on a bridge, can one really blame a frustrated branch of Austrian economics for a kneejerk reaction to the left and their omnipresent threat of attack on our fundamental rights?
Out of the philosophical and epistemological questions that lie behind the nebulous terminology of the NAP, it should be determined (at least to some extent) by the public consensus what is considered justifiable retaliation.
Do you approve of the commie killin freedom fighters, or do you simply see them as being full of Pinoshit?
We here at Being Libertarian are not at liberty (ironically) to disclose our personal position on ideological discrimination, however, we must advocate peace towards your fellow man, to set a good example for the thieves more extreme members of the left.
And stay up to date with all my articles on my personal Facebook page.
This post was written by David McManus.
The views expressed here belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect our views and opinions.
David McManus has an extensive background in youth politics and of advocacy with regards to the libertarian and anarcho-capitalist movements. David draws his values from the works of Stirner, Hoppe and Rothbard. He is currently a student in Australia with a passion for writing, which carries into a healthy zest for liberty-based activism. Despite an aspiring career in politics, he considers himself a writer at heart with a steady niche for freelance work.
Here is the original post:
Libertarianism, Helicopters, and Leftists – Being Libertarian
- The Libertarianism-to-Fascism Pipeline - National Review - August 25th, 2017
- Does libertarianism have an alt-right problem? - Washington Post - August 25th, 2017
- Now the Libertarians have known sin: Reckoning with the rise of the alt-right - Salon - August 25th, 2017
- How The Libertarian Party's Partisan Politics Hurts Libertarianism - The Liberty Conservative - August 25th, 2017
- Libertarians wrestle with the alt-right | News | mcdowellnews.com - McDowell News - August 25th, 2017
- The Insidious Libertarian-to-Alt-Right Pipeline - Daily Beast - August 22nd, 2017
- The conservative and libertarian movements need to purge white supremacists leaders, ideology - Hot Air - August 22nd, 2017
- Marxism, Nazism and a Potentially Radical Theory for Libertarianism - Being Libertarian - August 20th, 2017
- Is the Encyclopedia of Libertarianism like Wikipedia? - Cato Institute (blog) - August 20th, 2017
- Learn the History of Liberty with the Encyclopedia of Libertarianism - Cato Institute (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Political correctness attacks the entire learning process - Washington Examiner - August 11th, 2017
- The Google Memo Exposes a Libertarian Blindspot When It Comes To Power - Reason (blog) - August 11th, 2017
- Is There a Second Libertarian Running for Governor of Virginia? - Reason (blog) - August 10th, 2017
- Public Choice Theory and the Politics of Good and Evil - Niskanen Center (press release) (blog) - August 10th, 2017
- Libertarian Hyra Cracks 8% in VCU Poll - Bacon's Rebellion - August 9th, 2017
- Libertarianism Was Born In Westminster And Other Historical Party Facts - Colorado Public Radio - August 8th, 2017
- Defending Jeff Deist From The Politically Correct Libertarians - The Liberty Conservative - August 8th, 2017
- This Texas Town Went Full Libertarian and Hilarity Ensued - Esquire.com - August 8th, 2017
- 8 Tips for New and Aspiring Libertarian Writers The Chief's Thoughts - Being Libertarian - August 5th, 2017
- Do Too Many Libertarians Celebrate a False 'Perfection of the Market'? [Podcast] - Reason (blog) - August 5th, 2017
- Traditionally conservative college students reject the vocal liberalism and libertarianism of their peers. - National Review - August 4th, 2017
- Tevye the Milkman, Libertarianism, and the Open Borders Fantasy - Ricochet.com - August 4th, 2017
- Why the Youth in the UK are Generally Left, and Why They Should Prefer Libertarianism - Being Libertarian - August 3rd, 2017
- To Duke Historian Nancy MacLean, Advocating Free Markets Is Something 'The World Has Never Seen Anything Like ... - Reason (blog) - August 3rd, 2017
- Is it Time to Retire the Duopoly? - Being Libertarian - August 3rd, 2017
- Red Dirt Liberty Report: Unprincipled Moderation - Being Libertarian - August 1st, 2017
- The Libertarian Split Continues As Blood And Soil Speech Triggers Another Racial Witch Hunt - The Liberty Conservative - August 1st, 2017
- Godlessness Leads to Socialism - Being Libertarian - August 1st, 2017
- What the 'Government Schools' Critics Really Mean - New York Times - July 31st, 2017
- Libertarians, Don't Become What We Hate About the Left and Right What Are We Thinking? - Being Libertarian - July 31st, 2017
- Is Star Trek Icon William Shatner a Libertarian? - The American Conservative - July 27th, 2017
