Welcome to the next installment in our blog series highlighting the companies in SoftLayer’s new . These Partners have built their businesses on the SoftLayer Platform, and we’re excited for them to tell their stories. New Partners will be added to the Marketplace each month, so stay tuned for many more come.
- Paul Ford, SoftLayer VP of Community Development
Scroll down to read a guest blog from the MODX team. MODX offers an intuitive, feature-rich, open source content management platform that can easily integrate with other applications as the heart of your Customer Experience Management solution.
Tech Partner Marketplace:
Free your Website with MODX CMS
Just having a website or a blog is no longer a viable online strategy for smart businesses. Today’s interconnected world requires engaging customers — from the first impression, to developing leads, educating, selling, empowering customer service and beyond. This key shift in online interaction is known as Customer Experience Management, or CXM.
For businesses to have success with CXM, they need an efficient way to connect all facets of their communications and information together with a modern and consistent look and feel, and without long learning curves or frustrating user experiences. You don’t want a Content Management System (CMS) that restricts your ability to meet brand standards, that lives in isolation from your other systems and data, or that fails to fulfil your businesses needs.
MODX is a content management platform that gives you the creative freedom to build custom websites limited only by your imagination. It certainly can play the central role in managing your customer experience.
Freedom from Hassle & Frustration
The most productive tools are those that simply allow you get your work done. To make life easy for content editors MODX uses familiar concepts like a hierarchical tree – similar to the folders and files on your computer. This allows content editors to relate their content to the overall website structure. But, like everything else in MODX, you aren’t limited to hierarchical content and can easily employ taxonomy-, list- or category-based structures.
Similarly, editing documents should be easy. With MODX, anyone who can open a web browser and send email has the skillset to create and edit content in MODX. Most tasks are a matter of filling out simple form fields into which content is placed and is accompanied by a sensible MS Word-like editor for your main content. Furthermore, site builders and developers are able to create custom fields for custom content types and custom data allowing non-technical employees to work in an intuitive, tailored environment.
Total Creative Freedom
Your website is one of the most visible parts of your brand and you certainly don’t want it limited by your CMS. MODX makes it possible to do anything that’s on the modern web now — you don’t have to wait for a year or hack the core to launch an HTML5 or mobile optimized site. MODX can do it all now, and even what’s coming next. It outputs exactly and only what you or your site builder dictate.
Freedom to Extend
MODX provides all the requisite tools for CMS, but it also functions as a fully capable web development platform upon which you can extend functionality, employ custom applications and do just about anything you can dream up. In fact, the “X” in MODX comes from the word “extensible”. Whether you want to build a Member-only website, Client Extranet, Resort Booking and Reservations system or private Social Network, you can do it on MODX.
For developers the fully-documented Object Oriented API and xPDO, MODXs database layer, provide all you need to build almost anything with MODX, even extending or overriding its core functionality. Critically, you can do all this using the API and retain a painless upgrade path without hacking the core. The MODX API architecture provides all the flexibility you or your developer might need to make MODX your own without painting your self into a corner.
Freedom from Bottlenecks
Modern web pages are made up of many component parts – site-wide headers and footers, navigation menus, articles, products and more. At some point, all these pieces need to be put together and delivered to the visitor as a single page that users expect to load quickly or they’ll leave your site.
To deliver pages fast, top-performing sites use server-side caching to take all those pieces and pre-process them for fast delivery to a browser. The problem with many CMS applications is that they manually rebuild pages every single time someone visits your site. That’s fine if you only have a few visitors, but your site can bog down or even fail under moderate traffic. In these circumstances, it would be disastrous if your website is featured on an industry magazine or website, national media or on a popular TV show. Your site could literally grind to a halt, costing you customers, damaging your reputation and ultimately making a bad first impression.
MODX’s native page caching delivers your site quickly by default. Additionally, MODX can use high-end caching like memcache to further improve performance under load. To handle millions of pageviews daily, you need robust servers and you need to optimize your environment … That’s where scaling across multiple servers and replication with SoftLayer works perfectly with MODX.
