Image: DXC Technology
DXC Technology has reported its first quarter earnings for fiscal 2018, posting earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) of $245 million and $173 million in net income on revenue of $5.9 billion.
Global Business Services profit was $282 million on revenue of $2.267 billion, Global Infrastructure Services profit was $290 million on revenue of $2.969 billion, while the company’s United States Public Sector segment brought in $77 million in profit off the back of $677 million in revenue.
Overall, income before tax was $185 million in the first quarter, after outlaying $190 million in restructuring costs, $124 million in transaction and integration-related costs, and $120 million from the amortisation of acquired intangibles, the company said in its report.
The results are the first since the formation of DXC Technology in April, which was the result of the merger of Computer Sciences Corp (CSC) and the Enterprise Services arm of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE).
At the closure of the deal, the new $26 billion IT services giant boasted nearly 6,000 clients in more than 70 countries, with the combined companies claiming only a 15 percent overlap in accounts.
“In the first quarter, DXC Technology delivered on the revenue, profit, and cash flow roadmap that we laid out at our Investor Day,” DXC Technology chairman, president, and CEO Mike Lawrie said in a statement on Tuesday.
“We achieved several key merger integration milestones and are executing on our synergy plan. We have implemented the first phase of the plan and are on track to meet our targets of $1 billion of year-one cost savings in fiscal 2018 as well as $1.5 billion of run-rate cost savings exiting the year.
“We continue to lead our clients on their digital transformation journeys, leveraging efficiency gains in traditional IT to reinvest in digital solutions, including our own.”
DXC Technology Australia and New Zealand managing director Seelan Nayagam said the market took the company’s first quarter results positively, noting DXC’s share price rose by $3 at the close of Tuesday.
“I’m guessing they were happy,” he said. “The results globally and locally were good, but at the same time, the number of critical go-lives that happened with all of this stuff going on.”
During the quarter, Nayagam said the local arm of the global IT giant completed the upgrade of the Australian government’s Budget system, which he said despite taking quite a long time, showed him the local teams’ resilience to the end-client amid an organisational restructure.
Speaking with ZDNet, Nayagam said the ANZ business grew roughly 3 percent in the first quarter over the same period last year, but noted there were different performances displayed across the many arms of the local business.
He touted the overall business as doing well, with the consulting business in the local market boasting over 1,100 individual consultants.
During the quarter, DXC Technology announced the acquisition of Microsoft Dynamics 365 integrator Tribridge and its affiliate company, Concerto Cloud Services.
Under the acquisition agreement Tribridge was rebranded as Tribridge, a DXC Technology Company, while Concerto Cloud Services, which provides advisory services and fully-managed cloud solutions, is now DXC Concerto.
“The combination of Tribridge with DXC Eclipse significantly strengthens DXC’s role as a leading Microsoft Dynamics 365 systems integrator, greatly enhancing our ability to address client needs,” Lawrie said last month.
For the 2018 fiscal year, DXC Technology is expecting to report $24-$24.5 billion in revenue.
- Technology killing off corporate America: Average life span of companies under 20 years - CNBC - August 25th, 2017
- Automated technology isn't going anywhere and it's changing ... - USA TODAY - August 25th, 2017
- AMD Technology Falls Short... Really? - Seeking Alpha - August 25th, 2017
- Morgan Stanley: This next big technology trend could start the 'fourth industrial revolution' - CNBC - August 25th, 2017
- Mortgage technology provider Blend raised another $100 million led by Greylock - TechCrunch - August 25th, 2017
- Philips to build health technology center in Tennessee - ABC News - August 25th, 2017
- Melinda Gates: I spent my career in technology. I wasn't prepared for ... - Washington Post - August 25th, 2017
- Information technology can help build peace. This is how. - Washington Post - August 25th, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Is Set to Disrupt Every Industry--and Music Is Next - Inc.com - August 22nd, 2017
- Campus police using technology to solve and prevent crimes - The Rolla Daily News - August 22nd, 2017
- 3 ways blockchain technology will change how we game - VentureBeat - August 20th, 2017
- Kenyan Girls Use Technology to Combat Genital Cutting - Voice of America - August 20th, 2017
- Taking a stand on Charlottesville, technology companies seek balance with free speech - The Independent - August 20th, 2017
- Technology and the New Republic just never seemed to click - The Guardian - August 20th, 2017
- Arizona edges to front of states eyeing blockchain technology - Arizona Daily Star - August 18th, 2017
- How technology is about to transform the way we save cash forever - Telegraph.co.uk - August 18th, 2017
- Tester talks technology with local business leaders - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle - August 18th, 2017
- 5 Questions: Is your child addicted to technology? - Philly.com - August 18th, 2017
- Opinion: This technology shift opens up new possibilities for iPhones, Androids and virtual reality - MarketWatch - August 16th, 2017
- The glow of technology has a dark side - Houston Chronicle - August 16th, 2017
- How Technology is Now Empowering Educators - Inc.com - August 15th, 2017
