Inaugural Milano Arch Week June 1218, 2017
The Milano ArchitectureWeek, promoted by the Municipality, the Politecnico and the Triennale, is about to take off.
The Milano Arch Week, a week full of events dedicated to architecture with the artistic direction of Stefano Boeri, will be characterised by the presence of top-level architects, including: the Catalan office RCR Arquitectes, winners of the 2017 Pritzker Prize; the great North American maestro Peter Eisenman; Liz Diller, designer of the New York High Line; and Francis Kr, an emerging African architect in charge of designing the Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2017. There will also be well-known international architects such as Winy Maas, Philippe Rahm, Sam Jacob and Petra Blaisse (author of the new Porta Nuova Park), as well as Italian architects such as Alessandro Mendini, Cino Zucchi, Benedetta Tagliabue, Italo Rota, Mario Bellini, Michele De Lucchi and many more.
A section of the Milano Arch Week, located in the Triennale gardens, will be dedicated to young emerging Italian and international groups, such as, Fosbury Architecture, Raumplan, Baukuh, Parasite 2.0 and the Waiting Posthuman Studio.
The Milano Arch Weekopens on Monday, June 12with a party at the Catella Foundation and will take place in two locations: on Tuesday,June 13 in the Patio of the School of Architecture of the Politecnico di Milano and from Wednesday, June 14to Saturday, June 17in the halls of the Triennale and in Teatro Burri inside Parco Sempione.
Mornings will be dedicated to walks, scooter forays (Stefano Boeri has created the VespArch formula) and guided tours to Milans architectural beauties and to the city itself. These itineraries will unwind among the House-Museums of Milan designers (such as Castiglioni, Albini, Magistretti, Portaluppi), as well as new cultural locations, disused freight terminals and urban suburbs. There will be events organised by the Architects’ Professional Association, which will also look after the opening of professional studios in Milan on Friday and Saturday.
Artists and designers from other disciplines such as director Amos Gitai, photographer Oliviero Toscani, Albanian artist Adrian Paci, will be involved.
There will also be moments of reflection dedicated to the great Masters of Architecture and Italian Design such as Aldo Rossi and Ettore Sottsass. And there will be moments of celebration such as the one dedicated to celebrating Gillo Dorfles 107 years.
Milano Arch Week will host various debates concerning the problems of contemporary citiesthe suburbs, poverty, social inequalitiesurban transformation and the vast theme of rebuilding Central Italy, with the presence of Commissioner Vasco Errani and the coordinator of Casa Italia Giovanni Azzone.
Among the many entertainment moments linked to major City and architectural issues, there will also bean evening dedicated to Renato Pozzetto and to his thoughts on the city and architecture, a Metropolitan Night by Zero staged at the Teatro Burri, a Botanica event with plant neurobiologist Stefano Mancusoand a final evening dedicated to Suburban Culture with artists and designers.
Milano Arch Week will end on Sunday morning with an ArchiBrunch held at the Bagni Misteriosi in the former Piscina Caimi and a preview visit to the new Palazzina constructed within the perimeter of the Teatro Franco Parenti.