- Is Star Trek Icon William Shatner a Libertarian? | The American ... - The American Conservative - July 24th, 2017
- Greg Gutfeld: Trump Turned Liberals Into Dean Wormer [Podcast] - Reason (blog) - July 22nd, 2017
- How influential was James Buchanan among libertarians? - Washington Post - July 19th, 2017
- Goodbye, Joe Scarborough. Hello, Kid Rock. - Hot Air - July 17th, 2017
- Today's Libertarians Got the Border Debate Wrong The Lowdown on Liberty - Being Libertarian (satire) - July 15th, 2017
- Fanning the Flames of Liberal Paranoia About Libertarians - Independent Women's Forum - July 13th, 2017
- Can Libertarian Cliff Hyra Make a Dent in the Virginia Governor's ... - Reason - July 10th, 2017
- Embracing Libertarianism Will Make You a Better American - Being Libertarian - July 10th, 2017
- Natural-Law Libertarianism And The Pursuit Of Justice - The Liberty Conservative - July 7th, 2017
- Trump, May, and Autocratic Libertarianism - Bright Green - July 7th, 2017
- Shortcuts & Delusions: We're All Gonna Die! - Being Libertarian (satire) - July 7th, 2017
- Exclusive: Libertarian Activist Austin Petersen Is Running for US Senate...as a Republican! [Reason Podcast] - Reason (blog) - July 5th, 2017
- Is Libertarianism a 'Stealth Plan' To Destroy America? - Reason (blog) - July 4th, 2017
- Nancy MacLean's Ideologically Motivated Shortcuts - National Review - July 1st, 2017
- Brazil's Rand Paul: Can Libertarianism Fix Crime and Corruption? - OZY - June 30th, 2017
- Libertarians Still Arguing About Gary Johnson's 2016 Campaign - Reason (blog) - June 30th, 2017
- A libertarian leader can save the GOP from white nationalism - The Diamondback - June 29th, 2017
- New Hampshire Now Has Third Sitting Libertarian Party Legislator - Reason (blog) - June 29th, 2017
- What Do 'Women in Liberty' Want? Five Female Libertarians Discuss - Reason (blog) - June 29th, 2017
- Anarcho-Capitalists: A Threat Within the Libertarian Movement - Being Libertarian - June 29th, 2017
- Some dubious claims in Nancy MacLean's 'Democracy in Chains' - Washington Post - June 29th, 2017
- Do Libertarian Voters Actually Exist? Yes, and in Droves [Reason Podcast] - Reason (blog) - June 29th, 2017
- Libertarianism - Simple English Wikipedia, the free ... - June 28th, 2017
- Response to 10 Ways Not to Make Your Friends Libertarian - Being Libertarian - June 28th, 2017
- Urban Dictionary: libertarianism - June 27th, 2017
- If the Church Condemns Socialism, She Condemns Modern Conservatism - Patheos (blog) - June 27th, 2017
- Beautiful Infinity: A Libertarian Theory on Race - Being Libertarian - June 26th, 2017
- The Obvious Problem With the 'Simple' GOP Solution for Health Care - The Fiscal Times - June 26th, 2017
- Alex Jones does NOT represent libertarians - Conservative Review - June 24th, 2017
- 'Democracy In Chains' Traces The Rise Of American Libertarianism - NPR - June 21st, 2017
- New Study Shows What Really Happened in the 2016 Election - New York Magazine - June 21st, 2017
- 'Democracy In Chains' Traces The Rise Of American Libertarianism - WPSU - June 19th, 2017
- The Grenfell Tower Fire and Political Libertarianism - Patheos (blog) - June 19th, 2017
- 'Democracy In Chains' Traces The Rise Of American Libertarianism - NPR Illinois | 91.9 UIS - June 18th, 2017
- Peter Espeut | Libertarianism or the common good? - Jamaica Gleaner - June 16th, 2017
- Comics and Liberty: How Basic Libertarian Principles Parallel Comic ... - The Libertarian Republic - June 16th, 2017
- The Rise and Fall of Prog Rockand of Libertarianism [Reason Podcast] - Reason (blog) - June 15th, 2017
- Freedom Philosophy: The Death of The Left/Right Divide - Being Libertarian - June 15th, 2017
- The Problem Of Libertarian Infighting - Being Libertarian - June 14th, 2017
- A Socialist Answers Five Questions From A Libertarian - Patheos (blog) - June 14th, 2017
- How to Get to Liberaltarianism from the Left - Niskanen Center (press release) (blog) - June 12th, 2017
- The extent to which a state should exist - Being Libertarian - June 11th, 2017
- When Worlds Collude: Hoppe, Bruenig, and their shared vision of the libertarian future (II) - Nolan Chart LLC - June 11th, 2017
- Five Ways to Get Friends to Hate Minimum Wage Laws - Being Libertarian - June 11th, 2017
- When Worlds Collude: Hoppe, Bruenig, and their shared vision of the libertarian future (I) - Nolan Chart LLC - June 10th, 2017
- The case for libertarianism in American politics - The Hill (blog) - June 8th, 2017
- The Enemy of Your Enemy is No Friend of Liberty - The Libertarian Republic - June 7th, 2017
- 10 Ways Not To Make Your Friends Libertarian - Being Libertarian - June 6th, 2017
- Helen Milenski Appointed Acting Chair Of Los Alamos County Affiliate Of Libertarian Party Of New Mexico - Los Alamos Daily Post - June 5th, 2017