Free Your Legacy Systems
Keeping your data, content and business information in disconnected silos is ineffective and costly. Accessing existing systems, like an Active Directory or Enterprise Content repository, makes huge difference in getting your work done headache-free. You don’t have to worry about data duplication across systems, significant extra work to make everything work or synchronization issues. A new website platform should increase your productivity and enable your employees, customers and everyone else surrounding your business to find what they need and to interact efficiently and effectively.
MODX works with the tools and technology that organizations already have in place. It can easily interact with external web services or data feeds and can drive other applications via RESTful web services.
Security and Freedom to Rest Easy
Website Security is a topic that rarely surfaces during the early stages of a web project and often never comes up until your site has been compromised.
A high-quality hosting environment like those from SoftLayer are the foundation of website security. Your web CMS and its add-ons, plugin-ins or modules should not be a liability. MODX is designed with security at its core to protect your valuable website from malicious attacks. Every input is filtered, and every database query using the API eliminates the possibility of SQL injection compromises. Most importantly, the development team rigorously and continuously audits MODX to make sure its up to date and patching any new issues that may arise.
Freedom in the Community
With MODX and the MODX Community you’re not alone. There are hundreds of thousands of websites built on MODX and we have a friendly, active and growing community of raving fans over 37,000 strong to whom you can look for assistance, support, education and camaraderie.
In fact, the MODX Community is one of our greatest assets.
They provide mentorship, assistance and help make MODX software better through active reporting of issues and feature requests and contributing improvements for integration by the core team.
If you’re not a site builder or developer, but you want your website powered by MODX, one of the best places to start is with a . Our network of 90+ global Solution Partners enables you to get the right-fit expertise for your project and in many cases work locally. Solution Partners are experts at MODX and know how to do things right.
There really is a cure for the all too often restrictive, unintuitive and frustrating experience of putting content on the web. Get on the road to content management freedom with MODX. It’s easy to start since MODX Revolution itself is free to download and use.
Learn more at .
-Jay Gilmore,(1) Technology Partners Marketplace
(4) MODX Solution Partner
- Solar System Review a (Comparative Planetology) - Video - April 24th, 2013
- High Pressure Geochemistry - December 30th, 2012
- Close pass and possible asteroid eclipse tonight of 2012 XE54 December 14 - Video - December 16th, 2012
- Close pass and possible asteroid eclipse tonight of 2012 XE54 December 10 - Video - December 12th, 2012
- Close pass and possible asteroid eclipse tonight of 2012 XE54 - December 12th, 2012
- Two Asteroids Will Buzz Past Earth on December 11 - December 12th, 2012
- Russian Rocket Fails: Yamal 402 Fails to Reach Proper Orbit (Video) - December 10th, 2012
- Bizarre creature in ancient cocoon discovered in Artartica (Photos) - December 9th, 2012
- Bizarre creature in ancient cocoon discovered in Antartica (Photos) - December 9th, 2012
- AGU 2012 Fall Meeting: Science - December 6th, 2012
- Fostering Curiosity: Mars Express relays rocky images - December 6th, 2012
- ESA's Mars Express relays Curiosity data - November 30th, 2012
- Mars Express Relays Rocky Images From Curiosity Rover - November 28th, 2012
- ESA's Mars Express relays images of 'Rocknest3' from Curiosity rover - November 28th, 2012
- Astrophile: Lonely planet roams with stellar outcasts - November 18th, 2012
- 'Rogue' Planet Found Roaming - November 18th, 2012
- Chatter: Egyptian PM visits Gaza but ceasefire fails - November 18th, 2012
- Gigantic orphan planet: Homeless world hurtles through space without star - November 18th, 2012
- 'Orphan,' 'Rogue' Starless Planet Discovered Floating Through Space, Astronomers Say - November 18th, 2012