- How Technology Might Get Out of Control - Bloomberg - August 15th, 2017
- Trump administration goes after China over intellectual property, advanced technology - Washington Post - August 15th, 2017
- Building technology in Oklahoma, shipping all over the world - NewsOK.com - August 15th, 2017
- OKC startup pioneers technology that prevents accidental IV disconnects for hospital patients - NewsOK.com - August 15th, 2017
- Modernizing Government Technology Act to get second path to passage in Senate NDAA - FederalNewsRadio.com - August 14th, 2017
- ASCAP Names Tristan Boutros Chief Technology Officer - Variety - August 14th, 2017
- This Technology Could Stop the World's Deadliest Animal - Mother Jones - August 14th, 2017
- Technology Speeds Up Timeline on Quarterly Close - Wall Street Journal (subscription) - August 14th, 2017
- Trump Administration to Begin Probe of Alleged Chinese Technology Theft - Wall Street Journal (subscription) - August 13th, 2017
- 'Blockchain technology will change the world': Fidelity Labs SVP - CNBC - August 13th, 2017
- Victoria Teo, Technology Field, Sustainability, and the Roman Goddess - The Good Men Project (blog) - August 13th, 2017
- Technology migrations are more painful, and cloud isn't making them any easier - ZDNet - August 13th, 2017
- The fictitious movie technology we wish was real - CNET - August 13th, 2017
- Synchronous ledger technology (aka blockchain): The companies to watch - ZDNet - August 11th, 2017
- Scientists create world's first mutant ants with gene editing technology - Fox News - August 11th, 2017
- AWS just proved why standards drive technology platforms - TechCrunch - August 10th, 2017
- These Technology Index Funds Are Crushing It in 2017 - Motley Fool - August 10th, 2017
- Despite Proven Technology, Attempts To Make Table Saws Safer Drag On - NPR - August 10th, 2017
- 4 Best Technology Mutual Funds With Low Expense Ratios - Seeking Alpha - August 10th, 2017
- Mass market hopes for battery-free cell phone technology - Reuters - August 10th, 2017
- CB&I selling technology business, suspending dividend - Chron.com - August 10th, 2017
- Why SMBs Should Opt for Best-of-Breed Marketing Technology - eMarketer - August 9th, 2017
- Mazda says it has made a long-awaited breakthrough in engine technology - Ars Technica - August 9th, 2017
- Clyde Space to build cubesats for Audacy technology demonstration - SpaceNews - August 9th, 2017
- Elon Musk's Boring Company to use Tesla's technology for its tunnel project under LA - Electrek - August 9th, 2017
- 'Breakthrough' microchip technology helps heal wounds, nerves and organ damage - The Independent - August 9th, 2017
- Keeping up with technology - The Sun Daily - August 8th, 2017
- Google fires employee who wrote memo about women in technology jobs - The Boston Globe - August 8th, 2017
- Apple Needs Micron Technology - Seeking Alpha - August 8th, 2017
- SoftBank adding technology ambitions, with ARM, robotics - ABC News - August 8th, 2017
- Police looking for multiple suspects following Northwest Side shooting - WOAI - August 8th, 2017
- "Technology should look like something in your grandmother's room" says Oki Sato - Dezeen - August 8th, 2017
- Victim of 9/11 identified after 16 years using new DNA technology - The Independent - August 8th, 2017
- Newer traffic technology designed to cut back on wait time and accidents - KSFY - August 8th, 2017
- This insanely advanced technology could power a future colony on Mars. - SYFY WIRE (blog) - August 6th, 2017
- India team helps IBM create technology to battle hackers - The Hindu - August 6th, 2017
- School Crossings: 1:1 technology explained - Chippewa Herald - August 6th, 2017
- Students solve crimes, study sunlight at Northern Essex science and technology camp - Eagle-Tribune - August 6th, 2017
- As shootings soar, Chicago police use technology to predict crime - Reuters - August 6th, 2017
- Bringing Garden Fresh technology to others - Crain's Detroit Business - August 6th, 2017
- Google Is Developing Technology for Snapchat-Like Media Content - Wall Street Journal (subscription) - August 5th, 2017
- America 2.0: Why It's Time for a Technology Upgrade - Knowledge@Wharton - August 5th, 2017
- Vigliotti: Human Rights and Technology - Carroll County Times - August 4th, 2017
- The 19th Century Moral Panic Over Paper Technology - Slate Magazine - August 4th, 2017
- Technology Gets Under The Skin - NPR - August 4th, 2017
- Trump promotes technology to improve veterans' health care - ABC News - August 4th, 2017
- Technology tracks 'bee talk' to help improve honey bee health - Phys.Org - August 4th, 2017
- The Supreme Court is about to become more transparent, thanks to technology - Washington Post - August 4th, 2017
- Former DoD CIO Teri Takai to Lead Center for Digital Government - Government Technology - August 3rd, 2017
- As Apple surges to all-time high, analyst sees a 'very troubling sign' for technology stocks - CNBC - August 3rd, 2017
- USDA creating better quality of life, safer environment through technology transfer - FederalNewsRadio.com - August 2nd, 2017
- Asian Technology Stocks Just Hit 17-year Peaks - Fortune - August 2nd, 2017
- Pharmaceutical Brands Can Use Programmatic Technology, Too - eMarketer - August 2nd, 2017
- Teachers embracing technology in the classroom - KRIS Corpus Christi News - August 2nd, 2017
- A Better, Safer Battery Could Be Coming to a Laptop Near You - New York Times - August 2nd, 2017
- Tesla's Longtime Battery Technology Director Leaves Company - Bloomberg - August 1st, 2017
- Use of this visual technology is becoming popular for big events - Phys.Org - August 1st, 2017
- Egalet's Guardian Technology Begins Fight Against Opioid Abuse Epidemic - Seeking Alpha - August 1st, 2017
- Technology and morality - Times of India (blog) - August 1st, 2017