For further info: http://www.milanoarchweek.eu
Municipality of Milan Press Office Secretariat: T +39 02 884 50150 /comunicazione.ufficiostampa [at] comune.milano.it
Politecnico di Milano Media Relations Office:T +39 02 2399 2508 / relazionimedia [at] polimi.it
The Triennale di Milano Media Relations and Press office:T +39 2 7243 4247 /press [at] triennale.org
See original here:
- Ozzfest 2001: Where Are They Now? The Second Millennium - Metal Injection.net - August 20th, 2017
- How religious and non-religious people view the apocalypse - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists - August 20th, 2017
- What to See in New York Art Galleries This Week - New York Times - August 18th, 2017
- Dawn of posthuman age - The Statesman - August 14th, 2017
- 9th Beyond Humanism Conference Wrap Up - Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies - August 11th, 2017
- Posthuman advertising: does AI spell the end of media and marketing as we know it? - Marketing magazine Australia (registration) - August 8th, 2017
- July 31, 2017 - Nam June Paik Art Center - Our Bright Future-Cybernetic Fantasy - E-Flux - August 2nd, 2017
- Q&A with MCA's Anna Davis | ArtsHub Australia - ArtsHub (subscription) - July 31st, 2017
- Pulitzer Prize Winner Jorie Graham's Collection of Poetry, 'Fast', Will Haunt You, Beautifully - PopMatters - July 25th, 2017
- An Interview With Rick Rosner on Women and the Future (Part 4) - The Good Men Project (blog) - July 9th, 2017
- Why We're Probably Living in a Computer Simulation - Inverse - June 24th, 2017
- Milano Arch Week - E-Flux - June 14th, 2017
- The body electric - Arkansas Times - June 8th, 2017
- How the Androids Took Over the Alien Franchise - New Republic - May 23rd, 2017
- Our Posthuman Future - Wikipedia - May 20th, 2017
- Oklahoma filmmaker Kyle Roberts roars back into the 1920s with ... - NewsOK.com - May 13th, 2017
- ARCH+ 228: "StadtlandThe New Rurbanism" - E-Flux - April 27th, 2017
- No Man's Universe - The Escapist - April 14th, 2017
- March Madness in the Meatpacking District - The New Yorker - March 31st, 2017
- Supergirl Season 2 Episode 16 Review: Star-Crossed - Den of Geek US - March 21st, 2017
- Musk and Bostrom's computer simulation theory isn't as crazy as it first sounds - The Plaid Zebra (blog) - March 10th, 2017
- At the Spencer, surprises from new Asian artists - Pitch Weekly - March 7th, 2017
- The Ninja Tune forum has shut down after 19 years - FACT - March 6th, 2017
- Things Are Super Weird Right Now, but It's Not a Glitch in the Matrix, Says Harvard Physicist - ScienceAlert - March 4th, 2017
- '10 Years of I Love Acid' compilation comes on a 303-shaped USB stick - Mixmag - February 28th, 2017
- I Love Acid's 10th anniversary compilation comes on a 303-shaped USB stick - FACT - February 28th, 2017
- Posthuman EP | Cosmic Bridge Records - February 24th, 2017
- Btonsalon Center for Art and Research - E-Flux - February 22nd, 2017
- Prairie Pop: NPR's Codrescu breaks down Dadaism's ongoing influence - Little Village - February 14th, 2017
- Will we control innovation or will it control us? - The Daily Courier (subscription) - February 12th, 2017
- The Ethics of Innovation: Creativity, Machines, and Artificial Intelligence - Kootenay News Advertiser - February 10th, 2017
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) - E-Flux - February 6th, 2017
- ACADIA | 2016 Conference - November 30th, 2016
- N. Katherine Hayles - Wikipedia - November 25th, 2016
- New Romance: art and the posthuman :: Museum of ... - November 21st, 2016
- Rise of the Posthuman Technocracy : Waking Times - November 21st, 2016
- Marilyn Manson: Posthuman - YouTube - November 6th, 2016
- Amazon.com: The Posthuman (9780745641584): Rosi Braidotti ... - September 8th, 2016
- Plurilogue: The Posthuman - June 27th, 2016
- The Posthuman Manifesto by Robert Pepperell, Kritikos V.2 ... - May 4th, 2016
- Posthuman NewArrival - Miniature Market - February 23rd, 2016
- Posthuman Futures | abhominal | experimentations on the ... - January 2nd, 2016
- Book - Rosi Braidotti - The Posthuman - December 27th, 2015
- Singularity (Posthuman transcension) - Palaeos - December 20th, 2015
- Posthuman | Board Game | BoardGameGeek - December 14th, 2015
- Posthuman | Board Game | BoardGameGeek - December 14th, 2015
- The Posthuman Project: Official Trailer #1 - YouTube - October 15th, 2015
- Review of Our Posthuman Future - September 7th, 2015
- In Defense of Posthuman Dignity - Nick Bostrom - August 22nd, 2015
- Kenan Malik's review of Our Posthuman Future by Francis ... - August 19th, 2015
- What does it mean to be posthuman? - New Scientist - August 17th, 2015
- Katherine Hayles, How We Became Posthuman, prologue - August 15th, 2015
- The Posthuman Project: Official Trailer #2 - YouTube - August 15th, 2015
- Posthumanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - July 28th, 2015
- PostHuman (2012) - IMDb - July 21st, 2015