- Shocking: Planet Nibiru Exposed by Scientists (Today) 11.15.2012 - Video - November 16th, 2012
- 'Orphan' Alien Planet or Space Station? - Video - November 16th, 2012
- Rogue Alien Planet Found With No Star! Nibiru, Planet X? 2012 HD - Video - November 16th, 2012
- Orphan Planet Found: A Potential Orphan Planet Discovered By Astronomers - November 16th, 2012
- Planet with no star found - November 16th, 2012
- 'Orphan' alien planet is found nearby - November 16th, 2012
- Alien orphan: Rogue planet found floating without star - November 16th, 2012
- Scientists may have found 'orphan' planet NOT orbiting a star - November 16th, 2012
- Orphan world spotted in deep space - November 16th, 2012
- "Orphan" Alien Planet Found Nearby without Parent Star - November 16th, 2012
- Rogue Planet Larger Than Jupiter Discovered 100 Light-Years from Earth - November 16th, 2012
- Milky Way's Birth Record Not So Unique After All - November 3rd, 2012
- CHAIN'HOOD CREW LIVE@PLANETOLOGY 4/5 - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Planetology, Astronaut Dr. Tom Jones, HD - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Luke Planetology presentation - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Planetology @ CLUB ERA - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Luke Planetology - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Teach Astronomy - Terrestrial Planets - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Clutch@Planetology vol.61 - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Transits and Observations of Venus - Video - October 30th, 2012
- 2009TKOcrew .asf - Video - October 30th, 2012
- PLANETOLOGY "THE FINAL"- PLANET GALAXY - Video - October 30th, 2012
- PLANETOLOGY "THE FINAL" - Video - October 30th, 2012
- a new Phylosophical Approach to the Search for Life on other Planets: New Comparative Planetology - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Four Rocks Near the Sun - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Astronaut Tom Jones on WMAL 08-03-12 - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Lineated Valley Fill in Deuteronilus Mensae - Mars - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Astronomy 101: Orientation - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Our Last Transit of Venus - Video - October 30th, 2012
- Planetary Science - Wiki Article - Video - October 30th, 2012
- New Planet Discoveries Reignite Search For Alien Life - October 30th, 2012
- New Executive Director for ISSI, Bern, Switzerland - October 30th, 2012
- Water May Have Been Deposited On Vesta Asteroid Long Ago - October 2nd, 2012
- Dawn suggests special delivery of hydrated material to Vesta - October 2nd, 2012
- Swastika-Bearing Buddhist Statue Was Chiseled From a Meteorite - October 2nd, 2012
- Dawn Suggests Delivery of Hydrated Material to Vesta - October 2nd, 2012
- Asteroid Expert To Give Free Public Talk At Planetary Science Meeting In Reno - October 2nd, 2012
- Ancient Buddhist statue made of meteorite, new study reveals - October 2nd, 2012
- Buddhist Statue Made of Meteorite, New Study Reveals - October 2nd, 2012
- Hawaii Institute of Geophysics and Planetology (HIGP) at UH SOEST - Video - June 22nd, 2012
- PLANETOLOGY "THE FINAL"- DJ WATAKEN - Video - June 7th, 2012
- Preparing for the big one - May 5th, 2012
- Comparative Planetology - Video - May 4th, 2012
- Eve Online › Observing ships in Jita 4-4 (max graphics details) - Video - May 4th, 2012
- Marvelous - Video - May 4th, 2012
- Waves Ripples Dunes - Mars - Video - May 4th, 2012
- SoftLayer on the iPad - November 6th, 2011
- ethProxy: Tech Partner Spotlight - November 6th, 2011
- Global Expansion: Floating Like a Butterfly - November 6th, 2011
- Top 10 SoftLayer Facts - November 6th, 2011
- Celebrating and Looking Forward - November 6th, 2011
- 3 Bars | 3 Questions: Amsterdam - November 6th, 2011
- Global Expansion: Amsterdam Ready to Launch - October 30th, 2011
- SoftLayer Features and Benefits – Data Centers - October 30th, 2011
- 3 Bars | 3 Questions: Singapore - October 30th, 2011
- And the answer is.... - October 30th, 2011
- The Importance of a First Impression - October 30th, 2011
- NOT Lost in Translation - October 30th, 2011
- Coworkers and Divisional Rivals: Football at SoftLayer - October 29th, 2011
- New Data Centers, Barbara Streisand & “Da Bobby G” - October 23rd, 2011
- Adding ‘Moore’ Storage Solutions - October 23rd, 2011